Replies

• Sylvitryinghard
    Sylvitryinghard Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Richard Grieco in Bangkok. was cool.
  • Sylvitryinghard
    Sylvitryinghard Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    oh and 2 famous DJ´s (Charly Lownoise and Mental Theo - wonderful days) my friend and I went clubbing and somehow I cant remember we ended up driving around with them and stuff. had lots of fun. but it was sooo obvious what they wanted and we were like naaaaaaaah thanks
  • RebekahR84
    RebekahR84 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Richard Seymour when he was with the Patriots, I managed a sandwich shop in MA, he was a real quiet dude, tried to be unassuming, but it's tough to not be noticed at 6'6" 300+.

At the same shop I had Adam Viniatieri as a regular customer, as he lived around the block from the shop. Really cool guy, he loved the fact that we went out of our way not to call attention to him if the shop was crowded, but he'd hang out and chat for awhile if nobody else was there.

Also met an assortment of pro wrestlers over the years. Rob Van Dam, Booker T, Jerry Lawler, Eddie Guerrero, Kane, Edge, Christian, Lita, and others.

I've never really understood the big deal of meeting celebrities. They're just people. Some of them are awesome to chat with, some of then are *kitten*, just like everybody else you meet in life.

I don't think it's a big deal. It's just cool and different. If you didn't think that, you probably wouldn't be able to list all the ones YOU'VE met.
  • EricJonrosh
    EricJonrosh Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Talked to a sitting President on the phone.
    O.J. Simpson's autograph in a restaurant.
    Talked to Gene Simmons on the phone.
    Met a few others, half were dooshy, half cool.
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    My son was once seated next to Pee wee herman on a flight (in first class). (Son was flying with his then-step father). My then-husband was oh-so-excited but neither son nor i had a clue who Pee Wee herman was...
  • dsalveson
    dsalveson Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I used to live in Malibu and would see famous people around town and they were always really laid back and normal, but anyone I've seen at the airport or touristy places are way more diva haha
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I met Jimmy Saville - tv host : When I got "fixed" on the " Jim'll fix it " tv show aged 8 (fortunately I didn't get touched as he's since turned out to be a pedophile).

Paul Daniels 80's - tv magician (son :laugh: ) when I was 7 on a pants holiday in the Isle of White.

Gazza (oh dear god! chicken & a fishing rod anyone) many times as a kid (my dad was financial secretary of NUFC)
    Gary Lineker
    Kevin Kegan

& many many cricketers Aussie & Brit ( dad was also a cricket rep for a few years)

I hated sports as a kid! :bigsmile:
  • lj8576
    lj8576 Posts: 156
    Options
    Larry "Bud" Melman (not too famous but a funny guy), Lou Ferrigno He was really cool but his wife, not so much. She pulled a "do you know who we are" and I said yes and sent them to tha end of the line. Yes I sent the Hulk to the back of the line.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I met David Boreanaz back when "Buffy" was fairly new. It was a meet and greet at a charity thing.

Oooo.... I'd love to meet him!
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I've SEEN a lot of celebrities as I live in L.A. but the only ones I have actually interacted with was

Dennis Rodman (he was at a pool party in Vegas where I was). He was actually really friendly and funny

Jimmy Kimmel at one of his shows. Very funny and nice guy.

Snooki from Jersey shore. She was RUDE...but that wasn't very surprising. LOL

The guy that played Uncle Phil on Fresh Prince of Bel Air came to my high school because apparently we had gotten the most blood donations for red cross or something like that. He was nice.

and various cast members from Degrassi because I was obsessed in high school and followed them everywhere haha.

