Note to Miley Cyrus.....

Options

Replies

• UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I think the truth is that she screwed up and made bad decisions...and now she has to play it up like that's just who she is now...

Sad.

Wow, thanks for the insight into someone else's mind. Some people act like that, it makes them happy and they enjoy it. End of story. Don't run around proclaiming someone 'screwed up' just because you don't like how they're acting. People change and Miley is big enough to make her own choices.

I was, of course, referring to her need for rehab, drug problems, etc...

Now she's putting on the "party girl" persona. Maybe it makes her happy...doesn't mean it's not sad.

So...what you're saying is it's sad that another human being is happy?

I'm sorry. Are we now viewing narcotic abuse as an acceptable lifestyle?

Honestly, I understand that a lot of you want to defend her right to be whatever and do whatever she wants. That's fine. That doesn't really change the fact that she is publicly humiliating herself and will likely one day regret the fool that she has made of herself. Yes, we all made bad choices in our youth. The fact that it is a rite of passage doesn't mean that people shouldn't point out how stupid your behavior is.

I'm sorry, are we now assuming she's a druggie? I never said anything about her lifestyle was acceptable, or that I even thought what she was doing was right or okay. But it's also not acceptable to make such assumptions about someone just because they're famous. You don't know if she's 'screwed up and now playing along', you don't know if she abuses drugs or alcohol and you don't know if she's humiliating herself.

I don't care if you have an opinion, just don't run around making assumptions and spreading bull**** about people based on how you view their behaviour.

Who's making assumptions? She's very open about her "lifestyle" choices. And as the person before brought up, her several stints in rehab have been highly publicized.
  • Its funny cause its not socially acceptable if she does it but yet anyone can go out or be on YouTube or instagram or whatever and its just dandy. That makes no sense at all. Personally her behavior didn't and doesn't shock me at all. When I saw her performance on the VMAs I just said hey "just a girl being human doing what she likes." And people are having a hard time still discerning miley Cyrus from Hannah Montana. that was a character.. . and parents need to stop giving imperfect humans especially teenagers and young people as role models to their kids and try being their kids role model. Because imperfect people are going to be imperfect and won't always do what you feel is acceptable.
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I think the truth is that she screwed up and made bad decisions...and now she has to play it up like that's just who she is now...

Sad.

Wow, thanks for the insight into someone else's mind. Some people act like that, it makes them happy and they enjoy it. End of story. Don't run around proclaiming someone 'screwed up' just because you don't like how they're acting. People change and Miley is big enough to make her own choices.

I was, of course, referring to her need for rehab, drug problems, etc...

Now she's putting on the "party girl" persona. Maybe it makes her happy...doesn't mean it's not sad.

So...what you're saying is it's sad that another human being is happy?

I'm sorry. Are we now viewing narcotic abuse as an acceptable lifestyle?

Honestly, I understand that a lot of you want to defend her right to be whatever and do whatever she wants. That's fine. That doesn't really change the fact that she is publicly humiliating herself and will likely one day regret the fool that she has made of herself. Yes, we all made bad choices in our youth. The fact that it is a rite of passage doesn't mean that people shouldn't point out how stupid your behavior is.

I'm sorry, are we now assuming she's a druggie? I never said anything about her lifestyle was acceptable, or that I even thought what she was doing was right or okay. But it's also not acceptable to make such assumptions about someone just because they're famous. You don't know if she's 'screwed up and now playing along', you don't know if she abuses drugs or alcohol and you don't know if she's humiliating herself.

I don't care if you have an opinion, just don't run around making assumptions and spreading bull**** about people based on how you view their behaviour.

Who's making assumptions? She's very open about her "lifestyle" choices. And as the person before brought up, her several stints in rehab have been highly publicized.

Using drugs doesn't make her a narcotics abuser. And I haven't heard anything about her going to rehab. Then again, I'm from NZ so we really don't class that as important news.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I still can find it sad, though that a lovely young woman feels she has to go to such lengths to get attention. She shouldn't. She has a lovely voice, she's a pretty girl. I just don't get the need for the over the top antics.

This is my sentiment. But I really don't care for any of the pop singers "shock-value" performances. If I like their music, I'll download it, but I would never buy tickets to any of their shows because I don't find trashy performances entertaining.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    what i have learned from this thread is that if you include "Miley Cyrus" in the title, you will get hundreds of replies.

now i'm off to create a "Bang, Lick, Rate, Dr. Oz, Date, Miley Cyrus, or Raspberry Ketones?" thread.

wish me luck... i may just break the internet with this one. :happy:
  • E_Cee83
    E_Cee83 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    -
  • E_Cee83
    E_Cee83 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I love how this picture captures the wedding ring on Robin Thicke's hand.

