For some of those who responded to "super serious question"

Options
Some of you guys just aren't understanding what is going through my mind, or as you put it "you don't understand my logic"

Even at 209 pounds,I don't think i look extremely "bad" as I see people that weigh less than me at the same height, and they look bigger than me ( for example my sister is180 pounds and looks 220) so naturally, I'm not too unhappy with my appearance, and my husband LOVES my size, BUT I KNOW IT IS UNHEALTHY!!!! So I decided that I should loose the weight for my health's sake, and to look better of course. That is when loose skin crossed my mind, and I began to wonder if my ideal weight was worth the loose skin. Being that I am young, AND married, I do not want to be unattractive this early in my life, and this early in my marriage just because of sagging skin hanging off of my stomach, thighs, and arms. So i thought maybe i should just maintain my 209 pounds, and not gain or loose. I do not want to ashamed to stand naked before my husband. At least at this size, I know he is he is pleased with my appearance. I'm not saying he would love me less because of my sagging skin, but lets face it, love and sex are two different things. and just because he loves me doesn't mean he will have sexual desire for me.

But many responders say that because I am young, and I don't have to loose a couple of hundred pounds, so I should be fine. So my journey to 125 pounds continues. . . and I am not carrying your judgmental comments with me. because you guys obviously have no regard for why I worry about loose skin. (for those of you who posted judgmental
statements,)

original question was "would i have sagging skin with 78 pounds to loose, at 20 years old, and 5 foot 3 in height", for those who dont know what i am talking about

Replies

• Achaila
    Achaila Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I went from 270 something down to 195 and started noticing sagging skin around 200 pounds. I was 22 when that happened. It can happen even if you're young and I definitely understand your concern about it.
  • royalty819
    royalty819 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I went from 270 something down to 195 and started noticing sagging skin around 200 pounds. I was 22 when that happened. It can happen even if you're young and I definitely understand your concern about it.

a lot of people said that the skin eventually tightens itself up, is that true?
  • Achaila
    Achaila Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    It will eventually, with time and exercise. I had to do a lot of toning on everything. Especially my stomach and arms.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    I haven't read through the "super serious question" thread. But you started another one on the same topic?
  • royalty819
    Options
    It will eventually, with time and exercise. I had to do a lot of toning on everything. Especially my stomach and arms.

Okay awesome. . .and congrats on your weight loss!!!
  • Lovestoscrapbook
    Lovestoscrapbook Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about the haters. Eat healthy and aim to lose slow but steady. This will help avoid the problem you are worried about. You are young and so produce lots of collagen to keep your skin elastic and assuming you don't attempt to lose huge amounts quickly, your skin should be OK.
  • royalty819
    Options
    just lose the weight and be healthy
    dont worry about sagging skin

if your husband loves you he wont be "turned off" by any imperfections cuz we all have them

What are u going to do when u have babies? You may develope a "sag" there

worry about YOUR health right now and do this FOR YOU

your husband will love having a HEALTHY HAPPY and CONFIDENT wife

I already had a child, and dont plan on having any more lol. . .And as i stated in the last sentence of the original post, my journey to being 125 pounds continues lol
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    My suggestion would be to do weight train now while on your journey to lose the weight. You don't seem to have that jiggly type body fat, your skin looks firm. I believe if you do the weight training while losing the weight, even if you have saggy skin, it shouldn't be nearly as bad as if you did cardio all by itself

Your husband loves you, and you have to decide to lose the weight for you and you alone, don't worry about the saggy skin now, at least go on the journey and see what happens, than stay worrying about it happening and never do anything about it

Good luck
  • EmmiDahling
    EmmiDahling Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I didn't respond to your original post. I understand your concerns.

