Have you ever met a famous person? What were they like

Options

Replies

• sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    I once talked to Catrinal Menghia a supermodel, actress and whatnot for like 20 mins. I managed to make her laugh a lot and she looked like she enjoyed my company. I got game!
  • autumnmctaggart
    autumnmctaggart Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am a chef so have met a few "t.v. Chefs"
    in my timeI spent a day with Jacque Pepin. What a lovely man

I have met Micheal Ruhlman, Ming Tsai and Todd English

I sat next to Andre Agassi in a bar and he was very nice. He is very little too!!!

I have cooked for Conan O'brien a few times, Dave Mathews, Kyle MacLachlan and A-Rod.
  • debbash68
    debbash68 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    Talked to a sitting President on the phone.
    O.J. Simpson's autograph in a restaurant.
    Talked to Gene Simmons on the phone.
    Met a few others, half were dooshy, half cool.

I wanna hear the douchey stories. :smile:
    Me too!
  • Tigermum9
    Tigermum9 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Marilyn manson...wierd guy
  • WalkingMermaid_
    WalkingMermaid_ Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I've met quite a few because I enjoy going to conventions etc. My fave celeb is Lucy Lawless (Xena) she is awesome and so damn hot :love:
  • Insathius
    Insathius Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Not sure about met, but I almost crashed into Russell Crowe once - I was cycling to work and his bodyguards flagged me down so he could ask me the best way into the city center lol.
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I've met many famous people. Met Ryan Seacrest just this past weekend at American Idol auditions lol

So, who were the judges??
  • vickyplum
    vickyplum Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I've also met a few but have to say the nicest was Jonathan Ross

He and his wife were at Blackpool Pleasure Beach and when I asked for a
    photo it was his wife that said she would take it, both were so nice and down to earth

V xxx
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    I met Ronald McDonald at a birthday party once. I was giddy (that could have been the half of a cake I ate though). He was a sweet guy. Made me a balloon giraffe.
  • griff7809
    griff7809 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I've met a few.

1. Mark Whalberg
    2. Eric Bana
    3. Taylor Kitcsh
    4. Ben Foster
    5. Alexander Ludwig
    6. Scott Elrod
    7. Peter Berg

Pics are in my profile. There were all very cool (some more than others). Peter Berg is probably my favorite celeb that I've met. He is very patriotic and down to earth...lives by the golden rule.
  • jconnon
    jconnon Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I parked Steve Nelson's car when I was a valet a while back and I saw Marvin Hagler in Somerville Lumber a long time ago.
  • KimINfortheWin
    KimINfortheWin Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I live outside Louisville KY where they have the Kentucky Derby. Lots of celebrities come to watch the races. We've seen Stallone, Kid Rock, Usher, Miranda Lambert, Smokey Robinson, etc, etc all from a distance. I haven't met any personally but I'm also not looking to.

None of the restaurant servers want to wait on Usher and his entourage'. Unlike a lot of other celebrities that pay decent tips to the servers (Kid Rock especially!), Usher well known for being extremely rude/condescending, racking up a huge bill and giving the servers $0 tip after 6-8 hours of really hard work.

Oh, I have met a few musicians. DOH.
    * John Ondrasik from Five for Fighting a few times
    * All members of Train
    * All members of Fuel
    * Gwen Stephani
    * All members of Bush
    * All members of Three Doors Down
    * Ozzie (or what was left of him)
    * Josh Kelley
    * Violent Femmes
    and some other bands that are pretty obscure to most people.
  • aimeewick
    aimeewick Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I introduced JaRule at his concert - he was pumped up and focused on the concert.

Talked to Michelle Branch for about an hour (at the same concert). SO sweet and kind.

Met all the members of Korn, Helmet, and Limp Bizkit. Pretty arrogant.

This year I met Hilary Clinton. Very professional and more put together than what she looks on tv.
  • stephc0711
    stephc0711 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    All musicians:
    Volbeat
    Cavo
    Adelita's Way (Amazingly sweet guys!!)
    Blake Shelton

ETA: Matt Brady from New Medicine

All were nice!
  • debbash68
    debbash68 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    This year I met Hilary Clinton. Very professional and more put together than what she looks on tv.
    [/quote]^^^^^ not me!
    I always thought she would be a bit more together, as no matter what your politics, I think it must be hard for women to get that far ahead in politics, and not use cigars!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,837 Member
    Options
    I worked at the Arizona Biltmore and met quite a few. They were mostly cool with a few that were kinda pretencious.
  • sarabreck
    sarabreck Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I met Kyle Gass (KG from Tenacious D) and made an utter fool of myself. He was really nice about it. Also met Tony La Russa, and he was extremely nice, and a great tipper.
  • Katrina_vw91
    Katrina_vw91 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I met John Cusack!

The movie Pushing Tin was filmed parts on my street (his house in the movie) and I live in the house across from the one they filmed in.

He came right up to my driveway and met my whole family! He was pretty nice, but his assistant or whoever she was kept shooing us off (on our own property...). So rude, but at least John Cusack was nice about it!

I also met the director, Mike Newell. He was actually the nicest one we met when they were filming. I was only 7 years old! (Don't mind the awkward 90s clothes!)

16h9t14.jpg

2ag97ie.jpg

154auxs.jpg

Once in a lifetime experience, thats for sure!
  • jc1229
    jc1229 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I met quite a few in my younger days as I was kind of like a groupie. Lol My two favorites that were super nice and down to earth were Mario Lopez and LL Cool J.
  • OperationSuperKAT
    OperationSuperKAT Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I met Renee Fleming, who is very famous in the opera world. She was so kind and gracious -- I even made her laugh!