For some of those who responded to "super serious question"

Options

Replies

• whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    My starting weight was 210. I lost 60 lbs and I have NO sagging skin anywhere on my body. None. Just do it slow, work out and lift weights. As long as you take your time and get fit int he process, you should be ok. :)

Bada bing. Bada boom.

This, a thousand times this.

How YOU two doin'?
  • scottaworley
    scottaworley Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    beatingadeadhorse.gif
  • whierd
    Options

http://blogs.webmd.com/pamela-peeke-md/2009/07/stop-starving-yourselves.html

and here's some legit advice, because my fitness pal is not a medical site.

I also posted several other links.

"Starvation mode" is nothing more than your body's metabolism slowing down a bit after an extended period of a VLCD, becoming more efficient at utilizing the calories that you DO consume. Your body doesn't enter it overnight.

obviously, because it took me 3 years to enter starvation mode, but i guess its just a myth right? how else would i be over weight if i barley eat???? other than the most recent pregnancy which is responsible for 20-something of the 70 pounds i have to loose. i didn't get fat eating air. . .

If you have been undereating for 3 years and have no medical issues, then you would NOT be overweight.

And exactly, you didn't get fat eating air, so you must be mistaken about your calorie consumption.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Whenever you finish with the childish antics, you might consider sending some apologies and FRs to some of the many people you've insulted in your barrage of threads, since you claim to actually be looking for sound advice from successful people. But you might want to consider the possibility that you don't know everything about weight loss yet and that other people might know more than you. Quite frankly, if you already knew everything about weight loss, you wouldn't be overweight.
    tumblr_mopzhzbdra1squcpjo1_250.gif
  • scottaworley
    Options

"Starvation mode" is nothing more than your body's metabolism slowing down a bit after an extended period of a VLCD, becoming more efficient at utilizing the calories that you DO consume. Your body doesn't enter it overnight.

obviously, because it took me 3 years to enter starvation mode, but i guess its just a myth right? how else would i be over weight if i barley eat???? other than the most recent pregnancy which is responsible for 20-something of the 70 pounds i have to loose. i didn't get fat eating air. . .

If you have been undereating for 3 years and have no medical issues, then you would NOT be overweight.

And exactly, you didn't get fat eating air, so you must be mistaken about your calorie consumption.

LOL Africans who are truly starving are all fat though.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    You are not in the mythical starvation mode. You are not 70 lbs overweight and in any kind of starvation anything. You would need to be eating less than 500 calories a day for 6 months or more to even come close to something that could be described as starvation mode and by that point your body would have started consuming it's lean body mass for survival. You are not there or even close. Have you seen photos of people in concentration camps, starving people in Third World countries? When you look in the mirror is that what you see?

I realize you are craving attention for some reason and getting a lot of it here. I hope it is fulfilling whatever empty place it is that you need to fill.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    Whenever you finish with the childish antics, you might consider sending some apologies and FRs to some of the many people you've insulted in your barrage of threads, since you claim to actually be looking for sound advice from successful people. But you might want to consider the possibility that you don't know everything about weight loss yet and that other people might know more than you. Quite frankly, if you already knew everything about weight loss, you wouldn't be overweight.
  • whierd
    Options

This.
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Options

If I were you, I would suspect a thyroid issue or something like PCOS... or just general denial of how calorie dense the foods I was consuming actually are or an extreme underestimation of how much I was actually eating or not really understanding my caloric needs long before I would assume that at 70lbs overweight I was in starvation mode.
  • royalty819
    royalty819 Posts: 145 Member
    Options

ACTUALLY, they were rude first. . .I am only defending myself. I'm 20, you're 30, and responding to me. But I am childish?

:noway:
  • Kasmira0004
    Kasmira0004 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    You are not in the mythical starvation mode. You are not 70 lbs overweight and in any kind of starvation anything. You would need to be eating less than 500 calories a day for 6 months or more to even come close to something that could be described as starvation mode and by that point your body would have started consuming it's lean body mass for survival. You are not there or even close. Have you seen photos of people in concentration camps, starving people in Third World countries? When you look in the mirror is that what you see?

I realize you are craving attention for some reason and getting a lot of it here. I hope it is fulfilling whatever empty place it is that you need to fill.

....This too.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

ACTUALLY, they were rude first. . .I am only defending myself. I'm 20, you're 30, and responding to me. But I am childish?

pretty much
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Will there be a sequel to this titled "For some of those who responded to For some of those who responded to "super serious question"" ? I can hardly wait. I'm super serious.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    You really had to post the same thread twice?
  • royalty819
    Options

If I were you, I would suspect a thyroid issue or something like PCOS... or just general denial of how calorie dense the foods I was consuming actually are or an extreme underestimation of how much I was actually eating or not really understanding my caloric needs long before I would assume that at 70lbs overweight I was in starvation mode.

I doubt its an extreme underestimation. I just ate for the first time today at 8 pm

not sure about thyroid, i dont think i have it. but then again, I'm no doctor, and never brought it up to a doctor.

i dont even know what pcos is, i am google-ing it now
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options

Ok, I'm 55 and I say you are being childish and attention seeking. Ever hear of turn the other cheek? You only make yourself look worse by lashing out at anyone who disagrees with you.
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Options

I doubt its an extreme underestimation. I just ate for the first time today at 8 pm

not sure about thyroid, i dont think i have it. but then again, I'm no doctor, and never brought it up to a doctor.

What does the time you eat have to do with anything? I didn't eat until almost 8pm and I consumed about 1700 calories.

Edited to crop out obnoxiously long quote... and to add... of course you immediately jumped to the medical conditions I threw out there rather than the issues revolving around accountability and self control. I think we have found the underlying issue.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    But I am childish?

Well, yes.
  • royalty819
    Options

Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is one of the most common female endocrine disorders. PCOS is a complex, heterogeneous disorder of uncertain etiology, but there is strong evidence that it can, to a large degree, be classified as a genetic disease.[1][2][3]

PCOS produces symptoms in approximately 5% to 10% of women of reproductive age (12–45 years old). It is thought to be one of the leading causes of female subfertility[4][5][6] and the most frequent endocrine problem in women of reproductive age.[7]

The principal features are anovulation, resulting in irregular menstruation, amenorrhea, ovulation-related infertility, and polycystic ovaries; excessive amounts or effects of androgenic (masculinizing) hormones, resulting in acne and hirsutism; and insulin resistance, often associated with obesity, Type 2 diabetes, and high cholesterol levels.[8] The symptoms and severity of the syndrome vary greatly among affected women.

this looks like a possibility. . .

maybe i should check with my doctor. considering i just had an ectopic pregnancy, obesity, and acne, and my cholesterol was a tad bit high. . .

who would have guessed i would have learned something new tonight.
  • scottaworley
    Options

Congratulations. You've sort of discovered IF.... or just being a parent. Some days I don't eat till 9.
    You do have a thyroid. Go to a doctor and ask about a thyroid disorder. It requires a blood test, so if you can't stand blood than it's probably better to just whine about it.
    PCOS is polycystic ovary syndrome. I'm a man and I know that....
    SMH
This discussion has been closed.