Girls do you like a nice guy? You just friendzoned him

Options

Replies

• sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    It's just that you're bordering on pathetic with these constant threads. The other morning I took a peek over here, and you had started every single thread. You're obsessive, dude. And stop with the "girls" crap. Unless you're hitting on school kids, adult females are women. Stop blaming them. You started off funny but turned annoying as f***.
  • Fithealthyforlife
    Fithealthyforlife Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    I haven't met enough single women my age yet in order to find someone who's good for me. It takes time and effort to meet people. You can't expect someone to magically drop into your lap (like I used to). I suspect this is the main issue for other men/women, too.

Another thing is, not everyone has chemistry with everyone else. As guys, we overestimate the number of women we actually have chemistry with due to how we're wired sexually. The brain plays tricks on us and makes us think that a woman we find attractive is one who we would have chemistry with. But really we're just guys, and we're attracted to a lot of women because that's how we've evolved. So, not all women are going to like all guys, even if the guys are perfectly good human beings who are interesting and attractive, and vice-versa. Often, guys think they like a woman, but then realize after the fact that it was their brain tricking them. Men tend to overestimate chemistry/compatibility due to our sexual wiring.

The third thing is having an elitest attitude. It's not going to get someone, male or female, very far, if you convey it to those you're interested in dating by looking down upon them. It'll just make people dislike you.

Another key vaiable is learning to not infiltrate a woman's life and overload her like you're a virus instead of a human being. That's what people mean, believe it or not, when they say not being a quote "nice guy". You use the term "nice" to justify your behavior. "Oh, I was just being nice." Not really, though.

The final thing is that some women aren't willing to make a shift form being "just friends" to romance, even if the guy is willing. There are just some people, men and women, who don't like this sort of shift. It makes them almost feel like they've been cheated the whole time. For others who know where they're headed in life and are more free-spirited, it's not such a big deal.

In summary, the solution for most men (or women) is:

-Meet more people.
    -Be kind/generous with your humanity and let your attractive side show while avoiding disparaging behavior toward yourself, the person you're interested in, and other people.
    -Avoid intentional "peacocking" displays and don't allow an elitest attitude to show. (Better yet, learn to overcome it at its source.)
    -Realize not everyone is attracted to everyone else, and there's nothing wrong with that.
    -Don't infiltrate a person's life like a virus or be too pushy. (How would you like it if somene did this to you?)
    -Realize that some people are unwilling to go from long-time friend to lover, even if you are, because it makes them feel cheated on.
    -Hang in there, and keep your eyes and heart open for that person you have mutual chemistry with. But keep it in your mind's eye, and don't wear it on your sleeve, so-to-speak. (You're not looking to wipe the floor with it!)
    -Be open to people who don't seem to fit your ideal "type".

• BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I don't want a man who caters to my every wish and demand, who is afraid of hurting my feelings, who is constantly offering to help me when I don't need help, who has no interests or hobbies of his own. Telling me I'm pretty and/or awesome multiple times a time just makes me uncomfortable. I won't even "friend-zone" a man like that. They drive me nuts.

I want a man with a personality, independence, strength of character, decision making , and problem solving skills, who has his own life.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    "Nice guy" = entitled man with poor social skills who believes that women owe him sex (or a relationship if he's the type who insists that it's not about sex) if he displays the bare minimum of being (or pretending to be) a decent human being.

wow,, thats escalated quickly,, but u say poor social skills and owe him sex or its not about sex? well i agree to disagree,, i agree on its not about sex,, and i disagree at owe him sex and poor social skills,, thats not true,, it still depends on the person or attitude etc,,, and about pretending or being? ,, well im a nice guy and for me,, once a nice guy will always be a nice guy and decent human being,,and thats true,, not pretending,, but its up to u,, if u believe me or not,, what am I to u that i will force or convince u to believe me,, because like what i said on my other thread we are the same humans, and i hope all of us are to the positive side and path,,

You totally missed the point. A 'nice guy' is a guy who is decent, up until the point where a girl refuses/turns down a relationship offer. He then whines about being 'friendzoned' because apparently being a decent human being equates to being rewarded with sex in the mind of a stupidly high number of males. Normal nice guys exist too, except they're rare and elusive.

