*THANKSGIVING WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE*

Options

Replies

• JodieHut
    JodieHut Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I have not weighed in this week and think I have not lost anything but haven't gained. I will check in on Wednesday. I have been so sidetracked. I have not been exercising like I was initially when I signed on to this sight. My daughter was sick last week. I have got to get on it. Where does the motivation go?

Hey Nikki... unfortunately, it's very easy to get sidetracked. For me, I must keep my weight loss and health goals in the forefront of my thoughts constantly. Whenever life gets busy and hectic my thoughts get diverted away from myself. I'm a food addict, so if I'm not paying attention, I grab a cookie! I've also learned that it takes a lot more than motivation..... it takes commitment. No weight loss program will work if you aren't committed to it. When I first heard that statement, I literally took several days to think about what it meant to be committed. When I found my answer, my outlook changed. I've been far from the perfect 'dieter' since then, but I am still committed.
  • Luvtwisted
    Options
    Hello! I'm new and I really want to be involved in the challenge :happy:

Right now I weigh around 180 and I would like to lose 15lbs by Thanksgiving...
  • sandra80
    sandra80 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    well i missed the wednesday weigh in but i'm at 263 now. so that's 2 down.
  • melodys_attic
    melodys_attic Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Ugh. I missed Wednesday too. So sorry Jodie!

Start Weight 190
    Goal Weight 150
    Wednesday Weight 188 (I actually weigh in on Sundays so I'm good on the weekends)
    Thanksgiving Weight loss goal 15 pounds.... 13 to go.

I haven't had a great week this week. How quickly I lose that newbie oomph!

Thanks for being out there all of you. I am determined to lose this weight because it actually hurts my feet to carry this much of me around and I feel so ugly. Eating even a little better I feel better about myself already.

2040688.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • ypena78
    ypena78 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Sorry I am 3 days late on posting my weight guys
    my weight is 238.6
  • ljps
    ljps Posts: 9
    Options
    Sorry I'm late. It's been a week full of medical tests and reality checks for me. I realized I am pretty much a compulsive overeater. I acually admitted it to a doctor who is now working with me. Just weighed today and am down to 262.2. I'm just thrilled the scale moved..........guess it will when you actually stay on plan!:smile:
  • jessbronson
    Options
    My current weight is 162.4! I've lost a few pounds. Yay for me! Hopefully I can keep it up!
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Ack thank you for reminding me! I have been having some scale issues. I had to return the WW basic scale I got from BBB yesterday. When I weighed in last week the scale gave me different weights every time I stepped on it ... grrrr. I got an old fashioned Analog scale.

I haven't lost any more weight ... stuck at 175. Hopefully this week will prove different!
  • shnnd19
    shnnd19 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I totally forgot to put a post on Wed... I lost 2lbs since last week, current wt 198.2, almost to my sept goal.....
  • JodieHut
    Options
    I totally forgot to put a post on Wed... I lost 2lbs since last week, current wt 198.2, almost to my sept goal.....

Wow.... congrats on reaching ONE-derland!! That calls for a celebration!!!!:bigsmile:

Thanks to everyone for getting their weigh-in posted..... I warned you I'd come looking if you didnt!! LOL. I still have a few more challengers to track down!

Hope everyone is having a terrific weekend!

Jodie
  • squishyjenn
    squishyjenn Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    okay- newbie here too

Start Weight: 285
    Current Weight: 284 (official weigh-in until Tuesday)
    Goal Weight for Thanksgiving: 260
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    As an aside: I will also be getting another digital scale in addition to the analog one I bought (in order to find out the ounces I have lost if the case may be). At lest this way I have both as a proof source for me. That comes in on Tuesday so I will have it on Wednesday. I am going to change my weigh in's from Thursday to Wednesday for this challenge
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    It's been kind of crazy here this past week. Besides getting the baby's room ready for him and rearranging the rooms upstairs, our refrigerator decided to go! So, food the past 3 or 4 days has not been the best as we have had to use up what we had and haven't bought any fresh foods. Got a new(er) one yesterday and I can't wait to get to the store for some fresh fruits and veggies!
    I sure hope the foods from the past few days weren't too bad--there were quite a few things that the others buy that I don't normally eat. I kept portions in control but I am sure the sodium was sky-high! Lots and lots of water for me! (New fridge has water and ice in the door--should make the water part easier!)
    Everyone seems to be doing well and not giving up. That's the key--to have a bad meal, day, or even a few days and still get right back to your healthy eating habits.
    Have a wonderful day, everyone!
  • diet45
    diet45 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I saw that you wanted us to post on Wednesdays, so disregard my post that I'll post on Fridays. I'll post Wednesday. I hope everyone has a great week and lots of losses!!!
  • keldine
    Options
    Here is my missed post for last wednesday; 157( i gained 0.8lbs). That was due to a few bad eating choices, however this week is much better and i will be posting this coming wednesday. Good luck to everyone and keep up the good work!!
  • glasielady
    glasielady Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    The weekend started out pretty good, yesterday there was a Zumba party on the downtown square with zumba instructors from the YMCA and 2 or 3 fitness centers in town. I zumba for about 2 hours so I had a great workout yesterday. Todat started out OK but it went down hill from there. First I had 5 Snickerdoodle cookies which I didn't realize that there was 120 calories per cookie so that was a 600 calorie snack. After I had the cookies I was invited out to a Japanese Steak House for lunch, I should have declined the invitation since I've already consumed 600 empty calories, but nope not me. There isn't to many things at a Japanese Steak House that's low cal. After I got through with lunch (yes I had the fried rice instead of steamed) I came home and figured out how many calories I did consume at the restaurant, well just let me say I'm 500+ over my calories for the day. Needless to say I shouldn't have dinner; however, I can't see I won't have something, maybe some rabbit food LOL. If I don't say any weight lost on Wed I'll know why. I hope everyone had a great weekend.
  • sjyates
    sjyates Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    So what are we down to. . .9 1/2 weeks until Thanksgiving?? That just seems too close - this year has flown by. Just wanted to let everyone know that I hope it has been a good week so far and weigh-in is looming just a few days away! Best of luck to you all!
  • hplvt
    hplvt Posts: 62
    Options
    I missed weigh in last week, but I think the scale was off, it said I lost 7 pounds (!) I did not log that weight, because as much as I want it to be true, the mirror and jeans did not agree! It was just not possible, so I am going to see what this Wednesday has to say!
  • JodieHut
    Options
    Happy Monday Challengers!!!

Yep, only 9 1/2 weeks til Thanksgiving! I just love this time of year. So many beautiful colors everywhere!

@glasielady..... I absoluteley love Zumba!! When I go 'home' to western NY (two or three times a year) I go to the class at the Y there, but I dont like the class here where I live. I've tried the dvd's, but its so much more fun in person!

Idea:tongue: .... since this is a Thanksgiving Challenge.... if anyone has any healthy recipes/ideas for Thanksgiving please share!!

Jodie
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    Got my new scale a day early so I am all set for Wednesday. I also told all MFP friends that I was changing my weigh in date lest they think I have become scale obsessed ...

Jodie ... we should also make a "day after Turkey day" weigh IN LOL