Women who put on muscle fast

Options

Replies

• LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    I wish lifting weights caused my body to become photoshopped.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    A lot of people are fast to say it takes a lot for a woman to bulk and that's not really true. I know that I don't like muscular arms and that's why I don't lift heavy. I may not bulk up like a body builder, but lifting heavy can give me Jillian Michaels arms and I don't like that.

People need to realize the reason why man is in woman. A woman can bulk up too. It takes hardly any lifting for some women to get muscular arms fast. Every woman is different and people need to realize that.

Man is in woman why? For a good time? Giggity! Or is this just a quirk of the English language. Why, maybe!

As to Jillian Michaels' arms....

main-jillian-michaels.jpg

I'd say being lean is probably her biggest asset in that. If you aren't lean, you aren't going to have her arms.

or do you mean the strong shoulders and arms that are shown here (and possibly slightly photoshopped...)

jillian_michaels_leaning.jpg

She's been working out for years to get to that.
    I'm a guy and I'd love to understand how you all "get muscle" so quick. And on a deficit. Because I don't. You must be testosterone godesses.

My suggestion is that what you are seeing isn't muscle but the layer of fat on top of muscle and perhaps a bit of water retention.
    You might think you are bulking up and it might appear to you as that but unless you are at a low bodyfat% and then muscly ... well it isn't muscle.

Or, if it really is, please share your method because it beats the months of training I've been trying to complete.

It's not the methods, it's the genes.
    I assumed she meant she gets bulbous muscles, which is what I get and consider bulky.

Let's put it a visual way.

labo_rmn3tjambesx400.jpg

In a normal person you can see above the fat layers on the left and the water content on the right. What you think is "bulbous" muscle isn't - or is at best normal muscle covered by layers of fat. If you think that you are building significant muscle - you are not, this is physiologically limited and requires significant hormonal activity from testosterone and/or steroids what you are seeing is water loading of existing muscle and the fat layers.

During the process of exercising swelling increases and creates a swollen look from water retention due to both imflamation and glucose compartimentalisation.

It appears bulky but it isn't muscle building which takes a lot of time and effort. And protein.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    A lot of people are fast to say it takes a lot for a woman to bulk and that's not really true. I know that I don't like muscular arms and that's why I don't lift heavy. I may not bulk up like a body builder, but lifting heavy can give me Jillian Michaels arms and I don't like that.

People need to realize the reason why man is in woman. A woman can bulk up too. It takes hardly any lifting for some women to get muscular arms fast. Every woman is different and people need to realize that.

Jillian Micheals does NOT have big arms..... you must be joking- right. I don't even consider her to be really ripped... she's just in a great over all shape- but in the world of fitness- she's on the lower end of "ripped" and no where NEAR bulky.

that's so laughable off base it isn't even funny.
  • Fithealthyforlife
    Fithealthyforlife Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    I do build muscle quiet easily and I love it, especially on my upper body, I really love that v tapered Look, broad shoulders tiny waist.. but I mean its obvisouly not everyone preference... i also love big quads and a tight bum but again not everyone cup of tea....

If you can see cuts between the major muscles, like biceps and triceps, or quads and hamstrings AND they appear big, then it's muscle with low body fat. If you can't see any division between those, and they are shapeless, then the person has extra body fat.

Not to single you out, but profile creeping briefly (forgive me!), you're one of those lucky women who can build muscle better than many. I see definition even though you're not flexing and you have a normal, healthy percent bodyfat. I wouldn't say you look "muscular" right now, but definitely very "athletic".

Btw, I love shoulders, quads, and tight behinds on women as well. Keep up the great work! :-) Btw, how long you been lifting?
  • thatonegirlwiththestuff
    thatonegirlwiththestuff Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I have a propensity to gain muscle very quickly too. This site is unfortunately full of a lot of people preaching whatever they hear. ''Squats are the best exercise ever!'' ''Counting calories is the only way to lose weight!'' I lift heavy and my muscles did in fact grow a lot from it. Perhaps that's not the ''norm'' when it comes to the majority of women, but claiming that woman who lift don't bulk up is pure B.S. Some of us do.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    In for before and after pics of women who think reducing body fat and revealing muscle that was already there = building new muscle

+2
  • bokodasu
    bokodasu Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I feel like doing one of those 5-minute before-and-afters - walking around at work, I have normal female arms. Give me some NO and a couple of bicep curls and I will look like Muscle McVascularity. I avoid looking "bulky" by not lifting at my desk. (Or lifting my desk, except in extreme cases of work-related rage.)

