Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Kelly- I am also addicted to Candy Crush and if I play before bed then I see the screen in my head before going to bed. Congratulations on reaching 120 lbs lost, that is an awesome accomplishment. Enjoy the visit with your grandmother.

Susan- Those fluctuations on the scale are very annoying especially when we don’t see the rhyme or reason behind them. I have learned over the past two years how to ignore the ups and not worry about them too much provided they stay within a certain range. Focus on the long term loss and not the daily number on scale.

Robin-Glad your friends’ surgery went well. That is great that you felt was almost to light today on those squats. Time to up the weight.

Lori- Hope you get your swim in tonight. Great job on the walks.

Luster- Stress as well many other things can cause a 2 lb gain due to water weight. Sometimes it is as simple your body is repairing muscle tissue and they will retain water during that time.

Rhonda-Welcome.

Marsha- Cross training will help improve the different muscle groups, build endurance and prevent boredom with one activity. I hope you have some other activities that you enjoy. Those fresh veggies sound great-enjoy them.

Bernice- Welcome and congrats on joining the gym.

Melissa- Welcome.

Elana- Welcome. You found a wonderful group of people.

Pie- welcome and congrats on losing over 107lbs. That is great, keep up the hard work.

Moose- Welcome.

JT- Great job on the swim and swimming against currents is much harder than swimming with currents.

Tomorrow I will do my best to run the 2 miles instead of walking part of it. The outcome will depend on how the knee does but I will be sure to warm up really well.
    Today was a long day and a rest day for me. I had a meeting at school this morning and learned my schedule for next year and I hope my class sizes don’t change to much. It was hard resting today but my body needed it so hopefully I will sleep well tonight and be ready to run tomorrow. The run is at 8am so I will be there by 7:30 so I can park easily-I hope.

Have a great weekend.

Workout plan 8/11 to 8/17
    Sunday- Bike DONE 23 miles
    Monday- rmile run for time per trainer NO REST due to Injury
    Tuesday- 5K drills with Trainer: Trainer done but focus on strengthening ankle due to injury
    Wednesday- Swim (.75 miles) and walk
    Thursday- Trainer and bike DONE
    Friday- Rest Day DONE It was weird not to climb tonight.
    Saturday- 2 Mile race I want to run it all!!!!! May rock climb to celebrate accomplishment.
  • KATRENAJ
    KATRENAJ Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    GOT A NICE WALK IN AND IT BROUGHT ME UP TO 80% OF MY ACTIVITY GOAL FOR THE DAY. MADE GOOD CHOICES AT DINNER BUT MEXICAN IS NOT THE PLACE FOR ME. I CANT STOP ON THE CHIPS.

VERY TIRED FROM NO SLEEP AT ALL LAST NIGHT. HAVENT HAD GERD AT ALL TODAY AND AFRAID TO LAY DOWN FOR FEAR IT WILL COME BACK. IF IT DOES I TAKE A SLEEPING PILL, BUT REALLY TIRED SO I MAY DRIFT OFF

WAS GIVING A SHOWER FOR NIECE TOMORROW BUT SHE HAD HER BABY TODAY AND WE RESCHEDULED. GUESS I WILL LOOK FOR LAWN FURNITURE TOMORROW AND A RECUMBENT BIKE

PIENTHESKY - WELCOME. YOUR ACCOMPLISHMENTS ARE AMAZING. I ENVY YOUR EXERCISE REGIME

MOOSEMILK AND CALPEACHMFP - WELCOME

JTCONST - 800 BURN AND HAVING SO MUCH FUN. IT WAS COOL IN ATLANTA TODAY

TOPS - WISH I WERE NEARBY. WE HAVE A NEIGBORHOOD GARDEN BUT NO ONE NEW EVER GETS IN. I GREW SOME ZUCCHINI AND LETTUCE IN MY FLOWER BEDS BUT RAINY WEATHER HAS PREVENTED A GOOD HARVEST

KATRENA
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Friday Fitness: I'm very pleased with my second week back. I met with the trainer twice, but I like how she's challenging me and I can still move. I hate when you push too hard and can't move for days. I've been doing intervals on the treadmill with 10% incline at 4.0 speed, which has been really good. I'm sweating like a pig!!!

As far as the scale, I'll probably do 3-4 times a week. I will not get upset with those daily ups/downs, but still keep myself in check.

@ Marca - I wish I was closer!!! I love a garden, but living in the desert doesn't help. Plus, we have no back yards whatsoever. My neighbors do the boxes in their backyard and does grow some things. I guess if there's a will there's a way. There's nothing like fresh tomatoes on the vine - yum!!!