Yes. There's a huge difference between a genuinely good person and a self-proclaimed nice guy who then goes on to complain that he always finishes last.

A good person does good because it's the right thing to do, and doesn't expect a payoff for his good deeds.

The self-proclaimed nice guy does good because of what he thinks it will get him. He treats good deeds as deposits in a bank account that he intends to withdraw later, with interest.

Personally, I hate the whole concept of "friend zone" and how some guys treat dating like it's a video game, and if they play the right moves, they'll get rewarded, and if they play the wrong moves, they get penalized and "friend zoned."
  • Gabrielm80
    Gabrielm80 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    Please don't confuse nice guys who were friendzoned and fake guys who think they are friendzoned. Or confuse a good friend that crushed on you snap after you whined for the hundred time about why can't you find a good guy, as something more than him saying the wrong thing while his feeling are hurt.and than compair it to someone who pretends to be nice to only get in your pants. No you don't have to go out with someone just because they are nice to you, but just because they have an emotional break down and profess their love which usualy ends the friendship didn't make them a fake person. Just meant they were on a one way street in love, and got to the point they had a all or nothing moment. Blame all those romance story's we all hear about how they met as friends and than one day there was a spark and now married 30 years. Every guy friend I know that crushes on a friend I appluad him making the leap and push for the relationship. In order for those great love story's to happen, many friendships have to crumble in the wake of chance. Love is a numbers game, and any success always has a risk of failure.

That said I know some of the women on here that say all friendzoned claims are just *kitten* pretending so they feel
    Entitled to sleep with you I bet had a bad experience. Nice guys don't try wait to get a friend drunk and try to break the friendzone wall, than gets angry when you say no. That's called a date rapist. I know too many nice guys get friendzoned to let them be identified as such a scummy person
  • Gabrielm80
    Gabrielm80 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    So glad I'm in my 30's all my hopeless in their 20's nice guy friends are getting the women of their dreams in their 30's
    Young lady's have a laundry list of requirements for turn ons.
    Must be atleast 5'10''
    Must dress hip
    Must have edge
    Must have only a hidden sensitive side
    Must be a challenge to be worth it
    Must be outgoing
    Must be crazy out going

By their 30s most my female friends changed
    *Height requirement changes to their head must sit perfectly on their man while hugging
    *Must wear the things I buy
    *Must be reliable
    *Must be responsible
    *Must not have a hidden psyco side
    *Must not challenge by being unfaithful
    *Must be able to be open while talking one on one.
    *Must not leave a sink full of dishes
    I didn't put up much physical requirements because let's face it ugly men get attractive women all the time. Usually because, as vain women can get, a lot of women do seem latch on to genuine guys really often. So any true nice guys do shine when their 30s
  • candifeola
    candifeola Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I full friend zone nice guys.....but I usually date my friends sooooo
  • PhoenixStrikes
    PhoenixStrikes Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    When I met my husband I fell for him because of how kind he is. This whole nice guys get friend zoned thing is a cop out for guys who don't know how to talk to women they like. If you like a girl let her know it, don't try and be her friend and some how weasel your way in later.
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    "Nice guy" = entitled man with poor social skills who believes that women owe him sex (or a relationship if he's the type who insists that it's not about sex) if he displays the bare minimum of being (or pretending to be) a decent human being.

I'm sure this is what a lot of women tell themselves to rationalize behavior.

Because from this statement, there appears that there are no quality men. Nice guys are wolves in sheep's clothing, and bad boys are just wolves.

