Have you ever met a famous person? What were they like

Replies

• smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    \I met King Diamond, and he scared me. I was in a room with him alone for about 15 minutes and I thought he took my soul. \

I ~LOVE~ these stories. You guys are cracking me up. :smile:

I just remembered also that I met Victor Garber at Elixer on Melrose on one of my trips to LA. MFP wouldn't let me go back and add it to my original post.
    I just said Hi to him. I think Elixer is gone now. Which makes me sad. I loved that place.

OH! Remembered another one. Pantera. Met them numerous times. they're Dallas based.
    I was at a club called the Basement when they shot their video for Cowboys from Hell I think.. my best friend's brother jumped onstage for about half a second in that video.
  • wendyhas4angels
    wendyhas4angels Posts: 7 Member
    i met shop at charles barkley at a krispy cream donut at midnight when i was 9 monhts pregnant and everyone in the store was really excited about seeing him and they were asking for his autograph so i asked him who he was and he told me and said he played basketball and i asked him if it was at uab(our local city college) and he said 'no mam i play for the nba, i still didnt know how famous he was until i got home and my husband and son were flipping out!! he was very nice and asked me about my pregnancy!!
  • smantha32
    I met Telly Savalas at Universal Studios when I was a kid. He was really sweet and offered me a lollypop. I also met Lucille Ball on that trip, she was not so nice in person. Met Melissa Etheridge after her Christmas concert right before her first was born, she was absolutely amazing and friendly! Met K.D. Lang in April of the next year, she was very rude to everyone. Lived down the street from Alice Cooper growing up, he was always so cool and his mom is amazing! Met Kenny Rogers, really nice man but drives like a crazy person. Mr. **** Van *kitten* was one of the nicest people I have ever met. Oh, and when I was in 8th grade I got to talk to Elvis Presley on the phone. He was sweet and patient with my giggly self. My best friends mom knew him, she even had a Cadillac he bought her, it had a solid gold plate on the dashboard that said 'To Neva with love, Elvis'. So amazing to talk to him on the phone, that was the year he passed.

You met some pretty amazing ones!
  • smantha32
    I used to work for a luxury yacht manufacturer and they built a boat for Jimmy Dean (of breakfast sausage fame ... he also had a one hit wonder country song, "Big Bad John" which is what he named his boat.) He was very friendly.

When I was younger Jimmy Dean used to come into the Fridays where I worked every Sunday for brunch. I waited on him a few times. He seemed nice enough. Average tips.
    I never really considered him a celebrity. I suppose he is though. lol
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    I think the nicest celebrity I have ever met is Kate Moss at a party once. She is a very sweet, warm and down to earth person.
  • staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    I've met a few. For the NASCAR fans: Richard Petty, Michael and Daryl Waltrip, Cale Yarborough and some others. All nice. Met Robert Duval when he filmed Days of Thunder in Daytona - nice guy!

Had the opportunity to meet George W. Bush and his brother Jeb Bush while they were both in office (POTUS and Governor of Florida). Those were quick shake hands and move along meetings. Softest hands on a man (both of them) I have ever had the opportunity to shake!
  • WhitneySheree88
    WhitneySheree88 Posts: 222 Member
    Haven't met any myself, I would love to but i'm afraid that I will find out my favorite celebs are *kitten* and that would suck!
    These stories are amazing though. Except the Gerard Butler one, I :heart:'d him until I read that :sad:
  • notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    My family was right into athletics when I was a kid. I met quite a few while being a basket kid (carrying the runners clothes from one end of the track to the other) at Grand Prix events in the early 90s. Most were down to earth and happy to sign for us. Cathy Freeman was always a lovely person, and still is. Even the big name runners and long jumpers from the USA were awesome . I had a top race walker (ended up well know) ask me if I was someone's sister, I was. I had the opportunity to train with a world kickboxing champion . He took us through one of the best stretching routines I had ever done. He also stayed and trai ed with us for the other sections of the seminar .

