Replies

• debbash68
    debbash68 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    This is a class thread I've been heartily lolling
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options

who would have guessed i would have learned something new tonight.

You should have learned quite a bit tonight. :flowerforyou:
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Never mind.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i'm very upset that it took this long for the following image to appear.

super-cereal-lool.jpg
  • royalty819
    royalty819 Posts: 145 Member
    Options

http://blogs.webmd.com/pamela-peeke-md/2009/07/stop-starving-yourselves.html

and here's some legit advice, because my fitness pal is not a medical site.

I also posted several other links.

"Starvation mode" is nothing more than your body's metabolism slowing down a bit after an extended period of a VLCD, becoming more efficient at utilizing the calories that you DO consume. Your body doesn't enter it overnight.

obviously, because it took me 3 years to enter starvation mode, but i guess its just a myth right? how else would i be over weight if i barley eat???? other than the most recent pregnancy which is responsible for 20-something of the 70 pounds i have to loose. i didn't get fat eating air. . .

If I were you, I would suspect a thyroid issue or something like PCOS... or just general denial of how calorie dense the foods I was consuming actually are or an extreme underestimation of how much I was actually eating or not really understanding my caloric needs long before I would assume that at 70lbs overweight I was in starvation mode.

I doubt its an extreme underestimation. I just ate for the first time today at 8 pm

not sure about thyroid, i dont think i have it. but then again, I'm no doctor, and never brought it up to a doctor.

i dont even know what pcos is, i am google-ing it now

What does the time you eat have to do with anything? I didn't eat until almost 8pm and I consumed about 1700 calories.

I ate a salad, with balsamic vineger, and one cup of pasta, and you are more than welcome to check my food diary on my profile for the past few days.
  • scottaworley
    scottaworley Posts: 871 Member
    Options

http://blogs.webmd.com/pamela-peeke-md/2009/07/stop-starving-yourselves.html

and here's some legit advice, because my fitness pal is not a medical site.

I also posted several other links.

"Starvation mode" is nothing more than your body's metabolism slowing down a bit after an extended period of a VLCD, becoming more efficient at utilizing the calories that you DO consume. Your body doesn't enter it overnight.

obviously, because it took me 3 years to enter starvation mode, but i guess its just a myth right? how else would i be over weight if i barley eat???? other than the most recent pregnancy which is responsible for 20-something of the 70 pounds i have to loose. i didn't get fat eating air. . .

If I were you, I would suspect a thyroid issue or something like PCOS... or just general denial of how calorie dense the foods I was consuming actually are or an extreme underestimation of how much I was actually eating or not really understanding my caloric needs long before I would assume that at 70lbs overweight I was in starvation mode.

I doubt its an extreme underestimation. I just ate for the first time today at 8 pm

not sure about thyroid, i dont think i have it. but then again, I'm no doctor, and never brought it up to a doctor.

What does the time you eat have to do with anything? I didn't eat until almost 8pm and I consumed about 1700 calories.

I ate a salad, with balsamic vineger, and one cup of pasta, and you are more than welcome to check my food diary on my profile for the past few days.

Why are you bragging about having an ED?
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Whenever you finish with the childish antics, you might consider sending some apologies and FRs to some of the many people you've insulted in your barrage of threads, since you claim to actually be looking for sound advice from successful people. But you might want to consider the possibility that you don't know everything about weight loss yet and that other people might know more than you. Quite frankly, if you already knew everything about weight loss, you wouldn't be overweight.

ACTUALLY, they were rude first. . .I am only defending myself. I'm 20, you're 30, and responding to me. But I am childish?

:noway:

That's exactly what I'm saying.

Perhaps you missed it, but I offered you a way out of this embarrassing cluster****. Just stop now, stop defending yourself against imaginary bullies, and get real with yourself and your plan to tackle your weight. I told you yesterday I thought the whole thing read as an excuse to not lose the weight, I now suspect that this lashing out is the same thing. You'll quit MFP because the bullies attacked you, say MFP is horrible. Just turn this ship around right now. Apologize, ask for help, don't lash out at people who try and help you. This community will take you back and help you get on the right track.
  • royalty819
    Options

Edited to crop out obnoxiously long quote... and to add... of course you immediately jumped to the medical conditions I threw out there rather than the issues revolving around accountability and self control. I think we have found the underlying issue.

Quoting myself because I edited it long after people responded.

you suggested it, not me...

would i like to have a medical condition? uh,no. i said possibility, not definitely. Ive already stated i am over weight because of my eating habit.
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing everything you eat? That is the only way to ensure that you're logging accurately. Eyeballing it can lead to a gross underestimation of calories consumed. Are you logging every single day? Or do you not like to see the days you overeat so you don't log? If you're not logging consistently or truthfully there is no way to tell if you are actually in a caloric deficit.
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    who would have guessed i would have learned something new tonight.