@ Tom - No worries on the CPAP. Thanks for the websites though. I have the 6" tube, but there seems to be a smaller one attached to that and that attaches to my mask. Kind of weird and I never really noticed the extra tubing. I'll go searching. I know you were not looking forward to the move itself, but you'll be settled back in before you know it.

@ Kaye - Those grandkids of yours never cease to amaze me. Skunk? I bet they were just a little scared and didn't want to admit it. They're so lucky to have you.

@ John - Sleep - good for you!! Hopefully, you'll grab some more tonight. You're walking is great too. Keep going!!!

@ Robin - I'm so glad his surgery went OK. He's lucky to have you as a friend.

@ Lori - What kind of dog do you have? I have a little 11 lb Bichon/Poodle and she loves to go walking too. Unfortunately, she drives me nuts because she thinks she has to squat at every smell. I just want to walk and have to pull her along. I take her once in awhile, but not every time that's for sure.

@ Kelley - I've already said CONGRATS on the loss, but I'll say it again. WOO HOO!! I'm so glad I found you. Safe travels tomorrow and have fun with your grams.

@ JT - Whew. . . glad you made it back safe and sound. I'm glad you got to spend time with your son, but swimming against currents can be tough. Great workout though.
  • vickimieth
    vickimieth Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    just a drive by, cuz I'm exhausted tonight... and ashamed of my self... I got mugged by a Haagen-Dazs ice cream, and didn't get to the gym. Did get some Zumba in, but all in all.... fail for the day...
  • sirtxt
    sirtxt Posts: 39
    Options
    Good Morning All,

I am volunteering this morning and things are slow. So, I am going to do my daily check-in. I got another good night's sleep last night. Oddly enough, it started off in the recliner but I woke up and went up stairs to bed. For me personally, I think it is weather/ heat related - as it has been cooler here. Who knows.

This week's success has to be my attitude about 2 things. I am looking forward to my daily walking or exercise. I might just be addicted to it - smile. My second attitude change is with my constant challenge with Sunday eating. Yesterday while walking, the concept of challenging myself to conquer this issue. I know I can do this - I eat within my regimine 6 days a week - why not Sunday. So, I will report my success on Monday!!!

Happy Saturday!

John
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Susan - I'm glad you like your trainer and the exercises are not overwhelming - its important not to HURT in the beginning and get discouraged - I'm with you on that!

Vicki - sorry you got mugged! Better than homicide I'd say, what are you doing for stress relievers these days???

John - glad you got another good nights sleep. It sounds like your walks are giving you plenty of time to think and plan. Good plan for your Sundays - yes you have to remember to be on your diet 7 days a week or it just doesn't work. Remember, its keepiing those calories under your recommendations that make the pounds drop off!

I didn't get my squats done last night , but also didn't eat or drink as much as I had planned on, so when I stepped on the scales I am back down the 2 lbs I was up. That's a good feeling, but I am not down any weight for the week. However, my friends last night both thought I looked slimmer and I'll accept that NSV for a sign of improvement for the week!
  • KATRENAJ
    Options
    Got a great nights sleep w/o a pill and no GERD. It was wonderful, woke up at 4:30 but started counting sheep and went back to sleep. Did that several more times and woke up feeling rested for a change. Somewhere I have a sleep tape, I am going to round it up and try using it again. It's fairly effective. Going to shop today so will gets lots of activity

Vikki, I can't think of a nicer way to get mugged. Ummm haven't had one in so long

John, glad you got a good nights sleep

Robin. Compliments usually or nearer to the truth than the scale

Susan - Sounds like you've found a good trainer with the right balance. I've had some bad experience with trainers but may try again
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Quick drive-by here as well!

Welcome newlings!! :flowerforyou:

@robin--yay about Jeff!

@Candy Crush addicts--I'm on level 207 :blushing: --it's crack.

Saturday Success:
    I stayed under calories yesterday at my neighborhood festival (the old neighborhood where I grew up in Chicago), even though I had way too many cocktails. Luckily, I could sleep on mom's couch so I didn't have to drive home. Saw a bunch of old friends which is always fun. One friend texted me this morning to tell me how great I look and said "you lost some weight, eh?"--it's kind of funny b/c I saw him last year at the same fest and I weighed only about 10 lbs more. I guess my body composition has changed a lot in since then--makes me feel better about not really losing a lot on the scale.
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    @ John - 2 nights must feel good. It's amazing how refreshed we truly feel with some solid sleep. Where are you volunteering? This is one area I've been teaching my son since he was little the importance of giving back. Good for you!