There are some women who really are good at putting on muscle. I've never met any of them, personally - every single woman who's told me she "bulks right up" is 30%+ bf. And immediately stops lifting after that first day of muscle-swelling you get when you start out, because oh no, my arms so big!
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I have a propensity to gain muscle very quickly too. This site is unfortunately full of a lot of people preaching whatever they hear. ''Squats are the best exercise ever!'' ''Counting calories is the only way to lose weight!'' I lift heavy and my muscles did in fact grow a lot from it. Perhaps that's not the ''norm'' when it comes to the majority of women, but claiming that woman who lift don't bulk up is pure B.S. Some of us do.

lulz.

I think we would all just love to see pictures from the ones making these claims, yourself included. Less talk and more "proof."

The pictures posted in this thread thus far certainly aren't helping your side of this discussion.
  • RGv2
    Options

:huh:

So calories in vs calories out isn't how you lose weight?
  • thatonegirlwiththestuff
    thatonegirlwiththestuff Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options

lulz.

I think we would all just love to see pictures from the ones making these claims, yourself included. Less talk and more "proof."

The pictures posted in this thread thus far certainly aren't helping your side of this discussion.

44866138_6771.jpg

My quads and arms have grown significantly from lifting heavy. Again, perhaps not the ''norm'' but I do in fact put on muscle quickly.
  • RGv2
    Options

lulz.

44866138_6771.jpg

My quads and arms have grown significantly from lifting heavy. Again, perhaps not the ''norm'' but I do in fact put on muscle quickly.

Before Pic?

Difference in measurement?

Is the PIC post lifting session?

How large of a caloric surplus are you at?
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

lulz.

44866138_6771.jpg

You're not exactly bulky. How many years have you been working out and what are you doing? I don't think you have much to complain about. Your build is what many of us are talking about in regard to a reasonably low BF% combined with a little muscle build. It's still slender, but fit.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    Please tell me what I can do to get this "problem". I would like to put on muscle fast, and at a calorie deficit. Right now my legs are even more bulky than their normal huge selves because I am very sore. But I also had a DEXA scan last week and although I have gained some muscle, I have actual photographic evidence that there's sadly not nearly as much muscle as I would like on these tree trunks. So the slow process of fat loss goes on...
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    I'm at about 18% body fat. I'm ambivalent about my ability to pack on muscle. I like what it's done for my butt, making the area between my thigh and my derriere much more defined. I don't like the choice between being this lean or looking bulky. I would love to be softer looking, even though I kind of like my curvy legs. I'm not sure if I love my arms or hate them. On the other hand, more muscle mass helps you live longer and retain the ability to live independently. And I LOVE the idea that men are struggling to put on muscle, while I do it just because I work out twice a week for 30 minutes.

P.S. I've lost a bunch of muscle in the past, while I was sick and couldn't eat, and my rear end was very sad. Even though I have this love/hate relationship with my muscles, I eat extra protein to keep them.
  • RGv2
    Options

lulz.

44866138_6771.jpg

You're not exactly bulky. How many years have you been working out and what are you doing? I don't think you have much to complain about. Your build is what many of us are talking about in regard to a reasonably low BF% combined with a little muscle build. It's still slender, but fit.

Yep
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    1377571935.jpg?t=1377571936

1377750952.jpg

How long would you guess I have been lifting? Arms has only been three months and I am up to 15-20 pounds right now. Legs has been all body weight exercises.

I would also like to add this is all while at calorie deficit.

Are you trying to say that you think you have more muscle definition than you'd like in your arms and legs?
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I get terribly fed up with being told women don't bulk up, or women don't look like body builders without steroids. I put on muscle very easily, and although I don't end up looking like a body builder when I do heavy weights, I certainly get rather manish in the arms and legs. When I rowed a lot I had very big arm and thigh muscles, and was certainly not on steroids. I didn't even eat much protein by most people's standards (being vegetarian).

So are there any other women on here like me, who actually do get big muscles doing weights, and don't really want them?

I'd love to see pictures of these "mannish" arms and legs. I think it's your perception. I'm bulky on account of all the fat on my body. I have a very high LBM compared to most women my height, but the bulk is from the fat, not the muscles. :flowerforyou:
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I thought Fast Gaining Women existed only in a land with Unicorns and Nessie...... You mean to tell me they're REAL!?!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    In for before and after pics of women who think reducing body fat and revealing muscle that was already there = building new muscle

Yes, post pics, please!
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options

lulz.

I'd also like to see the pics of the bald spots these women undoubtedly must get as a result of having such high testosterone levels.