I also often run into Suzie O'Neil , madam butterfly. Well once I nearly walked into her, another my kid was throwing a tantrum and walked into her, and then one day she almost ran into me. I haven't seen her for a while. Also a celebrity chef 's kids go to my kids school. Nice family. My husband did a rush baking job for a shared dinner , packet mix cookies. The chef tried everything and said nice things about it all lol.
  • Got to serve a soda to Ronald Reagan about 1978 or so. Very nice and friendly.
    Robert Redford - A bit more quiet than I expected. Very nice. Shorter than I expected.
    Mickey Rooney - Pleasant enough.
  • Hadabetter
    Hadabetter Posts: 941 Member
    Jack Nicklaus - A really nice guy. All class. (Much smaller in stature than I ever would have guessed though.)
  • i met shop at charles barkley at a krispy cream donut at midnight when i was 9 monhts pregnant and everyone in the store was really excited about seeing him and they were asking for his autograph so i asked him who he was and he told me and said he played basketball and i asked him if it was at uab(our local city college) and he said 'no mam i play for the nba, i still didnt know how famous he was until i got home and my husband and son were flipping out!! he was very nice and asked me about my pregnancy!!

Back in the day, I was very fit and looked very good when I met Charles Barkley at the airport. I was working for a limousine service as a driver and I was there to do a pickup. I had a female name on my sign. Charles walked up to me and said in a flirty voice "I will be Kristina for you!" I said really? You don't look like a Kristina. He laughed and smiled. That is when the other driver next to me said "How you doing Mr. Barkley?" Only then did I realize who I was speaking to and I lived in Phoenix where he played for the NBA!

He was down to earth and had a sense of humor. I have to like that in any person.

Driving a limousine allowed me to meet many celebrities. I normally do not get star struck however I did once. I met David Lander from Laverne and Shirley. He looked just like his character (without so much grease in the hair) and I found it hard not to stare, for I used to watch that show growing up and I never thought I would actually meet my favorite character from the show. Drove him to a basketball game, picked him up and took him to some other locations through out the night. I was still star struck by the time I dropped him off.
  • smantha32
    bump. More stories! :bigsmile:
  • andiebaco
    andiebaco Posts: 211 Member
    I met two famous people in my life:

- Prince Charles... By luck, my family and I were on a tour around UK, we stopped in a tiny town in Wales, while all the tour people went to go to see the castle, we followed the crowd that was waiting for the prince (we didn't know at the time). The crowd was quite small and when he arrived we got to shook his hand and take pictures... I was 15 and all I can remember is that he had very rosy skin haha. My dad keeps saying that the quality of his suit was amazing.

- Sean Astin... I am a HUGE LOTR fan (my favorite is Frodo) so when Sean Astin went to my college city for a convention I ran to there. I bought his book, I had to be in all the motivation talks until his talk and then made the line for his autograph. I didn't like him. He was nice, he wasn't mean or anything.. But I think he is just too full of himself and probably thinks that the best character in all the movies is Sam, he kept talking about it the whole hour of the conference and the book is pretty much the sam. But he signed my book, and signed for my friend who was in the hospital. I have a couple of pictures, and actually in one he is staring at my *kitten* haha. The pictures and the book are left for eternity :happy: :laugh:
  • Most famous person I have got to meet is Holly Hagan from Geordie Shore at a Night club.
    I love Geordie Shore, so it was a pretty big deal for me. When about to get a photo with her, I walked straight past her, which was hilarious. (But only because I was intoxicated LOL) :laugh:
  • smantha32
    I have a couple of pictures, and actually in one he is staring at my *kitten* haha. The pictures and the book are left for eternity :happy: :laugh:

oh, post it! lol
  • andiebaco
    andiebaco Posts: 211 Member
    I have a couple of pictures, and actually in one he is staring at my *kitten* haha. The pictures and the book are left for eternity :happy: :laugh:

oh, post it! lol

It's back in Mexico, probably in a box at my parents house... One day I will look for it!!
  • smantha32
    bumping for more stories.
  • choijanro
    choijanro Posts: 754 Member
    I met Goku,Naruto,Natsu,Luffy & Ichigo but only in my dreams :laugh:
  • smantha32
    bumps. More please!
  • Macgeek74
    Macgeek74 Posts: 298 Member
    Met a bunch of huge country singers and many rock bands. They all seem like normal people. I didn't like one though.