OH and Ryan Cabrera but he's not really relevant anymore lol and at the time I didn't even realize who he was even though I own his cd lol.
  • Quix82
    Quix82 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I've met:

The Moffatts and Serial Joe (If you are Canadian...you know)

Gillian Anderson (X-Files - she was kinda offish)
    Robert Englund (Freddy Krueger - really intelligent and friendly)
    Danielle Harris (little girl in Halloween and Annie in Rob Zombies Halloween's. SUPER FRIENDLY i wanna be her friend :sad: )
    Bill Mosesly (Chop Top in TCM2 or ya'll will probably know him as Otis in House of 1000 Corpses/Devil's Rejects very nice guy)
    Julie Benz (Dexter...she is gorgeous)

I've been around a bunch of famous people just never talked to them

Serial Joe?? There's a name I haven't heard in years.
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Terence Mckenna-The guy was like a trippy stick insect alien.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    I never got that excited about meeting famous people, but I got to meet and talk to Nelson Mandela because he knew my grandfather and that was kinda special cause the aura around him as a person was pretty amazing.

Now that is cool, Famous for the right reasons. #ThreadOver
  • danofthedead1979
    danofthedead1979 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    These aren't people I've met per se or spoken to but when I worked at the Tate Britain you would get a smattering of famous people in to look around, so I've been in the same room as

Margaret Thatcher - being a child of the 80's, I was quite awestruck
    Jude Law - a mate didn't know who he was and told him off for getting too close to a painting! Lol
    Sienna Miller - incredibly fit!
    The Streets (Mike Skinner)
    Melvyn Bragg
    Phil Jupitus - biggest guy I've ever seen in a massive purple suit
    Russell Brand
    I'm sure ive missed out some peeps, quite a long time ago
  • smantha32
    Options
    Talked to a sitting President on the phone.
    O.J. Simpson's autograph in a restaurant.
    Talked to Gene Simmons on the phone.
    Met a few others, half were dooshy, half cool.

I wanna hear the douchey stories. :smile:
  • smantha32
    Options
    My son was once seated next to Pee wee herman on a flight (in first class). (Son was flying with his then-step father). My then-husband was oh-so-excited but neither son nor i had a clue who Pee Wee herman was...

He was EPIC in the Buffy movie with Kristy Swanson. :smile:
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    I met Primus, Red Hot Chili Peppers & Stained-
  • marcimlarson
    Options
    I have glancingly-in passing- met so many, so i wont do that, just the 'one -on- ones': Chino Moreno, DEFTONES lead singer, once stopped a show at RockFest in Portland OR. because of seeing me getting battle weary from the stage crushed mosh pit. That was awesome, cuz he cares about respecting women in the front at his shows. Lots of respect for Chino <3 . Met Billy Corgan, lead singer od Smashing Pumpkins. He was tired and sick, ignored me, signed my copy of his poetry book, asked his assistant for a cup of chamomile tea, didnt acknowledge me even tho i thanked him for coming to Portland and let him know how much his music has touched my LIFE, i got nothing out of him. He stared thru me. oh well. he's human. It didnt effect my high esteem for him. Ok last one, i think i spotted Natasha Leone, lead actress from THE SLUMS OF BEVERLY HILLS film, and she was with a guy, both were wearing sunglasses but i recognized her hair. They were on the same bus as me, and acting 'inconspicuous', when celebrities wear sunglasses to hide in public, you can tell its them. Oh well. i didnt say hi, i just noticed them on the bus. THE END. Hope it was enthralling.
  • BearEssentials
    BearEssentials Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    ^ Phil Jupitus cut in front of me at a petrol station in East Finchley in his big silver Merc some years ago :(

Until about 6 months ago every other time I went into M&S (a supermarket) in Temple Fortune I seemed to see Liam Gallagher and Nicole Appleton. I guess even rockstars have to do the shopping with their wives? (that might ofc not be a problem anymore)

Have had lunch at a table next to Belinda Carlisle a couple of times too. 50+ and still incredibly attractive and always seemed very friendly and informal with the staff.
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options

He was EPIC in the Buffy movie with Kristy Swanson. :smile:
    really? that's funny. my son is (or at least - was) a buffy fan...