Not me. But now that the impossible has occurred I'm leaving this thread on a hopeful, if fictional, note. Thanks for the window into another world OP and good luck.
  • Lld320
    Lld320 Posts: 81
    Options
    Dear OP,
    I hate how dismissive you are to the process of losing weight. You act like because you've made the decision to do it all of a sudden 100 lbs are going to drop off and you're going to be left with loose skin all over the place. What you're talking about doing isn't easy and takes months and months of dedication and hard work.
    If you want to lose weight read the forums and learn, if you don't then go away and stop demeaning the process that others are struggling through on a daily basis saying they're going to look "gross" according to your preconceived notion of attractiveness because they are trying to become healthy.
    Healthy weight loss is a positive thing no matter what your opinion is and I don't want your bad attitude potentially turning someone else off or giving them an excuse not to lose weight and live a healthier life.

If I was you I'd be more worried about your boyfriend finding you unattractive because of your personality, not your looks. And for the sake of humanity please do not reproduce any more.

Have you received enough attention yet to leave it alone or do you always have to get the last word in?
  • Kasmira0004
    Kasmira0004 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Whenever you finish with the childish antics, you might consider sending some apologies and FRs to some of the many people you've insulted in your barrage of threads, since you claim to actually be looking for sound advice from successful people. But you might want to consider the possibility that you don't know everything about weight loss yet and that other people might know more than you. Quite frankly, if you already knew everything about weight loss, you wouldn't be overweight.

ACTUALLY, they were rude first. . .I am only defending myself. I'm 20, you're 30, and responding to me. But I am childish?

Perhaps you missed it, but I offered you a way out of this embarrassing cluster****. Just stop now, stop defending yourself against imaginary bullies, and get real with yourself and your plan to tackle your weight. I told you yesterday I thought the whole thing read as an excuse to not lose the weight, I now suspect that this lashing out is the same thing. You'll quit MFP because the bullies attacked you, say MFP is horrible. Just turn this ship around right now. Apologize, ask for help, don't lash out at people who try and help you. This community will take you back and help you get on the right track.

I read this using Dr. Phil's voice. Thank you. :)
  • royalty819
    Options

ummmmmm why would i delete my profile???
    its going to take more than this....

but you are entitled to feel how you feel, but i am not apologizing, as i am not the only one in the wrong. And no excuses. if i wanted excuses, i wouldn't have even signed up for this site. I am an adult, i chose to begin loosing weight, this isn't something i am being forced to do. why would i do something i didnt want to do?
  • debbash68
    debbash68 Posts: 981 Member
    Options

Perhaps you missed it, but I offered you a way out of this embarrassing cluster****.
    I think the op needs an air hostess to show her the exits!
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    In
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

ummmmmm why would i delete my profile???
    its going to take more than this....

but you are entitled to feel how you feel, but i am not apologizing, as i am not the only one in the wrong. And no excuses. if i wanted excuses, i wouldn't have even signed up for this site. I am an adult, i chose to begin loosing weight, this isn't something i am being forced to do. why would i do something i didnt want to do?

I'm done here. Good luck to you.
  • royalty819
    Options
    Dear OP,
    I hate how dismissive you are to the process of losing weight. You act like because you've made the decision to do it all of a sudden 100 lbs are going to drop off and you're going to be left with loose skin all over the place. What you're talking about doing isn't easy and takes months and months of dedication and hard work.
    If you want to lose weight read the forums and learn, if you don't then go away and stop demeaning the process that others are struggling through on a daily basis saying they're going to look "gross" according to your preconceived notion of attractiveness because they are trying to become healthy.
    Healthy weight loss is a positive thing no matter what your opinion is and I don't want your bad attitude potentially turning someone else off or giving them an excuse not to lose weight and live a healthier life.

If I was you I'd be more worried about your boyfriend finding you unattractive because of your personality, not your looks. And for the sake of humanity please do not reproduce any more.

Have you received enough attention yet to leave it alone or do you always have to get the last word in?

EXCUSE ME??? first of all hes a HUSBAND, not a boyfriend.

and HOW DARE YOU bring my daughter into this! she has nothing to do with this at all! you are a low life, punk *kitten*, childish little boy for that statement. i can't believe you even thought that was okay to post! A child is innocent and you have no buisness slandering her!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    Dear OP,

duuude, yes!!! perfect!!!

OP thinks that just because she decided she wanted to lose weight, it would all come off in two weeks and she'd be left looking like "a pile of soggy mudcakes."
  • JellyBeanQueen86
    Options
    :indifferent: wth did i just read.... I've wasted sooooo much time reading this...

Why is this thread still here 8 pages later and not locked??

and i just checked out your diary... seriously? are you logging properly?? or just forgetting? because the highest ive seen is approx 900cal... that is NOT good. eat more!
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Not everyone is going to be successful. That takes an honest assessment of where you are and where you want to be, determination, and hard work. So either you do or don't. It's your life. It honestly makes no difference to anyone else. Best of luck. :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.