Things you hate at the gym!!!

Options
1131415161719»

Replies

• CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    I hate when the really hot chick I'm creepin on at the treadmill in front of me rips one, and I can taste it. Total buzz kill.

kidding, I try and stand as far away from everyone else so I can watch tv in peace and no one can see me drop my ipod a million times.
  • Tavysh
    Tavysh Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Spiders. I hate them everywhere but ohhh I really hate those ****ers when I'm at the gym.
  • lharvey2797
    lharvey2797 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Me at the gym...................That's why I don't go!
  • sgdenton
    sgdenton Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Completely irrational but its when somebody goes on my bike!

I know its not my bike and i dont know why its so important to me that i go on that one and not the other 3 but damnit it is, if i walk in there and im expecting to do time on the bike to warm up and somebody is on mine my first instinct is to leave and come back later - as crazy as that is...

Oh and weird eye contact people...

I can totally relate! I have a certain locker I like to use, and if it is in use when I get there I get irrationally annoyed. glad I'm not alone!

also, the indoor track goes around the basketball court and I really hate awkward stares as I do laps. Makes me feel like I have a third eye...
  • nino07110922
    nino07110922 Posts: 2,149
    Options
    @sgdenton - you're right: its irrational... Thank goodness we're all in good company. :laugh:
  • AshleyM71
    AshleyM71 Posts: 3,029 Member
    Options
    True story from today: I'm on the only available treadmill at the gym. Gym is packed. Typical Monday. The guy next to me starts pinching off one nostril and blowing a'la snot rocket style in multiple succession. I turn to my left to give him this obvious stare that would tell him, "Dude! Really???" He doesn't stop. I look down a few minutes later and the guy has what I believe to be buckets of sweat on the display monitor. I hope it was sweat. Thank God for gym wipes. So gross in so many ways. I think I need a silk wood shower just for being in close proximity
  • nino07110922
    nino07110922 Posts: 2,149
    Options
    Since we're sharing true stories - I'm banging away on the elliptical tonight. Next to me is a lady who's been working up quite the sweat. She's older and a tad portly She gets off the chair, which is drenched in sweat. She looks at it with obvious disdain, and then starts FANNING THE WET SPOTS with her towel! Dear GOD! I stopped my workout, walked over to the towelette rack,and brought back half a dozen. She'd already started walking away, but the look on my face was obviously something approximating disgust. I got to her machine with her about 20 ft away. She turned, stopped and made eye contact. I very deliberately put the towelettes on the seat, keeping her gaze, then sat back down and resumed my workout. I closed my eyes for a bit, then discretely looked to the side. She was cleaning up the piece, with a look something between embarrassment and anger. Couldn't help shaking my head. Not nice.
  • _errata_
    _errata_ Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    People who use a set of dumbbells for three reps, then switch, then switch. Standing in front of the whole rack the entire time.

People who run 4-5 weight machines in a circuit and won't let you get in on any of them until they are done.

^>€#<% circuit trainers. My workout takes 20 minutes, at a leisurely pace. If I am battling circuit trainers I will be there for an hour sometimes.
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    Morons who walk around with a gallon of water! idiots

I don't see why this is a big deal... Like someone said before, 'Why don't you worry about your workout and don't worry about what others are doing... ' Some people really do make a big effort to drink more water, especially on days when they have a longer workout. As long as they aren't in your way, taking your weights, or stink then who cares that they bring a lot of water.

Something I dislike at the gym is when people don't put their weights away, and when they smell so bad that I have to move to another area of the gym.

^ lol that irony.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Morons who walk around with a gallon of water! idiots
    So tell me sir, what is the appropriate amount of water to bring, lest I offend your delicate sensibilities? My workouts are fairly short - rarely exceeding an hour, and I can still put away 2L of water in that time. Someone training for longer is going to need more.
  • obrientp
    obrientp Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I hate it when I'm in spin class and two people are sitting side by side having a loud chatty conversation during the whole class like they are the only ones in the room. It's very distracting. Why are they even there? If you can have a conversation during spin class you are not doing it right. Last night two women kept on talking even though the instructor finally said something.
  • jazzygurl81
    jazzygurl81 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    LOL, lots of posts in this thread. Looks like some of us could use some lessons in gym etiquette.

One thing that REALLY irks me - the girls that come in the gym with the teeny tiny booty shorts or skin-tight paint-on spandex pants and sports bra, full face of makeup, and hair not even pulled back but hanging down perfectly done like they're ready to step out on the town. And they leisurely play on the exercise machines basically doing nothing but chatting on their cell phones, flirting with the men in the gym, trying to attract as much attention to themselves as possible. Sorry, but I think it's pathetic. There are gyms I specifically avoid - especially in the evenings - because it's basically a big meat market, and I'm not into that. I'm at the gym to put in work, not to strut around trying to look cute.

If you don't look like a sweaty mess at the end of your workout, then you ain't doing nothing! And for what I pay every month for my gym membership and personal trainer, you better believe I'm going to go there to focus on my health; I don't have money to waste and I would think even these cutesy girls would feel the same. Please go somewhere else to socialize, like a night club.
  • Dreamerryu27
    Dreamerryu27 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    People who stare
  • jenjencin78
    jenjencin78 Posts: 4,415 Member
    Options
    This just happened to me yesterday-some guy gets on the machine next to me wearing about a gallon of cologne. It was making me nauseated and I had to move to another machine to finish my workout lol. The woman on the other side of him moved too. It was BAD!
  • crandos
    crandos Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Curls in the squat rack.

squatting on the curl rack...wait what?
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    curled in there today... love that straight bar
  • emirror
    emirror Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    People who stare

I'd be staring at your hair. You're gorgeous. :flowerforyou:
  • KateK8LoseW8
    KateK8LoseW8 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Okay, I have two new ones, both of which happened today.

People not using the gym to do any real work. Okay, yes, I understand that not everybody can run or lift heavy, and every step counts, etc. but today there was this girl in my tiny apartment gym. This gym has one treadmill, one lifting bench, one stationary bike, one cable station. And she's sitting there in her sweatshirt complaining about how cold it is while she texts and walks on the treadmill at 1.5. One time she got so distracted by a fascinating text message that she stopped walking and the treadmill carried her to the end and dumped her off. She sat on the bench texting and doing a couple of curls every five minutes. She got on the bike for five minutes, got off to stretch, got on for five more minutes, went to the bathroom, got on for five minutes, stopped and sat there texting. Oh my god.

Second. This kid came in and started using the cable station for various things, with the weight so light that when he returned to starting position there was a huge bang. 30 reps of this ****, and then he's bragging to his little brother about how many reps he can do. BANG BANG BANG. I'm so strong man I bet you can't even do 10. BANG BANG BANG BANG. Ughh.

Tiny gyms require extra special etiquette, man. Be quiet. Don't monopolize all the equipment, especially when you're barely doing anything. It's not that hard.
  • Tony_Brewski
    Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    When I'm in a super set and some tooth pick walks over unracks my plates and takes over. I say, "Yo! I am doing a super set man." and get "It's ok I'm only doing 5 sets quick" *EDIT* that! Get the **** out you bean pole! I'm leg pressing 650 and and you stacking 2 45s and telling me to wait?! I don't do roids but damn man when I'm in a pump I will rage out like the Hulk over that ****!

Outside that... people that do NOT clean the equipment after use! There's this "large" couple that hits every machine they can and do NOT clean down a single one! So gross!

Outside that... what the OP said naked dudes making convo in the locker room. I was in the Army... that is one thing! You aint my battle buddy ... put the pants on and gtfo!
This discussion has been closed.