My Boyfriend thinks I'm Fat

Options

Replies

• lraien
    lraien Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    If you were legitimately overweight and like 40 pounds heavier than when you got together, I would say he had a valid point but what you've described just sounds like a tool. You're better off ending it now.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I think my husband is old. I mean, he's 45. He could work out more. And load the dishwasher.

But, seriously? The issue is what *you* think. If *you* think you're unfit and you want to do something about it, then more power to you. Him thinking you're fat is HIS problem that HE needs to resolve. And he needs to do it without hurt you too.
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    I agree. I think he in manifesting his insecurities regarding his small genitalia by focusing on an unrealistic idea that you are not up to par, which in turn may help him feel better about himself... he has small genitals, your chubby... obviously a match made in heaven...

CAN YOU IMAGINE WHAT YOUR FUTURE LOOKS LIKE WITH AN *kitten* LIKE HIM?
  • scottjoh
    scottjoh Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Yes the guy is a jerk, but why tell him your weight in the first place. Does he make you weigh in every day? On a similar note to all women: Don't ask a man if something you are wearing makes you look fat it you aren't prepared for the truth. If you want a lie then you shouldn't ask.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    troll post

^
    ^
    this ...... hope so ..... or else someone needs to get a backbone :drinker:
  • downinaggieland98
    downinaggieland98 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I'm usually not the one to say dump him, but ... dump him.

Thankfully you aren't married to him, and you don't have to put up with that. If he has no problems being rude to you about that, what else is he telling you? He doesn't deserve you... find someone who does!
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    DTMFA
  • smayo79
    smayo79 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Girl..Do yourself a favor and dump him. If he likes skinner girls the tell him to find some. I wish I weighted what you do! Don't like anyone strip your self esteem! There is someone out there that will love for you, better or for worst!
  • dejesus4
    dejesus4 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    If he is truly the one he will love you fat or skinny. Dump his butt.
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Just break up.
  • tmptina
    tmptina Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :smokin:
    Lol get rid of his sorry butt before he feeds you more BS that you will get stuck in your mind and think about constantly.

Seems like a real loser if you ask me. Guys really say these things to their girlfriends?!

So glad I'm dating a real man.
  • downinaggieland98
    downinaggieland98 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I think my husband is old. I mean, he's 45.

lol... 45 is old? wow.
  • jlahorn
    jlahorn Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I had the same exact situation when I was in my early 20s. Same heights, same weights, same boyfriend preception. Here's the thing: I looked great at all of those weights. At 135, I was starting to look a little angular. At 145, more on the luscious side ;) My favorite photo of myself ever was at 145. It was actually from the night I met that boyfriend. Somehow, I was thin enough the night we met, but 6 months in, he thought I should lose weight. It was kind of bizarre.

We went to couples therapy briefly after he cheated on me. In a one-on-one session, I shared with the counselor that my boyfriend thought I was fat. She walked over, took me by the shoulders, looked me in the eyes, and said "You are NOT fat." I needed that so much - I had started to believe him, which was ridiculous. it was doing terrible things to my self esteem. (Well, that and the infidelity, you know ;)

I am not saying that your bf is the same as my ex (if he is, DTMFA). I AM saying that he should eff off about your weight. You are FINE.
  • 42hockeymom
    42hockeymom Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Yes, lose weight! Lose the 175 lbs he weighs!

I have been heavier than I am now, and I've weighed less. And NEVER has my husband EVER said a word about my weight.

I'm going to take a stab in the dark here and guess that he's criticized other things about you also? Yeah, no, that's not what you need in life, especially in a partner. A partner supports you no matter what.

ETA: I've been married for over 26 years.
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    It kind of depends if he is bringing it up a lot, or if he is being honest with you when you ask him about your weight. If he is making a big deal about it, that is a problem. My husband thinks I'm sexy at whatever weight (up to a point, I'm sure), but I know he likes me a lot better at my current weight, and he would be honest if I asked him if I needed to lose weight.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options

lol... 45 is old? wow.

I'm 41. I married him when he was a hot 31 year old.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Try harder. Troll posts are supposed to be believable enough to get people hooked. I am not hooked ergo this troll attempt sucks.
  • KimJohnsonsmile
    KimJohnsonsmile Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    That fact that you're even questioning it speaks volumes. What would you say to one of your girlfriends or sister or daughter if they came to you with that question? 145 vs 135? That's not obese and it's not overweight at your height. Sounds like you need to work on your self-esteem and find a partner that supports you, not one that brings you down and makes you question yourself.
  • sizzle74
    sizzle74 Posts: 858 Member
    Options

lol... 45 is old? wow.

I'm 41. I married him when he was a hot 31 year old.

LOL....hate to tell ya, then you're old too.
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Just break up.