@ Kathy - I'm glad you got some sleep too. I know your hubby is out of town, but I know you can do this and make good choices all weekend. Enjoy yourself shopping with lots of walking!!

@ Robin - I'm glad you balanced on the scale. I'm still up 2 and not sure why. Doing everything I should be so I'll just wait for the scale to come back down. Those little comments help to keep us going. Good for you!!

@ Vicki - I think we all have our friends with two names and mine happen to be Ben & Jerry. I've gotten better though. In the past, I would have downed the whole container, but now it's just bites here and there. It happens I'm afraid. Today is a new day.

@ Skinny - Good job staying under even with the numerous adult beverages, which is so tough to do. I'm glad you enjoyed the festival and a little trip down memory lane. While you may have only been a 10 lb difference, I bet you're looking more toned overall and that's probably showing too. You've worked so hard and deserve every single kudos. Good for you!!!

Saturday Success: This has been another good week. I really started back on Monday, 8/5 so I'm almost 2 weeks back into focus. I've been really pleased with my overall food choices and exercise. I need to keep doing what I'm doing. While the scale was awesome the first week, the second week has been playing games. It didn't help Aunt Flo decided to visit so I'm hoping next week things will balance out. I do have to go to L.A. for 3 days on business so this will be my first real test. I can do this even through business travel. I know I can.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Sirtxt - I go crazy with the number crunching of weight loss. Calculating my intate vs burn and weighing way every few days. Unfortunately in my case it becomes a bit of an obsession. Glad to hear you slept well for a few nights in a row. It makes ALL the difference.

Robin - So glad to hear your friend Jeff is doing well! Friends thinking you look slimmer is one heck of a great NSV!

KJeffries - Those calories sneak up on you. So many times I thought I was making great choices and at the end of the day Id be out of calories. I find the only way I can avoid it is to preplan exactly what I'm going to going to eat and prelog. I'm constantly hunting up restaurant menus online so I know what I'm going to order/eat from the buffet before I get there. It's a real PitA sometimes.

Welcome Pienthesky!

Welcome CalPeach!

Welcome Moosemilk!

JT that's an AMAZING burn and a GREAT NSV!

Marca - I'm so jealous. Apartment living with no balcony means NO homegrown veggies of my own. I'd take anything extra you had if I were close enough! :sad:

Susan - As always, you are an inspiration. You have an incredible determination that I envy!

Skinnyjeans - The festival sounds like fun and what a fantastic NSV! I look forward to the changing of body composition! I get tired of looking like a bowling ball with legs! :laugh:

Well after 37 minutes of Yoga, 20 minutes of Leslie Sansone, 25 minutes of Zumba, and 9 minutes of kettlebells I didn't feel to bad when I got up this morning. Just a little stiff. This mornings Yoga loosened me back up and I was feeling great... UNTIL I walked to the grocery store. 1.5 miles isn't that far but carrying back the groceries was a killer. I didn't take my rollie cart since I didn't need a lot but I started calculating it on the walk home (groceries in big farmers market basket). 2 lbs of potatoes, 1 lb of tomatoes, 2 lbs of onions, large container of sour cream, eggs, 2lb block of cheddar, and a couple of cucumbers add up! I think I might be skipping my 11 AM Zumba 'cause I'm freaking POOPED. I'll just do my 1PM 40 minute yoga and Leslie Sansone later this afternoon. That'll still give me a 600+ calorie burn for the day.

I sure do love being this busy though, it's making my day fly by!
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    I decided that I really want to run a marathon. As I weigh like 270 pounds, that should be interesting haha. I'm thinking I will probably have to work up to it ;) My husband's health issues are really stressing me out. I have a friend on Facebook from college who posted a picture of herself in some marathon, and I really suddenly had this feeling like 'that will help you.' So I am going to see if I can get fit enough to run a marathon. It's a lofty goal for a really fat chick, but hopefully it will help relieve some of my stress. Even better than the newly upped dose of anti-anxiety meds from the doctor last week :laugh: I thought I would start with C25K. Anyone else got any advice.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    I decided that I really want to run a marathon. As I weigh like 270 pounds, that should be interesting haha. I'm thinking I will probably have to work up to it ;) My husband's health issues are really stressing me out. I have a friend on Facebook from college who posted a picture of herself in some marathon, and I really suddenly had this feeling like 'that will help you.' So I am going to see if I can get fit enough to run a marathon. It's a lofty goal for a really fat chick, but hopefully it will help relieve some of my stress. Even better than the newly upped dose of anti-anxiety meds from the doctor last week :laugh: I thought I would start with C25K. Anyone else got any advice.

