Why most dieters get it wrong

Options

Replies

• brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    This morning my 12 week Challenge meal plan said Muesli and Protein Powder with yoghurt.

Hmmm... didn't really appeal to me.

So I had toast with ham, eggs and baby spinach instead. My body said thank you and so I think the trick worked.

No rabbit in a hat required. I must be getting good at this.
    It's not about magic at all, I don't get why people are raving about magicians and hats and rabbits (I talked about chicken by the way, not any other animals)…
    Magicians trick an audience, I am merely talking about tricking your body which is much easier and does not require special skills!

Just try this for once: stand in the front of a mirror and tell yourself that you are in control. YOU, not your body, not your mind. Have you ever done this? Well, I have. And you know what I noticed? That I had forgotten to shave and that that didn't look all too bad on me.

Who am I if not my body or my mind?
  • Mgregory723
    Mgregory723 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure this is the best executed troll thread I have EVER seen. 7 pages in and not one person has cried troll. Great work, OP.

I did actually

Sorry, must have missed it crying from laughter. this is golden.

Maybe I should have post this
    images-3.jpg
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    I'm pretty sure this is the best executed troll thread I have EVER seen. 7 pages in and not one person has cried troll. Great work, OP.

I did actually

Maybe I should have post this GIF
    images-3.jpg

35tgwn.jpg
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options

I did actually

Maybe I should have post this GIF
    images-3.jpg

35tgwn.jpg

I think the sure way to tell would be to find out if he's posting from the psych ward or not.
  • nextrightthing
    nextrightthing Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Every day for the rest of your life.
    I feel I'm obligated to help the less fortunate so let me share a story…

I had a neighbor once who ate differently every day, three times a day. He kept changing it so much that his habit became a routine in itself. One day he confided to me that he could never eat a same meal because otherwise his life would be even more boring! So I suggested he take a break from his dull existence. And so he moved to Thailand!

And the food? Everyday Khao Neow Moo Ping he wrote in his last email. He did not further explain what that is, too focused and busy with his new life filled with all kinds of beauties - both women AND men!

Now, would this guy have doubted my advice? He still would be the fat bore from next door he was three years ago. Never question my food again!

You're a weirdo. I kinda like that.
    You guys are keeping me busy, I can't concentrate on my new book (How To Become a Better PUA)… Can someone please stop commenting?!

The key to this whole thread..........he believes he is becoming a better pick up artist..... not magician.
  • challenger9509
    challenger9509 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    OP:
    Y U No finish thread?

still laughing..love this :)
  • rogerbosch
    rogerbosch Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    This morning my 12 week Challenge meal plan said Muesli and Protein Powder with yoghurt.

So I had toast with ham, eggs and baby spinach instead. My body said thank you and so I think the trick worked.

It's not about magic at all, I don't get why people are raving about magicians and hats and rabbits (I talked about chicken by the way, not any other animals)…
    Magicians trick an audience, I am merely talking about tricking your body which is much easier and does not require special skills!

Just try this for once: stand in the front of a mirror and tell yourself that you are in control. YOU, not your body, not your mind. Have you ever done this? Well, I have. And you know what I noticed? That I had forgotten to shave and that that didn't look all too bad on me.

No clue, go ask Deepak Chopra. If she can't give you a satisfying answer, I'm sure she'll have some great curry advice!
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    So I googled "crazy parfait" for the shiggles. First picture:

%252435+Crazy+Big+Parfait.jpg

You're welcome.

Is it me, or does every item in those parfaits looks as if it were made of plastic? That doesn't even look like real food! :noway:

Looks like plastic to me as well.
    It probably is. Most likely display pieces in the window of a restaurant. It's fairly common in Japan, where those seem to be.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I did actually

gold-ranger-power-rangers-samurai-22411216-385-510.jpg
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options

No clue, go ask Deepak Chopra. If she can't give you a satisfying answer, I'm sure she'll have some great curry advice!

umm... isn't Deepak Chopra a dude? lol
  • wamydia
    wamydia Posts: 259 Member
    Options

