Why most dieters get it wrong

Options

Replies

• GODfidence
    GODfidence Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    You trick your body into thinking it's eating the same thing every day, by actually eating the same thing every day.
    Hahaaa..
  • Bridgetthegre
    Bridgetthegre Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Um. What? The only thing I got out of all of that is that it's not rocket science. I think I can safely confirm this. It's not rocket science.
  • rogerbosch
    rogerbosch Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Here's the science:

weight_1.jpg?async&0.9041326625738293
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    When are people on this site going to stop telling everyone that they're "doing it wrong" unless you're "doing it" their way???? Seriously. Let it go, OP. Your way worked/works for you. Awesome. High fives all around. Couldn't be happier for you.

Your way isn't how I did it, and yet, my way worked/works for me. I've been doing it "my way" for almost a year, and granted, I've only been on maintenance for four, almost five months. So maybe a year from now I'll be crying the blues and wondering why I didn't do it "your way".

Perhaps you could have titled the topic "how I did it" and shared your experience, rather than just telling everyone you have discovered THE way to get to an optimal weight and everyone who isn't doing it your way is doing it wrong. Honestly I didn't even read your whole post because I was instantly put off by the notion that you've discovered THE way to lose weight. And I don't even see any letters after your name anywhere to indicate your expert status in the area of nutrition and health. Or maybe that was somewhere in the part I didn't bother reading....

I congratulate you on achieving your goals. Your way clearly is working for you. My only suggestion is maybe to recognize that there's more than one way to do this and your way isn't THE way....
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    This thread has multiple layers of crazy, like a crazy parfait.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Who is this 'Red' and why is he a non-believer?
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    When are people on this site going to stop telling everyone that they're "doing it wrong" unless you're "doing it" their way???? Seriously. Let it go, OP. Your way worked/works for you. Awesome. High fives all around. Couldn't be happier for you.

Your way isn't how I did it, and yet, my way worked/works for me. I've been doing it "my way" for almost a year, and granted, I've only been on maintenance for four, almost five months. So maybe a year from now I'll be crying the blues and wondering why I didn't do it "your way".

Perhaps you could have titled the topic "how I did it" and shared your experience, rather than just telling everyone you have discovered THE way to get to an optimal weight and everyone who isn't doing it your way is doing it wrong. Honestly I didn't even read your whole post because I was instantly put off by the notion that you've discovered THE way to lose weight. And I don't even see any letters after your name anywhere to indicate your expert status in the area of nutrition and health. Or maybe that was somewhere in the part I didn't bother reading....

Your way clearly is working for you. My only suggestion is maybe to recognize that there's more than one way to do this and your way isn't THE way....

amen
  • iTrainHARD
    Options
    Site your sources ?

Why would I need sources when it works over a vey long period? Boy, you sound like FBI director Mearing from Transformers III who just thinks about paperwork in a crisis!

How this works is not rocket science. It’s logic and based on personal, empirical data -experience. And it’s backed up from here all the way to Washington DC! If you don’t believe me, I’m willing to do a lie-detector test!

Maybe you’re cravin for an example. Let’s have one. Suppose you eat chicken curry every day for supper. I do. I love it. I know what you’re thinking, eating the same every day is boring. My wife agrees with you and she’s gaining. I’m not. And who cares when the food is delicious! Eating the same meals everyday has another advantage. After a while, you know exactly what effect the amount of ingredients has on your body. If you eat different meals every day, you don’t know what to blame if you discover that you have gained a pound.

Now, let’s say you’ve been throwing 500 grams of chicken in your daily supper, 150 mm of coconut milk (the full one, trimmed coconut milk just gives you diarrhea), 2 spoons of olive oil, some vegetables and half a packet of curry sauce. The food is so delicious that when you finish you still can eat more, so you have an ice cream after.
    You now feel energized! so you go out for a 30 minute walk. When you come back you do some stuff on the computer.

Okay, this has made you gain a pound. So what do you do tomorrow? Just eat vegetables? No! You eat 400 grams chicken. Your body’s not going to know the difference. For the rest you eat like yesterday: 150 mm of coconut milk, a sauce with a different flavor for some variation, 2 spoons of olive oil and, oh heck, some other vegetables (oh, those veggies they’re all the same, it doesn’t matter what kind you pick it will hardly have any effect on your weight!) and an ice cream after. You go out for a 30 minute walk and surf the net for celebrities who are even fatter than you!

Next morning the scale tells you you gained 400 grams. You panic!

