55 Years Old, 1 Year, 126 Pounds Lost

Options

Replies

• grillingirl
    grillingirl Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Wow! You are truly an inspiration! You look fantastic and must feel very proud of yourself (at least you should feel that way). Keep up the good work!
  • AnitraSoto
    AnitraSoto Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    What a great story and an amazing transformation! You look like a totally different person.... Congrats on a wonderful job!
  • sophieannejune
    sophieannejune Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration..thanks so much for sharing your story and congrats..you look fantastic and your health sounds fantastic!!!
  • Yourgoingtodothis
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your success story and progress you look amazing, happy & healthy, well done on all your achievements. I could realte to your issues over health feeling ill & tired all the time is no joke! But like you we decided to do something about it. I hope to post my story in the future.

Congratulations :flowerforyou:
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    What a beautifully written piece and such a motivating story! Your self esteem seems to have been restored and like others said- you do NOT look obese at all! Fit and healthy.
  • crudd123
    crudd123 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look great!
  • walterm852
    walterm852 Posts: 409 Member
    Options

--My advice--
    Do what works for you, don’t let negative people/comments/feelings get you down. You are worthy of being cared for, no matter what your size and weight. You are important and valuable. Forgive yourself and move forward. :heart:

Kat

Kat ...just awesome, Congrats!!! this final thought/advice is terrific
  • mary29033
    Options
    Very proud of you!!! If only people would realize how much better life is when you get it under control - mine has been out of control for so long. I am doing nearly exactly what you are doing and I'm at 45 gone since February, and logging your food is key, I think. And my hair is growing - I think a half-inch in the last two weeks. Ah, the hardship of having to go to the hair stylist more often...not a problem with me!!! I feel 20 years younger. My mood is better, I have energy, and I hate to think how many years have passed with me feeling so awful.

Keep up the great work - you look wonderful and I bet you feel even better than that!!! You are an inspiration!
  • healthyKYgirl
    healthyKYgirl Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great job!
  • mabug01
    mabug01 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this post; it was exactly what I needed to hear.
  • kat65
    kat65 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Excellent advice. Thank you for posting.
  • Mexicanbigfoot
    Mexicanbigfoot Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Kat, just wow!! First, you look amazing!! Thank you for having the courage to share your story. I love that you shared what works for you and I think I am going to be taking some advice. I also put other people ahead of myself and I'm slowly learning to stop and put myself first. I wish you nothing but the best on the rest of your journey. You are so beautiful!! :flowerforyou:
  • monicalingtannehill
    Options
    I'm a 52 year old mother of twin boys with autism. (I;m also short, 4feet, 11 inches) when I was first preg with them, my weight was between 10-120. after preg I weighed 160. stressors - relocating to a rural town - hours and hours of driving to therapies, sitting in waiting rooms - cooking for a 6 foot 3 husband who ate VOLUMES as well as two boys who (as most autistic children do) had food issues - my life was bombarded with food - stress - travel - and waiting rooms. I have been over 200 pounds for 6 years. Topping out at 210. i got diag with diabetes type 2, my body ached ached ached all of the time. But now I've turned a page. I'm (as of today) 198.5. I still have a long way to go. But seeing your picture, your story, your my age - IIt is such a push for me! Thank you for sharing! You made my day! (ps - my sugar levels are normal these days!)
  • heretic911
    heretic911 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing! Congratulations on your success and good luck on your journey. You are a great source of motivation!!
  • beachgal0626
    beachgal0626 Posts: 1,910 Member
    Options
    Wow, so proud of you even though I don't know you! Wish everyone would read your story, especially all of your doctors' comments. You are in inspiration to many! :happy:
  • Kookyk9s
    Kookyk9s Posts: 259 Member
    Options

--My advice--
    Do what works for you, don’t let negative people/comments/feelings get you down. You are worthy of being cared for, no matter what your size and weight. You are important and valuable. Forgive yourself and move forward. :heart:

Kat

Kat ...just awesome, Congrats!!! this final thought/advice is terrific
  • Gianna44
    Gianna44 Posts: 124
    Options
    WOW Kat - I am so happy for you! You look terrific and have made such positive changes in your life by doing what works for you. Thank you for sharing both your story and your advice.
  • angelscry35
    Options
    Wow good job
  • Terra_Incognita
    Terra_Incognita Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    This is a great story! You have taken back your health and it is awesome. You got it! Excellent work:)
  • 1yoyoKAT
    1yoyoKAT Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to thank everybody who posted in here, you really made a huge impact on me! It was great to look at my own journey through other eyes and it's really motivating to me that you took the time to wish me well and share your thoughts. I will come back here often and reread your comments. Thank you so much! :smile: :heart:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!