No, there are also plenty of men who don't believe that a woman owes him sex/a relationship just because he treats her with basic decency. All the women who are saying, "But I married a nice guy!" mean that. The "nice guy", as opposed to a person who is genuinely nice, see a woman as a prize he is owed for performing a particular set of behaviors, instead of seeing her as a person who has her own wants, needs, and preferences that may or may not be in line with his.
  • alisonlynn1976
    Options
    It's incorrect to see a dichotomy of whiny pushover who deserves sex for being a pushover vs. complete jerk who uses and discards people. Do those stereotypes exist? Sure. Is every man in the world one or the other of those? Of course not. We're complex human beings, not cartoon characters. The supposed "jerks" who get lots of women aren't as horrible as the socially awkward men assume they are. Actual jerks don't do so well. Confident men who are happy, outgoing, charming, assertive without being disrespectful, all that good stuff, those are the ones who get the most action (and/or end up in happy, fulfilling long-term relationships).
  • Tinyfigure
    Tinyfigure Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I really don't get this. Of course I'm flattered if someone shows an interest in me. But, as bad as that sounds, if I'm not interested back, am I supposed to still say yes just so that he can feel good about himself?

I'm always nice when I explain to a guy why might not work out.. He is not interested in every woman, so why should I be interested in every man?
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I don't want a man who caters to my every wish and demand, who is afraid of hurting my feelings, who is constantly offering to help me when I don't need help, who has no interests or hobbies of his own. Telling me I'm pretty and/or awesome multiple times a time just makes me uncomfortable. I won't even "friend-zone" a man like that. They drive me nuts.

I want a man with a personality, independence, strength of character, decision making , and problem solving skills, who has his own life.

Well said!!!
  • runner2runner
    runner2runner Posts: 1,937 Member
    Options

So I'm guessing you like jerks than?
  • Achaila
    Achaila Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I have only been in 3 serious relationships in my life and every one of them with a nice guy. I dated a guy from 15 until I was 18 - nice guy. 18 until 22 - nice guy. The guy I am with now and have been with for over a year - nice guy. All of them hard workers, family men, independent, smart, funny, sweet, educated, dependable. That's what I go for. Someone I can make a life with. I'm a homebody. I'd rather stay home and watch a movie than go out to bar. I guess if I went for the bad boy type that would be a problem. I also don't like to have to worry about cheating, lying, him being unemployed. Yup, I like a man with a good head on his shoulders. Never went for the bad boy type.
  • Terry_21
    Options
    jerks do give girls adrenaline rush ...but nice guys r always the best..Nice guys treat u right.

there was a friend of mine really sweet & nice..he liked me .. He gathered strength and proposed..now he is my bf..i luv him like crazy. :heart:
  • Jeneba
    Jeneba Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    There is such a thing as Passive Aggression..... I am finding your threads to be hostile, especially since you continue to call those whose behavior you despise "girls."

http://www.upworthy.com/when-this-guy-explains-why-women-wont-date-him-you-may-roll-your-eyes-but-2-minutes

You are not OWED anything. And - please don't worry - you are not especially nice.

Just sayin.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I married him. Though he is also my best friend.
  • iceqieen
    iceqieen Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Again,

I think Jenna Marbles said it best......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VXXXX9iVPI

I am married to a great man, he is nice among other things.. you wont catch him saying he's a "nice guy" though. My best friend is a really nice guy, among other things, and I dont hear him complaining "nice guys finish last" when talking about his love life. I have lots of guy friends.. alot of them are in relationships.. and all of them are nice (sortof a requirement for me to call you a friend :P ) . The only guys I have heard seriously complain "nice guys finish last" are not what I would call nice guys or there are other reasons why they cant get a girlfriend.

tumblr_mfh7a3y8LU1qzp6lvo1_500.jpg
  • alisonlynn1976
    Options

So I'm guessing you like jerks than?

False dichotomy, bro, false dichotomy.

Actually, I do dig the arrogant "player" types, but I'm weird that way. Most women (who are into men, let's not forget that not all women are) prefer men who are neither arrogant players (not all of whom are jerks, by the way) nor whiny, entitled douches who consider friendship a sucky consolation prize.
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    I have been with my partner for a long time, and I have several male friends. None of these friends are in a 'friendzone', they are simply friends. They will not be called upto bat if my partner and I ever split up. Thats just weird.