I am 5'4" and started at 224. In one year I lost about 70 pounds and am down to 152. So far, I do not have sagging skin. I drink a LOT of water and moisturize my skin every day. I'm also taking a break from the calorie cut this summer to allow my skin to adjust before going back to a cut in the fall.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Skin is elastic, and because you are young you still have plenty of elasticity in your skin. Weight loss done properly paying attention to retaining muscle mass is a slow process, and your skin should react accordingly. That being said, sagging skin might still occur if you lose weight faster than your skin can react. Try cocoa or shea butter lotions, and eat lots of vitamin E to try to promote your skin's elasticity.

I'm a big advocate of being healthy and fit. I don't think healthy is ever unattractive.

Best of luck.
  • royalty819
    Options
    My suggestion would be to do weight train now while on your journey to lose the weight. You don't seem to have that jiggly type body fat, your skin looks firm. I believe if you do the weight training while losing the weight, even if you have saggy skin, it shouldn't be nearly as bad as if you did cardio all by itself

Your husband loves you, and you have to decide to lose the weight for you and you alone, don't worry about the saggy skin now, at least go on the journey and see what happens, than stay worrying about it happening and never do anything about it

Good luck

• royalty819
    Options
    I didn't respond to your original post. I understand your concerns.

I am 5'4" and started at 224. In one year I lost about 70 pounds and am down to 152. So far, I do not have sagging skin. I drink a LOT of water and moisturize my skin every day. I'm also taking a break from the calorie cut this summer to allow my skin to adjust before going back to a cut in the fall.

thanks, and congrats on loosing your weight!
  • BlisterLamb
    BlisterLamb Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    You also may not necessarily have loose skin. I lost over 100 pounds and did not have any loose skin. And I was in my late 40's when I lost it. Good genes, I guess. My skin is pretty elastic and I lost it slowly. It just never sagged.
  • mrsschmitty722
    mrsschmitty722 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I went from 260+ lbs, down to 118, then back up to 170, and now I'm getting these pounds back off, after being on a medication that put weight back on me.
    I do have sagging skin, but I didn't do any weight training to help tone me up, I only lost the weight and really did nothing to tone my arms, belly, and thighs. This time, I'm going about it differently, and hoping to help myself and my skin tone up as much as possible. I started the journey at age 25 , got the 100+ lbs off in a year and maintained my weight til I was put on the meds around 2 years ago. I am now 32.

I'm a newbie here, so I hope I am typing this in the right place. I wish you well, and good luck on your journey!!
  • megsi474
    megsi474 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Your skin elasticity has something to do with age and a lot to do with genetics. It begs the question do those who make it through significant weight loss and don't have sagging skin have the right kind of skin to begin with? Same with women who don't get stretch marks during pregnancy. All you can do is lose slowly and in the right way without gimmicks that may cause you to drop weight quickly in a way your skin may not be able to bounce back from but really, there's no magic crystal ball here. You'll just have to see what happens as you go and re-evaluate your acceptance of yourself like we all do as we achieve things. Good luck!
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    So let me try to understand this...You are losing the weight because you want to be healthy...and not for appearance purposes...but you do not want to lose the weight because of appearance purposes?

If you truly cared about your health - you would know that sagging skin is not a problem as compared to being over-weight/obese/whatever.

I am actually just confused by the entire purpose of the OP.
  • royalty819
    Options
    So let me try to understand this...You are losing the weight because you want to be healthy...and not for appearance purposes...but you do not want to lose the weight because of appearance purposes?

If you truly cared about your health - you would know that sagging skin is not a problem as compared to being over-weight/obese/whatever.

I am actually just confused by the entire purpose of the OP.

did you read the whole post, or just what was convenient for you? I stated that i wanted to loose weight "to be healthy AND look better. . ." and in the last sentence says my journey to becoming 125 pounds continues

and you do not understand the post because it wasn't for you.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Well, your skin looks pretty firm in your pictures, that is a good start. I wouldn't worry too much about it. Start losing the weight, and if your skin starts getting saggy & you aren't happy with your appearance....then stop. Easy as that!
This discussion has been closed.