How Long Before Someone Noticed Your Loss??

Replies

• Alexc2012
    Alexc2012 Posts: 20
    I lost 5-7 pounds before anyone noticed my weight loss. Of course, I didn't receive an "Oh great job" compliment.... Instead my sister & bestfriend (male) decided to tell me I look sick.. Never a compliment :ohwell:
  • castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    2 stone (28lb), more or less. Since that point, everyone seems to be noticing! I'm built like a tank, though, so losses are probably less obvious on me than on someone with a smaller frame.
  • Only my mom has said something.
    Do not get me wrong, I love my mommy but....

it will be so nice hearing it from something else... :ohwell:
  • I think my co-workers started to notice at about 15 pounds. My husband said he can't really tell (oh joy) where it's coming from but he knows I've lost weight. I think it shows mostly in my face. I'm down 28 pounds in 6 weeks so I can't complain. I don't care where it's showing from at this point...just that it's gone! LOL!
  • at my last job, I was the most hated person on staff - so it took 60lbs before anyone would say anything. And even then, it was due to our board members making a big deal about it. At the new job, I cut my hair and someone says I look like I"ve lost weight. Obvi, I like it here more! :tongue:
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,340 Member
    People started to notice after I had lost about 15 lbs. But I lose in my face and tummy and hips first so clothes got loose quickly. It depends on where you lose it.
  • I read something and its so true: 6 weeks before you notice a difference, 10 weeks before your friends notice and 12 weeks before the rest of the world notices. it takes time, I had to lose about 15 pounds before I noticed a majot difference, an\bout 20 pounds before my friends and jsut revently everyone else has noticed. its a great feeling when someone you dont see often does a double take and says "wow, youve lost a lot of weight!"
  • kbc525
    kbc525 Posts: 149
    My boyfriend has yet to notice or say anything. We live together -so I guess it's because he sees me every day... My mother says she's noticed (especialyl when the scale wasn't budging but my inches were shrinking)... the only person at work who has noticed is another weight battler...

People who haven't seen me in a month or so commented and complimented me on how skinny my legs have gotten and asked if i lost weight...
  • aodc909297
    aodc909297 Posts: 86 Member
    I'm down 16 pounds (from 151 to 135). My husband says he notices (but I'm sure it's because he knows I'm frustrated). My sister told me I looked "skinny" after about 12 pounds. The true test is going to be my overly critical mom whom I will see this weekend. I haven't seen her since I started losing weight. I'm hoping she says something POSITIVE to me about my weight loss! Although, deep down inside I really don't care as long as I know I'm improving my fitness, that's all that really matters. :smile:
  • Guitarjon
    Guitarjon Posts: 204 Member
    It took about 22 lbs for people to notice both me and my partner. She lost weight much slower than me and people noticed it on me first. Then as she reached the same 22 lbs people started to comment on her too.
  • About 15 lbs and people started to notice it in my face.
    at 20 lbs more and more people are starting to notice and I'm getting a lot of compliments.
  • Friends/family noticed after about 5 pounds, work colleagues after about 7 and boyfriend after about 8-9. Everyone mentions now :-)
  • curly1986
    curly1986 Posts: 98 Member
    Somebody asked if I was losing weight yesterday for the first time... I'm down 22.4lb so far...
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    I've lost around 32 lbs and someone at work just noticed, it was also my first day back from a 2 week vacation. She asked how much and I told her and she gave me a hug and said, wow, I didn't think you had that much to lose. I told her I'd like to lose 25-30 more She looked at me and said really, you look great now. She felt bad for not noticing sooner and I said, I must carry my weight really well.

My face takes a while to thin down and I'm still waiting to lose in my chest. I think that makes it harder to tell.
  • Nutella91
    Nutella91 Posts: 624 Member
    around 45 days
  • Nutella91
    Nutella91 Posts: 624 Member
    i lost like 6 pounds
  • slatts75
    slatts75 Posts: 32
    around 45 days