I wonder what his wife thinks of this. LOL!

well his wife was there watching.... if he was any kind of a husband im sure he wouldve told her eactly what was happening.... besides, if i was his wife, id be more pissed off about his film clip than a little girl pretending to be a hooker.,.. LOL Althouhg, his wife was probably watching the making of the film clip too.... i know i wouldve been! ;-P
  • mdj1501
    mdj1501 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    miley_zpsfc604933.jpg

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • mxclark1
    mxclark1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Who?
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options

Absolutely, I'm sure those women are "her girls"... they weren't at all meant to be human accessories for her new "look". The fact that for the most part their faces weren't shown during the performance I'm sure was a mistake. And that she pretended to do sexual acts to them as if she was in charge and they were in service to her (as opposed to them doing things to her as well in a sort of "equal" relationship) I'm sure was just a coincidence.

That is what I find offensive about her latest stuff. The 'Can't be Tamed' stuff was fine but now it appears to be a Miley Cyrus Black(face) Minstrel Stripper Show. :noway:

And that's not cool.
  • Coyla
    Coyla Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    all the naysayers sound like the people who were upset with Elvis Presley and all of his "bad" behavior.

Miley's performance was a far cry from Elvis. I just wonder when we'll draw the line. Is there a line we can draw here? In five years, will there be a 17-year-old girl completely nude and performing sex acts on stage for attention? Will that be acceptable? I mean, she's having "fun," right? I just wonder how close we are to finally hitting bottom with all this pop culture trash.

I don't know. I'm just fed up. Thank goodness there are still a few classy ladies out there, beautiful, intelligent ladies, who are sexy and okay with their sexuality, but not okay with selling it for public consumption.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    Who?

there is this wonderful thing called Google....
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Yes there are worse things. But as someone who, like it or not, was a role model for young girls not so many years ago, she's in a position to continue to influence those who grew up with her. She seems to be screaming at everyone to forget Hannah Montana, forget the Disney image/affiliation and send a huge FU to her dad. I don't listen to her music,, anymore, and I didn't watch her on the MVA last night. But even I, an old lady with less knowledge of pop culture than just about anybody, saw and heard about her performance. No it has no effect on my life, and how she chooses to live or perform is none of my business. I still can find it sad, though that a lovely young woman feels she has to go to such lengths to get attention. She shouldn't. She has a lovely voice, she's a pretty girl. I just don't get the need for the over the top antics.

Low self esteem.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options

Um...she has never been to rehab. You might be thinking about Lindsay Lohan? TBH, I think Miley works very hard and is professional about her obligations (unlike LL), but I do roll my eyes at her over the top behavior.
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    all the naysayers sound like the people who were upset with Elvis Presley and all of his "bad" behavior.

Miley's performance was a far cry from Elvis. I just wonder when we'll draw the line. Is there a line we can draw here? In five years, will there be a 17-year-old girl completely nude and performing sex acts on stage for attention? Will that be acceptable? I mean, she's having "fun," right? I just wonder how close we are to finally hitting bottom with all this pop culture trash.

I don't know. I'm just fed up. Thank goodness there are still a few classy ladies out there, beautiful, intelligent ladies, who are sexy and okay with their sexuality, but not okay with selling it for public consumption.

and Elvis' behavior was a far cry from who his naysayers were comparing him too.

here's the thing...you dont have to watch. :)
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options

I wouldnt say im on Team Miley but i find her music entertaining. and Party in the USA is a legit great song.

i dont get the hate for acts like her. its fun music.

Fun music. With a rich white rich woman playing dress ups of being an under priviledged, poor stripper.

The music isn't so bad - that it has to be packaged like this is just really gross.

AND the singing last night was pretty *kitten*.
  • mary29033
    Options
    She's 20 years old and has been in the public eye for more than half her life. Her decisions lately have been questionable but give her a break. She'll grow out of it eventually. Just hope her family stands by her because I think she could use some time with a shrink.
  • Laces_0ut
    Options

I wouldnt say im on Team Miley but i find her music entertaining. and Party in the USA is a legit great song.

i dont get the hate for acts like her. its fun music.

Fun music. With a rich white rich woman playing dress ups of being an under priviledged, poor stripper.

The music isn't so bad - that it has to be packaged like this is just really gross.

AND the singing last night was pretty *kitten*.

rich white rich? is that she's rich that bothers you most? :D jk

artists of all kinds try to be provocative. id rather they take chances than be bland.
  • Yogeros
    Yogeros Posts: 19
    Options
    :sad:
  • mspoopoo
    mspoopoo Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    It was embarrassing.