You, woman... you rock! This is a freaking awesome goal!
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I am exhausted! As much as I love my family, having everyone here takes its toll. I finished off the party with about 20 for waffles this morning. Everyone has gone home now. DD needed me to go shopping with her for fabrics that she needed to decorate her new home. I was excited to get fleece for 70% off to make some fleece blanketsso the foster kids can have a blanket, but the shopping trip took nearly 4 hours. I need to get some toys and things that got left out put away and then I am going to put my feet up for few minutes.
    Onward and upward. Everyone is doing so well at setting goals and meeting challenges. Welcome to the new folks here.
    Kaye
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    A BIG WELCOME to all the newbies who've landed here in the past day or two. Glad you're here and hope you come back and make yourselves at home.

Today is a day of MFP celebration for me - it is my 3rd anniversary of the day I joined MFP - I joined Aug. 17, 2010. The first year was very rocky, with a complete backslide after the Christmas Holidays, and backslides repeated through 2011. Health problems have plagued me through the years too. BUT - the good news is overall, I have lost more than I have gained back, I have conquered the Holiday backsliding problems and made it through last season with nary a pound gained. Now I am losing steadily at the rate of a pound a week, because I finally accepted the fact that calories do count, and I have to keep them under control. Exercise is important, but not as important as watching that food intake!

And I have become, very reluctantly, an exercise person. It took a long time of trying and rejecting many types of exercise before I determined my physical weakness was so bad in my knees that it was the cause of me not being able to do other exercises. So I started strengthening my knees by doing squats. And let me tell you the pay off was incredible. Gaining strength back in my knees has helped my overall leg strength and walking ability and ability to climb stairs tremendously. In 60 days of doing squats my leg shape has transformed as well!

Toots - I'm with you. I'm starting to have runner's envy. I'd love to compete (or at least participate in) a 2 or 5 K some day. I'm making it a future goal. Good luck to you too!

Today I did 40 goblet squats using a 7.5 lb weight - a new personal best!

Oh, life is good.:love:
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. So YAY I went to the farmers market and got some great stuff. Now ughhh I have to do the long put off chore of cleaning out the fridge. It is currently completley emptied out and everything is on the kitchen table. I have taken out all the shelves and bins and washed them and they are sitting on the counter getting a quick air dry while I take a break. Knowing myself as well as I do I called my son while checking out at the store and had him pull everyhting out so there was no way I could talk myself out of getting it done finally.

Robin you are doing amazing on those squats. Happy anniversary you have come so far on your journey.
    Mow mow that sounds like a major workout getting to the grocery store and back. You should be very proud of yourself.
    Kaye it sounds like you have earned some much needed peace and quiet. Enjoy having a peaceful afternoon.
    For everyone else as always you all rock and I am super proud of each of you. Have a great day everyone.:heart::heart:
  • pienthesky32
    pienthesky32 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I am just popping on to share my Saturday Success. I did the shopping this morning and I picked up at least 2 yummy non-plan things and put them back on the shelf. I'm learning that to be nice to myself doesn't mean that I have to treat myself to food. I have coupons for free frappe or smoothie at McDonald's. I looked up the calories and decided that neither one will be worth the calories. I came home and mixed up a protein shake for less calories and it was just as satisfying. I've spared enough calories for a big dinner tonight, so I'm looking forward to that!

It's just been a great day, a lot things falling into place and I feel good about the past week. Here's to many more!:drinker:
  • TOPSmarca
    TOPSmarca Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    SO glad it is finally Saturday Success day!!! I have been saving this since Thursday!!!

My success is that I lost 1.75 lbs, this week and finally reached the full 20 lb mark!!! I was also weeks best loser at my TOPS group and July's best loser too!!! My other success is that the C25K workouts are feeling GOOD!!! I still hit the workout #3 slump but my endurance and pace pick up remarkably after that!!!

