Have you ever met a famous person? What were they like

Options

Replies

• OtchCake82
    Options
    I used to work at an airport so I met a few. Joe Flacco, LL Cool J, Flavor Flav, Gallagher, the Ting Tings, Richard Simmons and JC Chasez. All of them were very kind except JC - he was kind of rude... he could have just been having a bad day though. The nicest was Richard Simmons! He was awesome and very fun to talk to :)
  • Absonthebrain
    Absonthebrain Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Yes I met Pharrell Williams, and he was super nice and awesome..he is alomst the same height as me.!!! it was a great experience! :)
  • UnaMasMaas
    Options
    I met Joshua Bell at a meet-and-greet after one of his performances at the Kennedy Center in Washington, DC. The woman in line ahead of me drove down from New York City specifically to meet him, and then told him that he used to date one of her good friends. Apparently that relationship didn't work out too well, because when it was my turn to meet him, he was pissed off!
  • Susan_fessler
    Susan_fessler Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I tried to speak with Glenn Danzig at a Tower Records event once back in the early 1990's. He founded a punk band called the Misfits but was know to most people fpr a minor hit he had in the 90's with his band Danzig called Mother. He is probably not really considered a celebrity but I've invested this much into the post so far, so I am going for it.

We had no idea he was going to be there when we went to buy Rusted Root's new cd. We were pretty normal short haired guys surrounding by many pasty black-clad goth types.

So, Glenn jumps off the tour bus and immediately disappears behind the crowd. On TV he appears big and brawny, but in person he was tiny. Cute, even. Like a toddler in a vampire costume. Google says he is 5'4" but I seriously doubt it. He had some gigantic platform shoes. 5'1" at best.

He made his way toward the store right past us and I shoved out my hand and say "Dude!" He gave me an EXTRA evil look and stared me down as he passed. I suspect he was great to his fans but I apparently was a bit too square.

As not to strike too much fear into everyone, here is a picture of him doing more mundane things like buying cat litter. I presume it is to soak up blood and sweat when the Ouija seance takes an unfortunate turn.

Glenn+Danzig+Glenn+Danzig+Albuquerque+iL7icLiYogcl.jpg

How can you say Danzig is not a celebrity he started the MISFITS one of the best punk bands ever, but I guess it's like when we went to see Samhain (another band Danzig started) open for Danzig and everyone left after Samhain complaining that Danzig didn't sing any of his new stuff silly young'ns. I also saw him once at a comic book store in LA and really he is like 3 apples high. As for other famous people I have meet a few at cons and around Adrienne Barbeau is the sweetest lady you will ever meet. Michael Berryman is also very nice and likes to tell lots of stories. Triple H of wrestling fame total douch
  • chadraeder3
    Options
    I had lunch and a few conversations with WWE wrestler Kane aka Glenn Jacobs at a conference in New Hampshire, he is a very intelligent person and articulate. Other then that I have talked/ smoked with a few musicians but they were no one famous worldwide more like genre famous people at some festivals.
  • drefaw
    drefaw Posts: 739
    Options
    I have met most of the 80's hair and metal bands back in the day. Got to party with Scatterbrain and Ugly Kidd Joe twice. Partied with Dime once in Philly .....got to meet and hang with Metallica once. Most all of them(bands ect...) were pretty cool. Except, Axel is a fugin azz hat ..... Was into the whole band scene back then, all my friends were in bands, ect... I built a couple guitars for a few guitarists, ect ... did the whole Limelight, Hammer Jacks, Bonnies Roxx, The Galaxy, ect ... It was a very good time ....

Sweet. My band opened for Guns & Roses at the Troubador in LA before they were famous. They were really good. I was wondering why a label hadn't picked them up. Lol. I had kinda the same experiences. Good times.

I wish I could have met G&R before they got famous. I hear Axel was pretty cool back then ..... My buds GF worked for Hit Parader Mag. She got BSP and tics for every act that came through the upper east coast ....And I used to set up the sound for Pier 6 Brawl and SIc Vikki ... it was the best of times dude ....Did you know that Merritt Gant (of Overkill fame) started out in a band called Drastic Measures? They played Bonnies Roxx in NJ every weekend almost ....he was cool as heck .....
  • lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I met Mel Gibson when I was 15. At the time we were living in Palos Verdes, California, and my dad was City Manager there. If anyone is familiar with the Lethal Weapon movies, Mel's character lives in this trailer right on the beach. Those scenes were filmed in Palos Verdes, right next to City Hall. So we get invited to come down and watch them film a scene (remember the one in Lethal Weapon 2 when Mel's beach trailer gets shot up by bad guys in a helicopter?- that one). There was no acting in the scene, so who would think that Mel would be there? He was!!!! He shook all of our hands and picked up my little 10 year old brother and pretended like he was going to throw him off the cliff. He was so funny and nice and wonderful- nothing like he is described like nowadays. The other stars of the movie were there too (not Danny Glover, though), but I didn't know who they were until I saw the movie. Mel was dressed in his outfit from the movie, too. Funny.

