Have you become one of those preachy people?

Options

Replies

• jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    So, do you find yourself giving advice and preaching to people about their eating/exercise habits?

Nope, I view dieting like I view abortion.

Their body, their choice, my opinions are not relevant.

I like you.

I cook too. ;)

And from the looks of your PP, you like to shoot. I think I like you too :love:
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Nope. If someone asks for my advice, I give it to them straight-up, based on my personal experience, research, etc. I do not ever give unsolicited commentary to anyone.
  • brandynot
    brandynot Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I try my best not to be "preachy" unless asked specifically about my weightloss. I know I am by no means the "authority" on losing weight but I do try to give honest feedback and tips when asked.

But I should add that lately I have kind of avoided the topic from even coming up. It irritates me to no end when people ask my advice and dont follow it. Especially when they see me continue to lose consistently, ask again how I am doing it, and yet again give me EVERY excuse why they CAN'T do it. Seems like wasted discussion and time. :ohwell:
  • towens00
    towens00 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    If people ask, I'm more than willing to discuss and advise. I would never tell someone not to eat cheetos though...that's just blasphemy. Note that you can get your nutrition on and get your fitness on and be a rockin' individual and still eat some cheetos from time to time.

For the record I don't disagree with you, but seriously, is there an organized clandestine group on this message board with a determined mission to start a "you can eat whatever you want debate" in every thread?

Again - I don't disagree....not trying to start a **** storm...just getting annoyed at the same conversation in every thread.

Yes....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRzqwx6L7JHzVHB-XOPFg5osni9a8oShPlBpVA1ibfqcdhcj5I4lA

...our mission is to combat the dieting majority who think you have to suck on celery sticks and substitute everything delicious with cauliflower to be healthy and fit.

^^^^^^^ Yep
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    If people ask, I'm more than willing to discuss and advise. I would never tell someone not to eat cheetos though...that's just blasphemy. Note that you can get your nutrition on and get your fitness on and be a rockin' individual and still eat some cheetos from time to time.

For the record I don't disagree with you, but seriously, is there an organized clandestine group on this message board with a determined mission to start a "you can eat whatever you want debate" in every thread?

Again - I don't disagree....not trying to start a **** storm...just getting annoyed at the same conversation in every thread.

Yes....

...our mission is to combat the dieting majority who think you have to suck on celery sticks and substitute everything delicious with cauliflower to be healthy and fit.
    That too. Look at threads that go there, and 99% of the time it's started by someone saying such and such food is "bad for you" and often in the OP itself.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    I try my best not to be "preachy" unless asked specifically about my weightloss. I know I am by no means the "authority" on losing weight but I do try to give honest feedback and tips when asked.

But I should add that lately I have kind of avoided the topic from even coming up. It irritates me to no end when people ask my advice and dont follow it. Especially when they see me continue to lose consistently, ask again how I am doing it, and yet again give me EVERY excuse why they CAN'T do it. Seems like wasted discussion and time. :ohwell:

it usually is a waste of a discussion, I don't bother. When they're ready, just like I did, they'll make their way to the roght info,
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Not here, none of my business (although to be fair I don't really hang out with many people either). I do make comments to my husband sometimes though, but I know it's probably not really helping...
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

Why, what have you heard?

/whisper/ this one knows too much.
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options

an MFP conspiracy to get people to not hate food?
    yesitis2.gif
  • luckyshilling
    Options
    Preaching is against my religion:wink:
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options

Hai guise
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options

Hai guise

Have we been outed?
    Do we get cute costumes?
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    I give people fitness related advice only when they ask for it.

Me, too.
  • VeggieKidMandy
    VeggieKidMandy Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I dont mean to be, but i do catch myself sometimes. Not to friends or co workers ,but when it comes to my family i tend to be a bit preachy about trying to eat the right foods. I ususally get told to eff off lol
  • GamerGirly
    GamerGirly Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    You've been a member since January and you've lost 5 lbs..

I find it a bit hypocritical of you to try and give someone advise on their diet.

Your life, my life, or their life.. only business is your own. Mind it.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options

Hai guise

Have we been outed?
    Do we get cute costumes?

I picked these out earlier...don't know about cute, but I think we'd all look pretty cool...and clandestine as well...

• AccioHotBod
    AccioHotBod Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    lol no.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options

an MFP conspiracy to get people to not hate food?
    yesitis2.gif

tumblr_m28hkeHIeS1r5yh4yo1_500.gif
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

Yes....

Do I get a sword this time?

Please?

I'm kinda tired of carrying the book bag with all the comic books . . . :angry:
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options

Yes, we meet tri-annually at a secret country mansion in Colorado, known as The Meadows