Toots- C25K is a great program.... IF you make it fit YOU!!! I and several folks I know start out trying to do the whole first day and fail and think, "I could NEVER do this!" This time around, I did what I called "Floor to Couch". Meaning I started out doing LESS that week 1 day 1 and worked up. It took me 5 weeks to finish week 1 but I did it and am now doing 3 and 5 min. run intervals and out pacing friends who are smaller and more fit than I!!! Remember YOUR pace is what is important( faster OR slower than the program).... when you can do a workout and think, well that wasn't bad, move on to the next week. Get to it girl!!! Your cheerleaders are here and we are READY!!!
  • calpeachmfp
    calpeachmfp Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Nice going RobinsEgg!
    Keep that exercise program going . . . it will speed fat loss as well as building muscle. And muscle burns more calories than fat, so keep getting stronger!
  • KATRENAJ
    Options
    Saturday Success. Planned my lunch and dinner and stayed within plan. Gots lots of walking in for the day. Was tempted by McDonalds and resisted. This is the first day this week I have stayed on plan

I decided that Fast Food is a trigger for me. I was not hungry but saw a McDonalds and the first thought I had was a Big Mac. Like Pavlov's mice, the Golden Arch is a bell for me. Glad I resisted.

I also pondered why I was thinking of eating and realized it was a dreary day, I was lonely for my hubby and sort of depressed. Not good reasons for eating. Its pouring down raining so I can't walk, but I decided I will take some product pictures which surprisingly uses a lot of activity what with dressing the mannequin and setting the camera and lights up. I could go to the gym but it is so dreary. Hubby back in town. So glad

I shopped a lot today, bought a few things for my upcoming trip to Europe. Two pairs of shoes and a neat holder for the curling iron
    MyMow - I followed your advice today and looked it up before I went. I am like you. If I focus too much on the scale, I get obsessed with it. I have to do the best I can and hope for the best. Sounds like your trip from the market burned lots of calories. I find if I shop a lot, I can get lots of activity in for the day, but I still need some extra activity. It's raining so I cant get my usual walk in and don't know if I will go the the gym or not

Toots - Start out slow. It is an effort for me to walk 20 minutes. But having a goal is great and I'm sure you can do anything if you really want to

Grandma Kaye - You deserve to put your feet up. I can't imagine making 20 waffles.

Robin. Happy Anniversary. Sounds like you have gained lots of insight and made an awesome accomplishment. . Exercise, when I do it makes me feel good, but it is tough to get started. Sounds like the squats are very beneficial

jtconst - Clever trick for getting the frig cleaned.

Piein the sky - Great sucesses. You Rock!!

TOPS: How many sticks of butter is that? Great Success. Congrats to you

Katrena
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Toots- I think you can run a marathon just remembers to take it slow and easy when starting out. Couch to 5K is a great way to start or look for some local walks/fun runs in your area they are typically 1 mile.

MyMowMow- Great day of exercise and the 1.5 miles home carrying about 10lbs of stuff is wonderful.

Katrena- I understand about the chips as well especially with a cheese dip.

Susan-Glad the trainer is working out for you. Interval training will kick your butt as I have learned over the past months with my trainer. I know you can do this during business trips. Do the hotels you stay in have a fitness center? If so, you can continue the interval training there just do it on your own. You will hear your trainers voice in your head while doing encouraging you to push harder.

Vicki- My downfall is Turkey Hill Moose Tracks

John- Great challenges for the week, you can do this.

Robin- Happy Anniversary!!! Thank you for starting this thread. It has be a huge benefit to all of us over the past couple of years. You have created a very large and extended family who cherish each other and support each other during this process. You can start by looking for a 1-mile fun walk or just walk around the neighborhood. You will be amazed at how quickly you will improve. Great job with the squat and a 7.5lb weight.

Karen- Great NSV, I love it when people notice I look thinner.

Kaye-Hope you get some needed rest and peace.

JT- Cleaning the fridge what a task and a great accomplishment

Pie- Great choices today

My victory for this week is completing the 2-miles run today:drinker: :bigsmile: :drinker: :bigsmile: . I ran the whole 2 miles in 27 minutes flat. I was so excited that I accomplished this goal. I must say I endured a wide range of emotions during the run including fighting back the tears when I realized that I was doing this and was not sure why I choose to do it but then it stopped and I knew I could do it. The course was a little hilly but I continued to run uphill and I managed a sprint to the finish. I was worried about my knee hurting or injuring it more. The knee was fine during the race but I saw the chiro afterwards and all is good.

Back in June when I started this running thing, I never thought I would be able to run a mile let alone 2 but now a 5K seems doable. After I finished I went to my and climbed the rock wall all three- I had a lot of energy left over. Then I saw my trainer and talked to her about the experience and she said the emotions were normal and she still experiences them while racing. It was a great day today.