I also saw Alice Cooper in an airport once- LAX I think.
  • Montarosa456
    Options
    I met Mr Bean (Rowan Atkinson) when he came to view a Aston Martin my grandpa brought from him and converted from coupé to convertible (this was in 1991) and although he did not buy the vehicle back he apparently sent a very nice case of wine to say thanks for the viewing/drive.
    Sadly as this was 1991 and I was 6 - I don't remember a thing about this, but apparently he pulled a face at me.
    I wish my story was more exciting
  • Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Brian McKnight...he was awesome!
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,798 Member
    Options
    I met Tony Hawk, John Rzeznik, Frank Caliendo (he sang me 80% of happy birthday LoL), Cher, Larry the Cable Guy, Jarron Collins & several of the Utah Jazz..I WANT to meet Ellen, Tom Hanks, & Jesse Eisenberg
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    My Mom won a trip to California with Gatorade and I got to meet Beyoncé Knowles who was then the lead singer of Destiny's Child. She was the sweetest most beautiful young lady I'd ever met.

My husband and I've met James Best, in fact we own a couple of his paintings. He was VERY personable.
  • smmadsen
    smmadsen Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    My mom worked at NASA so I got to meet some great people

Spock-Leonard Nimoy
    RUSH the band
    Astronauts-Crippen, Young, Sally Ride and most of the ill fated Challenger crew. One of my friends dad was the pilot-Smith
    I also ate dinner with Astronaut Deke Slayton.
    Benji the dog and his trainer-I watched one of his movies with him when I was a kid.
    So many others I cannot remember them all.

Most recently I rode the elevator and talked with Jerry Seinfeld-nice guy. He chatted with my family and I.
    Erik ****erson was on the same elevator the next day but we did not talk to him.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,798 Member
    Options
    I've met:

The Moffatts and Serial Joe (If you are Canadian...you know)

LoL..i was SO in love with scott moffatt when i was 15 or 16..LoL..a friend and i tried to get on the sally show so we could meet them.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    a few years back, I got hit on by the VIP for the Harlem Globetrotters. Of course, I did not believe him at the time, because come on... but, it turned out to really be him. He was nice.

I've also met, hung out and partied with Billy Aaron Brown of 8 Simple Rules for Dating my Teenage Daughters and Jeepers Creepers II - very nice and down to earth.
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    Johnny Depp when I was in Paris. I bumped into him and didn't realize it was him. We joked around for a bit, and it finally clicked who he was. He invited me out for some drinks and we got ****faced together, smoked some weed and went out to a late night restaurant where we ran into Kate Beckinsale and Gerard Butler. We continued partying and drinking. I think I hooked up with Kate Beckinsale.

Then the next morning I woke up in my bed at home in NJ, with an empty bottle of Jack Daniels on my end table, with HBO blasting on my TV. They were super nice they even flew me home and tucked me in....so sweet.
  • Leather_N_Lace
    Leather_N_Lace Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    LL Cool J, Will Ferrell, Emmett Smith, Dan Akroyd, Fergi and the Old Spice guy... (forgot his name).. The Bands - Third Day, Jars of Clay -- Worked for Corporate Sam's Club and we always had someone in the office.

My favorite was LL Cool J.. He is amazingly sweet and more attractive in person!
  • horrorstory
    horrorstory Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Ive met a few, but the best was Alice Cooper. He is so humble and down to earth.
    Love him.
  • fShaw86
    fShaw86 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Michael Jackson- got to shake his hand, he was pretty awesome I was like idk 6??
    Whoopi Goldberg, "Don't burn my fries!!" somewhere in Santa Monica, guess I was 10.
  • Kalypso22
    Options
    All of the members of Westlife, Chris Hemsworth.....he's an Aussie, I'm an Aussie, and I bumped into him in Australia :) He's a really sweet guy....Robert Pattinson, I met him when he was in Australia filming for a movie. Jensen Ackles, Jared Padalecki, Misha Collins and Richard Speight Jr..from the t.v show Supernatural, I met them at a Supernatural Convention :) ....and that's it for now :)
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    The only "famous" person I know or have met is one of the meteorologists for the local Fox affiliate.