No, I’m just kidding

I fixed your post
  • seinfeldlove
    seinfeldlove Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Can't speak to the theory of eating the same thing every day except to say I couldn't do it. Wouldn't even want to try. But as to Sams's post, I agree that food additives in our food hurt us, and our kids. Eating fresh as often as possible is my goal, but it's not always possible. I have to rely or canned or frozen veggies at times, rinse them well and pray for the best. What I can't do any more is obsess over every morsel that passes my lips. I can make the best choices, exercise, track my food and remind myself when the scale doesn't budge fast enough that I'm doing the right things, for ME. I feel better, more in control of my health and my life when I'm actively working to control my weight.
  • SAMBALLS1
    SAMBALLS1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    PLEASE DO NOT CORRECT MY POST... it took me everybit of 3 - 4 minutes to put this together for the readers... I'm human. i make mistakes.... I can't type as fast as i think.. and my mind goes 200mph...

lol
    I don't know where you get your info, but you are very incorrect... You can train your body to not be hungry by eating less.(THE DOWNFALL IS YOU GAIN WEIGHT).. If you change your eating habits and eat often, ie.. every 3 hrs, you will be hungry sooner than later..... Tricking you body comes from putting the right food in your system... The only thing you could trick you body into would be Keotosis. But that comes with a very strict low car diet and systematically increasing carbs. The only downfall to this diet (There has yet to be a person to prove Dr. Atkins incorrect - That's why it's still used in every hospital in the U.S. Today!) is the loss of muscle along with fat. The Atkins diet is probably one of the easiest diets to do and you loose extreme amount of weight. Eating correctly and often keeps your body from going into starvation. Loosing weight is easy... The formula easy... garbage in, garbage out... and making the necessary caloric adjustments for any exercise in between. People need to stop setting GOALS. YES I SAID IT....SETTING GOALS ARE STUPID. What happens 90% of the time when you get to a goal....YOU QUIT WHEN YOU ACHIEVE IT.. Being healthy is A LIFE STYLE. For those of us who do not have the genetics for it and have to constantly work at it... Being thin for us is a complete life style change.
    Do you know why people gain wait from eating out????? Because of all the **** that the FDA has been feeding us for YEARS....Yes... I said it.. it's not a conspiracy... Its fact! Why is it that in the early 40-50-60's it was healthy to eat bread? Why because MAN had not touched it...and what I mean by touched it is Genetically Engineering it to produce more crop.... Did you people know that the WHEAT plant has about 53 extra chromosomes that GOD (or the maker of the heavens and earth is - who ever that person is to you) did not intend for our body's to process...These are called SYNTHETICS. They are items that are synthesized and are not naturally produced.. for ie... all food that is processed.... canned beans,corn . . . everything. The body up digesting these synthetics CAN NOT process these items efficiently and what happens is you body starts concentrating all its efforts in trying to process that food.. What does that do... Makes you gain weight because it's expending all it's energy trying to rid of the **** you put into it... Why is it that all athlete or models or fitness guru's eat healthy... Because they know this... If you people really want to loose weight... Stop eating out and start making your own meals from food that you get from farmers markets etc... you want food that doesn't have all the junk in it... If you just changed that. . . .. .JUST YOUR FOOD.... you will loose weight... YOU DON'T HAVE TO WORK OUT TO LOOSE WEIGHT...YES I SAID IT....all trainers try to do is make $$$$$$ off us by feeding us **** about how important working out is... IT'S BULL****.... YES I SAID IT BULL****! the real formula for having the model physique and being cut is 90% DIET 10% EXCESSIVE!.......

I invited any educated challenge to disprove post..

Sam

aliens-meme.jpg

I fixed most of your grammar errors. I understand your frustration but please CALM DOWN before you start typing, or you'll look stupid.
  • rogerbosch
    rogerbosch Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Grams ? You mean lbs.
    No Dr. Mearing, I mean grams. I think after eating 400 lbs of chicken one could lay eggs...
  • karenertl
    karenertl Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    This is the first thing I thought of.

th?id=H.4902706251039246&pid=1.7&w=227&h=178&c=7&rs=1
  • eileen0515
    eileen0515 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Chicken curry (or something else) every damn day for the rest of your life. Every...single...day! What is matter with you? Not sustainable over the long haul, unless you live on a deserted island. Hopefully one with coconuts.
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    RED THIS NON BELIEVER http://www.organicwish.com/could-eating-organic-food-help-you-lose-weight.html
    Sometimes make it seem like that! these are just facts!

aliens-meme.jpg

I would like for you to inform me how your body using more energy to process/digest food would actually cause people to gain weight. That's ignoring all of your other conspiracy theories/pseudoscience.
    [/quote]

h27195059

And here's some articles from credible, peer reviewed sources that show no benefit of organic foods over non-organic foods. Have fun with your tinfoil hat!

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/159212.php
    http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/249848.php

Oh and organic foods can have high levels of arsenic due to the addition of organic brown rice syrup:
    http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/241781.php
  • MsEndomorph
    MsEndomorph Posts: 604 Member
    Options

If you eat crazy parfait every day, your body gets used to it and you lose weight.

The voices in my head told me so.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Grams ? You mean lbs.
    No Dr. Mearing, I mean grams. I think after eating 400 lbs of chicken one could lay eggs...

Why would I want a chicken period ?
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options

If you eat crazy parfait every day, your body gets used to it and you lose weight.

Okay this is just laugh out loud funny. Thank you. I needed that.
  • Bridgetthegre
    Bridgetthegre Posts: 85 Member
    Options

Don't talk parfait. Everybody loves parfait.
  • eazy_
    eazy_ Posts: 516 Member
    Options

Okay this is just laugh out loud funny. Thank you. I needed that.
  • littlebee26
    Options
    well done to everyone who managed to follow this thread. I was keeping up for a while.....but then I got confused.............and then I couldn't remember what I'd read previously. And then there was a light............and everything went blurry. I don't recall anything after that. Okay, off I go to walk the elephants.