I wasn't totally sure until I read the story about the multiple personality disorder blind girlfriend on page 5 and by then I had already replied. I'd like that 5 minutes of my life back now. I want to use it looking at the awesome gifs people are pulling out for this thread.
  • nursenelson
    Options
    I don't know where you get your info, but you are very incorrect... You can train your body to not be hungry by eating less.(THE DOWNFALL IS YOU GAIN WEIGHT).. If you change your eating habits and eat often, ie.. every 3 hrs, you will be hungry sooner than later..... Tricking you body comes from putting the right food in your system... The only thing you could trick you body into would be Keotosis. But that comes with a very strict low car diet and systematically increasing carbs. The only downfall to this diet (There has yet to be a person to prove Dr. Atkins incorrect - That's why it's still used in every hospital in the U.S. Today!) is the loss of muscle along with fat. The Atkins diet is probably one of the easiest diets to do and you loose extreme amount of weight. Eating correctly and often keeps your body from going into starvation. Loosing weight is easy... The formula easy... garbage in, garbage out... and making the necessary caloric adjustments for any exercise in between. People need to stop setting GOALS. YES I SAID IT....SETTING GOALS ARE STUPID. What happens 90% of the time when you get to a goal....YOU QUIT WHEN YOU ACHIEVE IT.. Being healthy is A LIFE STYLE. For those of us who do not have the genetics for it and have to constantly work at it... Being thin for us is a complete life style change.
    Do you know why people gain wait from eating out????? Because of all the **** that the FDA has been feeding us for YEARS....Yes... I said it.. it's not a conspiracy... Its fact! Why is it that in the early 40-50-60's it was healthy to eat bread? Why because MAN had not touched it...and what I mean by touched it is Genetically Engineering it to produce more crop.... Did you people know that the WHEAT plant has about 53 extra chromosomes that GOD (or the maker of the heavens and earth is - who ever that person is to you) did not intend for our body's to process...These are called SYNTHETICS. They are items that are synthesized and are not naturally produced.. for ie... all food that is processed.... canned beans,corn . . . everything. The body up digesting these synthetics CAN NOT process these items efficiently and what happens is you body starts concentrating all its efforts in trying to process that food.. What does that do... Makes you gain weight because it's expending all it's energy trying to rid of the **** you put into it... Why is it that all athlete or models or fitness guru's eat healthy... Because they know this... If you people really want to loose weight... Stop eating out and start making your own meals from food that you get from farmers markets etc... you want food that doesn't have all the junk in it... If you just changed that. . . .. .JUST YOUR FOOD.... you will loose weight... YOU DON'T HAVE TO WORK OUT TO LOOSE WEIGHT...YES I SAID IT....all trainers try to do is make $$$$$$ off us by feeding us **** about how important working out is... IT'S BULL****.... YES I SAID IT BULL****! the real formula for having the model physique and being cut is 90% DIET 10% EXCESSIVE!.......

I invited any educated challenge to disprove post..

Sam

aliens-meme.jpg

I fixed most of your grammar errors. I understand your frustration but please CALM DOWN before you start typing, or you'll look stupid.

I understand your frustration with spelling mistakes but the one and most annoyingly common spelling mistake that you missed - that I see way too often is "loose" when it should be "lose".
    Boy oh boy that drives me insane!!
    Who wants to "loose" "wait"???
    Not I!
    I want to lose weight!!

Ketosis
    and lose not loose.
    cal not car
    weight not wait

just sayin'
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options

I wasn't totally sure until I read the story about the multiple personality disorder blind girlfriend on page 5 and by then I had already replied. I'd like that 5 minutes of my life back now. I want to use it looking at the awesome gifs people are pulling out for this thread.

That and the graph were what gave it away to me.... hahaha

This troll is good cause he imbeds his giveaways within the hot button issues of MFP. It sneaks up on you!
  • rogerbosch
    Options

umm... isn't Deepak Chopra a dude? lol
    Check, you're right! Thanks for that. Anyway, he suggests that we are not our body or mind. Didn't even know that after I tried to find an answer for the asker.
  • adiostrasero
    adiostrasero Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I don't know where you get your info, but you are very incorrect... You can train your body to not be hungry by eating less.(THE DOWNFALL IS YOU GAIN WEIGHT).. If you change your eating habits and eat often, ie.. every 3 hrs, you will be hungry sooner than later..... Tricking you body comes from putting the right food in your system... The only thing you could trick you body into would be Keotosis. But that comes with a very strict low car diet and systematically increasing carbs. The only downfall to this diet (There has yet to be a person to prove Dr. Atkins incorrect - That's why it's still used in every hospital in the U.S. Today!) is the loss of muscle along with fat. The Atkins diet is probably one of the easiest diets to do and you loose extreme amount of weight. Eating correctly and often keeps your body from going into starvation. Loosing weight is easy... The formula easy... garbage in, garbage out... and making the necessary caloric adjustments for any exercise in between. People need to stop setting GOALS. YES I SAID IT....SETTING GOALS ARE STUPID. What happens 90% of the time when you get to a goal....YOU QUIT WHEN YOU ACHIEVE IT.. Being healthy is A LIFE STYLE. For those of us who do not have the genetics for it and have to constantly work at it... Being thin for us is a complete life style change.
    Do you know why people gain wait from eating out????? Because of all the **** that the FDA has been feeding us for YEARS....Yes... I said it.. it's not a conspiracy... Its fact! Why is it that in the early 40-50-60's it was healthy to eat bread? Why because MAN had not touched it...and what I mean by touched it is Genetically Engineering it to produce more crop.... Did you people know that the WHEAT plant has about 53 extra chromosomes that GOD (or the maker of the heavens and earth is - who ever that person is to you) did not intend for our body's to process...These are called SYNTHETICS. They are items that are synthesized and are not naturally produced.. for ie... all food that is processed.... canned beans,corn . . . everything. The body up digesting these synthetics CAN NOT process these items efficiently and what happens is you body starts concentrating all its efforts in trying to process that food.. What does that do... Makes you gain weight because it's expending all it's energy trying to rid of the **** you put into it... Why is it that all athlete or models or fitness guru's eat healthy... Because they know this... If you people really want to loose weight... Stop eating out and start making your own meals from food that you get from farmers markets etc... you want food that doesn't have all the junk in it... If you just changed that. . . .. .JUST YOUR FOOD.... you will loose weight... YOU DON'T HAVE TO WORK OUT TO LOOSE WEIGHT...YES I SAID IT....all trainers try to do is make $$$$$$ off us by feeding us **** about how important working out is... IT'S BULL****.... YES I SAID IT BULL****! the real formula for having the model physique and being cut is 90% DIET 10% EXCESSIVE!.......

