Your Thoughts of Big Girls in Bikinis ?

Options

Replies

• FitCanuckChick
    FitCanuckChick Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I wore my first bikini EVER when I was 34 years old - it was my first sunny holiday. I had just lost about 60 lbs and we booked a trip to Jamaica. I weighed 165. But, I had the mommy body, stretch marks, loose skin - it all. My travel agent told me to buy one biikini to take with me and to trust her. So, I had two full coverage tankinis and 1 two piece standard black bikini. I wore one of the tankinis one day, and the rest of the time I wore the bikini. That was the single most liberating body image experience of my life. We tend to be soooo judgemental about the perfect body in NA, but in Jamaica (and many carribean countries) that simply isn't the case. I now don't even own a one piece. My only thing is make sure it fits you - that is the most important thing. No matter what your size just make sure it fits right.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    If you want to wear it, if it fits, and if it's not breaking any laws in your area re: modesty and coverage, WEAR the damned BIKINI. Those who matter won't mind. Those who mind, won't matter.
  • niftyafterfifty
    niftyafterfifty Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I don't think wearing a bikini is a necessarily a sign of self respect, regardless of the person's size.
  • MandaPaigeSparkles88
    MandaPaigeSparkles88 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Seeing a woman in a bikini turns me on. Period. End of story!
    That's the answer every woman is looking for!

HA HA HA ... What can I say? I LOVE the female body in all it's shapes and forms. Just show me some skin and I am happy!!!!!!!!!! I wish I could get my wife to buy into my line of thinking. She dresses like a nurse in a snow storm at the pool and at the beach.

You have to be the man of my dreams. Best quote ever!!:heart::blushing: :love: :flowerforyou:
  • FirecrackerJess
    FirecrackerJess Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I'd say more power to her.

I myself have never worn one, and the issue came up 2 days ago for me. I went to my schools gym for the first time. I go to ASU so a lot of girls there, and I wanted to do the water aerobics they were going to do, but they would not let me in the pool with shorts and a t-shirt. Said it had to be a swimsuit or some sort of boys water shorts and some sort of shirt, like the kind surfers wear or something (no idea what the hell they meant). So for now, no pool for me because I will not wear a bikini, just can't. Maybe one day, but not now.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I don't care what your age or weight is. If you feel confident and comfortable in a bikini, there is no reason why you shouldn't wear one proudly.

This!

Good for anyone who has the confidence to flaunt it.
  • TheConsciousFoody
    TheConsciousFoody Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I'd say more power to her.

I myself have never worn one, and the issue came up 2 days ago for me. I went to my schools gym for the first time. I go to ASU so a lot of girls there, and I wanted to do the water aerobics they were going to do, but they would not let me in the pool with shorts and a t-shirt. Said it had to be a swimsuit or some sort of boys water shorts and some sort of shirt, like the kind surfers wear or something (no idea what the hell they meant). So for now, no pool for me because I will not wear a bikini, just can't. Maybe one day, but not now.

Why not get some board shorts and a tankini top?
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    I do get judgmental, don't want to lie. Just think we all should be realistic.

But bikini is ok... Imagine NO bikini.

ive been to nude beaches and seen 60+ years old women and men. That's much more painful to see than some fatty in a bikini.
    Some of them had major plastic surgeries done too.

Don't get me wrong, most people are gorgeous there but suddenly you see a 200 kg naked woman who's nipples are hidden in the rolles of her belly fat. That's impressive.

You must enjoy judging people and that's why you go to the nude beach. And the sentence about 60+ and the last paragraph.... wow, I'm glad you are not planning to get old and that your breasts will always magically defy gravity. I'd feel sorry for you, if you weren't so nasty.
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    i wouldn't even notice her... must be because I live in a city and see people from all walks of life daily.
  • barbie3000
    barbie3000 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I wore my first bikini EVER when I was 34 years old - it was my first sunny holiday. I had just lost about 60 lbs and we booked a trip to Jamaica. I weighed 165. But, I had the mommy body, stretch marks, loose skin - it all. My travel agent told me to buy one biikini to take with me and to trust her. So, I had two full coverage tankinis and 1 two piece standard black bikini. I wore one of the tankinis one day, and the rest of the time I wore the bikini. That was the single most liberating body image experience of my life. We tend to be soooo judgemental about the perfect body in NA, but in Jamaica (and many carribean countries) that simply isn't the case. I now don't even own a one piece. My only thing is make sure it fits you - that is the most important thing. No matter what your size just make sure it fits right.

I love this!

I grew up in a very weight-conscious family -- my mother was tiny, and my sisters were small. Everybody was always dieting. But God forbid anybody wore a bikini at our family cottage! Everybody was so self-conscious, it was unreal. Then when I was 15 I went on a French exchange with a family in Montreal. And they had a pool. The mother was a large, confident woman who was in her bikini all the time. It completely and totally changed the way I saw sexiness and confidence.
  • HeyImMarcus
    Options
    Honestly', A friend or myself would probably point her out and have a giggle about it.
  • 1longroad
    1longroad Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't comment out loud, but have thought 'did they look in the mirror and see their butt crack hanging out?'

Personally I would never wear a bikini, but when I have my bathing suit on, I just knock out the nay sayers with my bat arms!!! Shuts em up every time! ;-)
  • Hexahedra
    Hexahedra Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Just a quick note to those that are saying, "nobody wants to see a size XX in a bikini" ... well, I'd like you to consider that if someone is a size XX and wearing a bikini (or anything for that matter), they probably don't give a fruck what you think. It might behoove all of you to be a little more concerned with your shallow attitudes and the misbelief that your opinion actually matters than what someone else is wearing.
    A question was asked by the OP, so she obviously cares. I'm answering her question, not making a statement to you.

I'm not gonna volunteer my opinion about big girls in bikinis if nobody asks, as I'm quite sure they either don't care or would rather not hear it.

Well, I think your opinion is garbage, that's all.
    There's a saying de gustibus non est disputandum, in a matter of taste there's no dispute. I am not attracted to big girls in bikini and I'd rather not see them. From the very beginning I have stated that it's not illegal and it's entirely their business, but you can't make me like it. I have been quite careful and respectful, but now you call my taste 'garbage'. Marvelous.

I don't like saggy pants either. I respect people's right to dress however they like, but I don't have to like them.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    big boobs and butts men love it
  • gerard54
    gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big fan of thigh gap, so you can assume how I feel about this topic...
  • Mechanikitty
    Mechanikitty Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I find myself mesmerised by anyone else's bared flesh, I had really(really) crippling self-confidence some years ago. I hated my bare arms and didn't show them in public. It's much better now and frankly I'd rather see someone's jiggly bum than someone too embarrassed to wear a t-shirt in public.

Any self-confidence is good self-confidence, even if there's a whole lot of it on show!
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    I like big butts and I can not lie
  • TruckersWifeTruckersLife
    Options
    I own a couple of bikinis but i wear a t-shirt over them myself but i say good on her for having the courage to go and wear it a lot of us wouldnt do that:flowerforyou: :drinker: :smokin: :smile: :smile:
  • Restybaby2012
    Restybaby2012 Posts: 568 Member
    Options

I'd applaud her for being true to herself