About the same length of time for me - I'd lost only about 2 pounds but I'd been working out and my clothes were fitting much better.
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    I think people started noticing after about the first ten pounds but I am 65 and I think most people were afraid to say anything because they were thinking, "Oh no, what if she lost weight because she's sick? I'd better not say anything." If I bring up the subject of how much more I'm exercising, they will say, "You look fabulous--you obviously have lost weight! Are you dieting too?" I tell them that I would consider what I have done as more of a life-change. I eat different things now. What I used to eat (even though I was never a big eater) made me fat but what's worse, it made me sick. I was so sick and tired that I could barely move in the past. Now, I have lots of energy to keep up with my grandchildren. :smile: Whether people notice or not doesn't really matter.
  • Hi,
    I have lost 9 pounds and just one or two people noticed but I had blood work done and there are big changes! After I have started walking @10,000 steps a day there was a huge change in the blood work results. The internal changes are keeping me motivated so a doctors check up may be a good way to measure the great changes to your body that no one else can see but are so important to our health! Keep up the good work, it is worth it.
  • LuvDarkChocolate
    LuvDarkChocolate Posts: 145 Member
    Well not a soul right now.....but in the beginning stages of starting a new life style change. Not feeling too bad, but hoping that by talking to myself in the mirror will be enough for right now :bigsmile:
  • LizDHarris
    LizDHarris Posts: 42 Member
    34lbs lost and dropped 2 dress sizes, and a whole new wardrobe - still no comments from my Husband! Thankfully I have some great friends who have noticed (all female and I hope no just due to the new wardrobe!). Once I hit goal I went for a professional makeover & photo shoot. the compliments I got from these was amazing.
  • melfitnesspal13
    melfitnesspal13 Posts: 377 Member
    Sometimes I think people don't say anything because they fear offending you.

It is almost as if they say something they are indirectly saying you were fat before..but it would be nice to get that extra compliment. My co-worker is so excited for me she tells me every time she hasn't seen me for a few days. I can't tell when I look in the mirror at all but when I look at my monthly body shot updates I see the change. Doesn't matter, what matters is I am looking/feeling much better! Love my coach Robin, who helps us all out for FREE, thanks beach body! :smile:
  • jennz81
    jennz81 Posts: 194 Member
    My husband and my parents have noticed, and my mom usually comments that many jeans look baggier than normal. Nano one at work has said anything yet, so I don't think I've lost enough for anyone to notice.

I think that when I've lost at least forty to sixty pounds, someone might notice.
  • Rkthach
    Rkthach Posts: 33 Member
    I read somewhere that it takes about 4 weeks to notice it in yourself, 6 weeks for family and friends, and 12 for the rest of the world.
    My fiance (who is also long-distance) says he's noticed a change in my attitude. That I seem happier.
  • davypr86
    davypr86 Posts: 145 Member
    Well, my parents always notice it since the beginning, lol.

But I had my first random comment on my weight at 20 lbs.

I get it every now and then. But I expected more comments from people that haven´t seen me in while.

The biggest problem is that I haven´t bought new clothes. I don´t want to waste money buying clothes that will soon be too large.

But by wearing my already large clothing, my weight loss is less noticeable. I don´t know what is your situation or if other people have suggested it, but you might want to buy tighter clothes so the loss is more noticeable.
  • SWink06
    SWink06 Posts: 73 Member
    I'm down 39 pounds and still waiting. lol I guess that's what happens when you start out at 333 pounds!

My husband in the last couple weeks has been noticing, though. He will point out little things that he's noticing, which is a great ego boost. I half believe him and half think he's just trying to be really supportive. :)
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    I've dropped 50+ pounds, yet no one has said a word. I guess at my age people are afraid that I'm "sick" again. I don't worry about it but only enjoy buying new clothes. :flowerforyou:
  • paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    Family straight away, just mention you are on a fitness kick and they notice :O but certainly after the first month there was a huge difference (about 6kilo's worth) Work collegues and friends a couple of weeks for obvious weight loss to appear, they (work collegues) noticed that i'd completely changed my eating habits and i mentioned i was tested for high blood pressure immediately.

Didn't see any local friends til around the 3 month mark by which time my weight loss had slowed but the difference i looked almost half the person i was the last time they seen me. Yeah i know friends and not seeing doesn't seem to add up but i'm a solitary person for the most part and not a party animal plus we all work different work hours so it's almost impossible to keep intouch in person.
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    I commented earlier that nobody at work is really noticing.

I'm a nurse, I went to work today and no less than 5 people said something to me. They didn't say I'd lost weight, but other compliments such as; you look so fresh and happy, you look pretty today, you're full of good energy.

I loved it, because losing weight is a side effect of my healthy life journey. It's awesome that people are noticing other positive things about me!

I'm just tickled, it felt so good to get compliments and made me realize there's a lot more to me than my weight.
  • mayonie1
    mayonie1 Posts: 296 Member
    I lost 2 pounds and everyone noticed me at work and my hubby too. I'm losing inches more than scale, I used to have big tummy I guess that's why.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!