Sam

aliens-meme.jpg

I fixed most of your grammar errors. I understand your frustration but please CALM DOWN before you start typing, or you'll look stupid.

I understand your frustration with spelling mistakes but the one and most annoyingly common spelling mistake that you missed - that I see way too often is "loose" when it should be "lose".
    Not I!
    I want to lose weight!!

Ketosis
    and lose not loose.
    cal not car
    weight not wait

just sayin'

With respect to the person who originally corrected Sam's grammar, who actually has time to grammar-proof a stranger's rant on a message board?

AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT!
  • MsEndomorph
    MsEndomorph Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm still confused.

Can someone explain to me what the OP's "secret" is? All I'm getting is chicken curry and a 30 minute walk...

Every day for the rest of your life.

e1aff38f-df1b-4fad-a4fa-7d04570d3754_zps0665a4c8.jpg

null-3.jpg

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I'd never get the smell out of my hair!
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options

Sam

aliens-meme.jpg

Not I!
    I want to lose weight!!

Ketosis
    and lose not loose.
    cal not car
    weight not wait

just sayin'

With respect to the person who originally corrected Sam's grammar, who actually has time to grammar-proof a stranger's rant on a message board?

I wonder what the grammar police aren't good at in life, because everyone has something they don't excel at. Would grammar watchers like to have their mistakes pointed out publicly? I don't think so!
  • Bootjockey
    Bootjockey Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I think I understand what you're trying to say, why you're saying it. But, you aren't really explaining what you're saying.

While I can read between the lines and see what you're saying, and, if I understand you right, I (mostly) agree, your post lacks specifics, methodology, and lacks enough information to help anyone learn from what you say you've learned.

I myself struggled to lose my last 50-60 pounds, but once I had a solid calorie number per day, I was able to add calories back into my diet (800/day), I lost my last 50-60 pounds. So, like I say, I understand what you're saying.

Do you care to share your point of view, with more facts/observations, and less flourish?

-David / BootJockey
    -257lbs
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    does it matter what type of curry sauce you get??
  • rogerbosch
    Options

Sam

aliens-meme.jpg

Not I!
    I want to lose weight!!

Ketosis
    and lose not loose.
    cal not car
    weight not wait

just sayin'

I wonder what the grammar police aren't good at in life, because everyone has something they don't excel at. Would grammar watchers like to have their mistakes pointed out publicly? I don't think so!

My grandpa was such a grammar watcher. I never knew until I once caught him red-handed. Apparently he hadn’t noticed me walking in, too occupied by correcting someone’s comment on a post about monasteries in Cambodia. I asked what he was doing. Oh, he said, I’m just making sure there are no mistakes in this person’s comment. So I told him that wasn’t what he was doing - what he was doing was jacking someone’s post.

He thought jacking was a dance technique.

I informed him it wasn’t. I also told him it wasn’t about his hairstyle as in what some people say when they are talking about Jacking it to Jesus, when they actually mean that the higher your hair is, the closer you are to God.

Anyhow, catching him in the act of jacking made him feel very guilty and he swore he would never correct somebody else’s grammar no more (I said that ‘never no more’ was a grammatical mistake in itself, but that there was nothing against correcting gramma, which on his turn he thought was a lame remark)...

Too bad he’s with the angels now, my grandpa - although I’m not sure since he was a devout Buddhist.