Drink More Water, Lose More Weight? YES!

Options

Replies

• rachseby
    rachseby Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    anyone do one of those water+lemon juice+chili pepper things? those do anything?
    Heartburn?
  • Camera_BagintheUK
    Camera_BagintheUK Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the water calculator - this is something I can use - Having too much water can be detrimental just as having too little water - Thanks again -

oh, and there is a nursing mother, you had mentioned climate, lets not forget medication, diabetes etc - Perchocet or the opiate family will suck you dry of your fluids -

Someone mentioned adding chili or lemon to the water - Lemon is acidic and it will help with cleansing and burning fat - however, water itself has properties - minerals and it actually has to be digested, also cleanses the body - I have heard of people adding fruit to their water for an added taste, like berries or watermelon or orange slices, but I had not heard of adding chili before - Is it good?

Lemon does what now?
    Come on now, that would just be silly. We all know that only green coffee beans, raspberry ketones and HCG burn fat.

To be fair, water *does* cleanse the body. In the shower.
    NO! YOU ARE WRONG! 'Cause I think a construction worker hit a pipe or something. It's been yellowish for 2 days.

That'd be the tea!
  • purpleiris82
    purpleiris82 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I drank two cups of water while reading this entire thread. Now I have to pee and I want a brownie!
  • emilycarr71404
    emilycarr71404 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    ...ok

Hey, just so you know! Message boards and forums are on MFP for motivation and support. Support being the operative word. If you're going to be annoying/not contribute anything positive you should go hang out in any of the YouTube comments sections with the prepubescent and aggressive tweens. Thanks for playing, though! :]

Okay! Thanks for your helpful feedback!!! I had no idea that public internet message boards required me to be motivational and supportive and never post anything that might be the least bit sceptical of force feeding gallon jugs of water!!!! They really should post that in the terms of service or something don't you think?

I'm honestly so pleased you took the time to be motivational and supportive of my lack of motivation and support though! I hope the last couple sentences didn't take you too long to come up with over a one word post.

herblackwings, I love you. And I ADORE your slider.
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    ...ok

Hey, just so you know! Message boards and forums are on MFP for motivation and support. Support being the operative word. If you're going to be annoying/not contribute anything positive you should go hang out in any of the YouTube comments sections with the prepubescent and aggressive tweens. Thanks for playing, though! :]

Your response is more obnoxious than that of the person to whom you're replying. There's no set amount of water that every person should drink. A rule of thumb is when one's urine is pale or clear. Some people will need to drink less than a gallon of water to achieve that.
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I am so depressed now- seriously......1/2 to 1 oz of water per pound of body weight!
    Ugh!
  • pcastagner
    pcastagner Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    I am so depressed now- seriously......1/2 to 1 oz of water per pound of body weight!
    Ugh!

Hey good news! There is zero science behind that number. None. At. All. It's entirely made up out of thin air. Go ahead and look for the research, you'll be searching all day! It's arbitrary.

Drink if you are thirsty.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    IN - so I can catch up on this when I get back from the gym :flowerforyou:
  • wamydia
    wamydia Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I just started this yesterday. I have had a gallon a day for two days now. Yes I pee all of the time. I know it's a gross questions, but did you notice changes in your digestive system?
    Thanks for the post!

FYI, if you are drinking way too much water, your body will eliminate it anyway it can in order to maintain a healthy water balance in your body (yes, even though the digestive tract). If that is the problem you are having, you should lay off drinking so much water. Try only drinking when you think you need it instead of chugging away in order to get through a gallon a day.

Another tip for anyone who cares -- trying to stay hydrated by drinking a ton of water can actually cause you to become more dehydrated. This is called irony.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Ugh!

Hey good news! There is zero science behind that number. None. At. All. It's entirely made up out of thin air. Go ahead and look for the research, you'll be searching all day! It's arbitrary.

Drink if you are thirsty.

This
  • trackmyday1973
    trackmyday1973 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    no thanks.

I like CocaCola.

same here :)
  • Armyantzzz
    Armyantzzz Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Our bodies require water...:smile: but we need not overdo it:smile: on average 8 glasses a day is adequate...:bigsmile ... Eat healthy and moderate.... exercise routinely... :glasses: Too much water can lead to complications.... :drinker: Check with your doctor to be sure.:smile:
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Getting enough water is very important to our health.

Drinking a large amount of water (more than one normally drinks) spread out over the day (makes it safe; all in a short amount of time is dangerous) will usually result in a loss on the scale. This is just water weight, not a magic pill to lose fat. If you worship the scale you might want to try it. Otherwise just drink a normal amount.
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    64 oz is a gallon of water

Nope! In the UK 160 oz is a gallon of water. Did you know that US gallons are smaller than UK gallons? And US pints are smaller than UK pints. You should have seen the barman's face when we visited a bar in the US and asked for half pints of beer. They didn't sell them. And you should have seen OUR faces when we saw the "pints" we were served. More like thimble-fulls! :drinker:
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    ...ok

Okay! Thanks for your helpful feedback!!! I had no idea that public internet message boards required me to be motivational and supportive and never post anything that might be the least bit sceptical of force feeding gallon jugs of water!!!! They really should post that in the terms of service or something don't you think?

I'm honestly so pleased you took the time to be motivational and supportive of my lack of motivation and support though! I hope the last couple sentences didn't take you too long to come up with over a one word post.

herblackwings, I love you. And I ADORE your slider.

Thank you. I love you too. (Just don't tell my husband) :D
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    I was told you can count coffee and Tea as water as long it is decaf.
  • LBNOakland
    LBNOakland Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    In before the lock!! This is getting quite interesting!!

I love water!! I do drink a gallon a day. 4 x 32 oz. I have recently added a 5th 32 oz but I am not as anal about it. Coach Calorie recommends a gallon a day.

A gallon a day makes the fat go away!!! :devil: :laugh:

Check with your doc first if you have kidney or liver problems! (disclaimer! :embarassed: )
  • LBNOakland
    Options
    Getting enough water is very important to our health.

Drinking a large amount of water (more than one normally drinks) spread out over the day (makes it safe; all in a short amount of time is dangerous) will usually result in a loss on the scale. This is just water weight, not a magic pill to lose fat. If you worship the scale you might want to try it. Otherwise just drink a normal amount.

It isn't just water weight. Inital weight loss is water weight as with any diet. Your body retains water if you don't hydrate it. The more you drink, the less you retain.

Besides, you shower your outside everyday (hopefully) do the same for the inside!!
  • LBNOakland
    Options
    I actually agree with her. The person that posted "...ok" contributed absolutely nothing to discussion. She was simply pointing out that comments like that are counterproductive and rude. If you have a problem with that, you don't need to post here, either.

potKettle_zpsb1010c95.jpg

That's a teapot, not a kettle.

Wow, a lot of you are quick to mock people it seems. What a great community.

Please stop hijacking the thread. I'm not sure why you're so negative. Aren't we all here for the same thing? :flowerforyou:

Yes! Please don't hijakk the hijacked thread. Would that mean it is hijacked BACk or rehijacked or...

Wait!!!!!! Got.to.get.back.On.topic! Pee Break!! There! fluids mentioned!! Wheww!
  • LBNOakland
    Options
    Well Darn!! Is everyone done playing?! FIne! Back to the bathroom I go! :grumble: