Anyone starting 30 Day Shred soon? Sept 2010

Options

Replies

• TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    hey everyone, sorry I haven't been on to post. But I have just finally finished level 2 and I am getting ready to start level 3 tomorrow. I used my heart rate monitor and it said I burned 298 calories. Much more than mfp says I would burn. I didn't do any modifications or take any breaks. I can't wait to see if I can burn that many calories in level 3.
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    L1D5 DONE! :drinker: Woot Woot :drinker: Now that my 5k is over, I'm thinking about going to every other day for shred. And maybe, just maybe, I can go a week straight later on :noway:

So I decided to show my mom what the video was about and then she asked if I'd start the dvd over for her and I to do together, I couldn't tell her no I just did it, so I did it AGAIN for 'day 6 level 1' ..I know I'll be achy tomorrow...
  • louloubabydoll
    louloubabydoll Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Well done Delphic Scorpian, can't belve you survived L2.
  • nopeekiepeekie
    nopeekiepeekie Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    So I decided to show my mom what the video was about and then she asked if I'd start the dvd over for her and I to do together, I couldn't tell her no I just did it, so I did it AGAIN for 'day 6 level 1' ..I know I'll be achy tomorrow...

Nice!

I think I've come to terms with the fact that the dumb scale IS NOT going to show me what I want until I'm done with this program. When my muscle pain finally subsided from L1, I moved to L2 and now it's back, which means more lovely water retention (not to mention I'm creeping up on TOM!) Oh well, at least my jeans are falling off. :laugh:
  • nopeekiepeekie
    Options
    Shredders! Where did you go? Just popping in to say I hit the halfway point today. 15 days down, 15 to go!
  • RushinBruisette
    Options
    So far I've completed L1D7, starting d8 here soon, on day 10, I'm gonna attempt level2 :) Keep it up all, you're doing great!
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    I am still here!!! I am on L2 I think like Day 4 or 5 a little behind schedule but I am going to start it again in October really I see this dvd is something that can be incorporated in whenever you want a good 20 min workout! I can't wait to see who our BIGGEST LOSERS are for September though! Keep it up everyone! :bigsmile:
  • RushinBruisette
    Options
    Day 9 in the books ;) I think I sweated more today than any of the others because I find myself pushing harder, going lower, and digging a little deeper. Feels great!! Tomorrow is day 10 which will still be level 1, and then Friday I will attempt level 2 :)

Keep up the great work all!!
  • Jena_72
    Options
    Day 9 in the books ;) I think I sweated more today than any of the others because I find myself pushing harder, going lower, and digging a little deeper. Feels great!! Tomorrow is day 10 which will still be level 1, and then Friday I will attempt level 2 :)

Keep up the great work all!!
    I am currently on L2 but I don't feel like I am giving it 100% some of the things in level 2 are really hard so I end up modifying the move but then I don't feel like I am really doing enough. Oh well I know I just got to keep doing it! I am hoping to get it together over the next couple days and try out L3 on saturday. :-)
  • xLyric
    xLyric Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I'm liking level 3 a lot... Each level seems to get shorter and shorter (though I know they're not...).

No time to exercise today, but since if I had I would have convieniently ended on the last of the month, I'm going to stick to that. Maybe I'll do it twice one day, who knows. :P
  • Fruchtzwerg
    Fruchtzwerg Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm planning on starting the 30 day shred tomorrow...I have some questions you guys might be able to help me with:
    1. Is it very hard? I'm exercising every day - just completed EA Active Sports 6 Week Challenge on the Wii (on "medium") but as this is a Jillian Michaels workout I'm just wondering if I'm going to die :wink:
    2. Will I need any equipment? Weights, etc.?
    3. Did you get any results yet?

Actually, can't wait now to start! :happy:
  • louloubabydoll
    louloubabydoll Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Missed 2 days now, will hopefully get the mind set to start back 2nite
  • Jena_72
    Options
    Hi, I'm planning on starting the 30 day shred tomorrow...I have some questions you guys might be able to help me with:
    1. Is it very hard? I'm exercising every day - just completed EA Active Sports 6 Week Challenge on the Wii (on "medium") but as this is a Jillian Michaels workout I'm just wondering if I'm going to die :wink:
    2. Will I need any equipment? Weights, etc.?
    3. Did you get any results yet?

Actually, can't wait now to start! :happy:
    LOL No your not going to die! Like she says she has 400 lb people doing theese things so Yes You Can!
    2. hand weights and a mat 3 lb weights are good then work up to 5lb
    C. I can feel my core!
    This is a great way to get in strengh training!! Good Luck You can do it!!
  • RushinBruisette
    Options
    Day 10 is long gone :drinker: ...which means I will attempt level 2 tomorrow.. :indifferent: Hope you all are having a successful week! :heart: Bru
  • mookiemoo
    mookiemoo Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I put it on to look at it as I was sore from circuit training yesterday and ended up doing level 1 !!! I'm glad she wasn't shouting at me as I really wasn't in the mood to be bossed around.

jumping jacks were hard and all the bum kicks and jumping rope thing I had to hold my belly so I could jump - how yuck is that :(

Ive been inspired by this thread so Ive recorded mesurements and taken before photos

wish me luck
  • nopeekiepeekie
    Options
    Missed 2 days now, will hopefully get the mind set to start back 2nite

I've missed two days too. Might have to miss another today, I just can't seem to shake this illness I've gotten from my lovely children!
  • RushinBruisette
    Options
    Holy flippin' plank bombs!! :noway: Jillian is trying to kill me!! :laugh: But I'm 11 days in total and day 1 level 2 in the books..:drinker: I could do some of the plank moves due to lack of traction on my floor so I just held the plank move itself. All in all, great workout, I was literally dripping sweat onto the floor. :drinker: Now, lunch time :)
  • RushinBruisette
    Options
    I still dripped with sweat today, but the planks weren't so bad this time around! L2D2 complete :)
  • Ebth2306
    Options
    Hey guys,
    I'm back! Fell off for a little bit, but I am ready to start again. I figured since it had been a week, I would start over.

I do have a question for those of you that can help me out. I had a cyst removed from the top of my wrist a month and a half ago. I cannot do push-ups, bending my wrist that way and then putting my weight on it, is just not possible. It may sound stupid, but I have to do them the girl way and use fists instead of flat palms to the ground. It works, but I am not sure if I getting the benefits of a regular push-up.

What do you think?
    Also for those of you that are on level 2, do you think that it will be hard for me as well?

Lauren

I know I am late to the party <grin> but have you tried push up bars? The are suggested for people who find push ups tweak their wrist. It makes the push ups a little harder but may be a life saver for you.

Just my 2 cents ;)
  • RushinBruisette
    Options
    Just completed Day 3 of Level 2. I find the planks are pretty easy for me, but that whole squat with ' v ' raises thing gets me everytime. :grumble: Hope you all are still truckin' along!! I'm taking measurements Wednesday morning (which means I'm officially halfway :noway: Tuesday evening)...as soon as I get my measurements, I'll be sure to post them :drinker: Enjoy the rest of the weekend!! :heart: Bru