Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I put on muscle pretty easily. Look. I put on 14lbs

20127619_7924.jpg20127619_65.jpg

.... of not all muscle.
    Eating 2500-3000 calories a day.
    Lifting heavy weights 2 to 5 days a week.

hey. Hey.

Can I lick your arms?

Oh. Is this the wrong place for? Sorry. I'll see myself out.

10/10 would see
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I find it interesting all the boys commenting on this thread about how a female body is supposed to respond to exercise. Get over yourselves, fellas.

Says the woman that writes "eat like a woman, train like a man". Ironic.

I studied human physiology, human cellular transport, comparative micro biology among other things. I could tell you how a fruit fly responds to cAMP inhibitors, no need to be a damn fruit fly to do so.

Edit:quotes.
    +1

I didn't even recognize you from the avatar. Quite the departure from your regular pics.
    lol what's that suppose to mean! How are my regular pics! How is this pic!

In your other pictures - the feeling is more "strength" and "bad *kitten*", while in your current picture, it's more focused on artistic softness. At least that's what I get from it.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Perception is a witch.

mfnAdco.jpg?1

eVtiXk9.jpg?1

Have I gotten bulky? Is my back/shoulder area more muscular?

Nope. Just less of a fat *kitten*. Which, and this is gonna be mean, is something some of the woman on here who are convinced they 'gain muscle fast' could work on. I know, rude...but not untrue.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I find it interesting all the boys commenting on this thread about how a female body is supposed to respond to exercise. Get over yourselves, fellas.

I studied human physiology, human cellular transport, comparative micro biology among other things. I could tell you how a fruit fly responds to cAMP inhibitors, no need to be a damn fruit fly to do so.

+1

I didn't even recognize you from the avatar. Quite the departure from your regular pics.

:laugh: Your others are usually just normal snapshots of you. This is like.... sexyeyeslayingonabedinacorset.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options

+1

:laugh: Your others are usually just normal snapshots of you. This is like.... sexyeyeslayingonabedinacorset.
    You obviously missed the bra pics :p Also, it's a fashion corset, I can wear that one in public without weird looks :p

But thank you!
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    I do a lot of cardio to counter my naturally tendency to put on muscle quickly. I also spend a lot of time working on flexibility, as big muscles seem to go hand-in-hand with no flexibility.

Okay. That's it. My stomach hurts. I can't laugh anymore today or my calorie deficit is going to go too high and I'll hit starvation mode. :laugh:

I saw no double entrendre in my post. But I'm glad you got humor from it.

He's laughing because your post makes zero sense.

Ever done a bulking phase? One avoids cardio in order to grow muscle mass, as cardio can be catabolic. If the goal is to reduce muscle mass, one would engage in a lot of cardio. ie; more cardio= lower muscle mass= less bulk.

This probably has to do with slow twitch versus fast twitch ratio within a person. My biology education is at the undergrad level, so I'm not up on the minutia of cellular composition.

I've done a few bulking/cutting phases and I don't avoid cardio in my bulking phase.
  • jonnythan
    Options

+1

You obviously missed the bra pics :p Also, it's a fashion corset, I can wear that one in public without weird looks :p

But thank you!

Well *kitten*. I need to pay more attention.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    I love how this originally didn't make it past page 1
  • megalin9
    megalin9 Posts: 771 Member
    Options

Yeah, and where are all those ladies now? Seems they have vanished.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    A lot of people are fast to say it takes a lot for a woman to bulk and that's not really true. I know that I don't like muscular arms and that's why I don't lift heavy. I may not bulk up like a body builder, but lifting heavy can give me Jillian Michaels arms and I don't like that.

People need to realize the reason why man is in woman. A woman can bulk up too. It takes hardly any lifting for some women to get muscular arms fast. Every woman is different and people need to realize that.

lololololol :laugh:
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options

.... of not all muscle.

hey. Hey.

Can I lick your arms?

10/10 would see

:bigsmile:
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

Oh my gosh! I didn't even noticed this was a zombie thread. It even had the famous AZachery in it. LOL.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

.... of not all muscle.

hey. Hey.

Can I lick your arms?

Lady muscle love is never wrong....:flowerforyou:
  • KateK8LoseW8
    KateK8LoseW8 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Ladies, you do not put on muscle fast. You may increase your strength and lose fat, making your flexed muscles LOOK bigger, but they aren't. Building muscle beyond small "newbie gains" requires eating above maintenance and lifting heavy weight, so unless you've been doing that for at least a year, you haven't managed to "pack on" 15 lb of muscle.

I'm going to us my own pictures as an example of this optical illusion.

PpPtaKxl.jpg

In the top picture, I weighed 190 lb and my arm circumference was 14". In the bottom picture, I weighed 165 lb and my arm circumference was 12".

I lost inches, but seemingly gained muscle! How, you ask? I removed some fat, making the muscle more visible. Sure, I eat enough protein and lift heavy to maintain what muscle I have while losing fat, so maybe the proportions are a bit better, but there is no way in hell my bicep muscle is actually bigger.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    Ladies, you do not put on muscle fast. You may increase your strength and lose fat, making your flexed muscles LOOK bigger, but they aren't. Building muscle beyond small "newbie gains" requires eating above maintenance and lifting heavy weight, so unless you've been doing that for at least a year, you haven't managed to "pack on" 15 lb of muscle.

I'm going to us my own pictures as an example of this optical illusion.

PpPtaKxl.jpg

In the top picture, I weighed 190 lb and my arm circumference was 14". In the bottom picture, I weighed 165 lb and my arm circumference was 12".

I lost inches, but seemingly gained muscle! How, you ask? I removed some fat, making the muscle more visible. Sure, I eat enough protein and lift heavy to maintain what muscle I have while losing fat, so maybe the proportions are a bit better, but there is no way in hell my bicep muscle is actually bigger.

Good illustration, with numbers to boot. Good progress too.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    20130824_034836_zps70fb325f.jpg
    omg I LOVE your skirt! Where did you get it?!

CoderGal is that the leopoard print with the hip strap things?

I'm making it :) I was up at like 2 AM when I took those pictures- I'm so excited- I'm hoping to have it done tonight or tomorrow! Thank you by the way- I"M SO EXCITED about it. :D

can post up some older pictures when I have access to my computer with similar numbers- 170/175- I've never been "fat" but and I have always been muscular and strong- but I can show you fairly closely side by side the same difference in body fat making me look WAY moar bigga'

yeah I said way moar bigga'

MOAR MUSCLES!!! LIFT ALL THE THINGS!!!
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    A lot of people are fast to say it takes a lot for a woman to bulk and that's not really true. I know that I don't like muscular arms and that's why I don't lift heavy. I may not bulk up like a body builder, but lifting heavy can give me Jillian Michaels arms and I don't like that.

People need to realize the reason why man is in woman. A woman can bulk up too. It takes hardly any lifting for some women to get muscular arms fast. Every woman is different and people need to realize that.

lololololol :laugh:

There seems to be some confusion between muscular arms and defined arms. Many women feel that defined arms are too muscular, even though they are actually smaller than the saggy arms that they had before.

It's a perception issue that seems based in...um. Well I don't say what it's based in because that would be mean. Instead let's say based in ignorance. Every now and again I'll see women on my feed throwing in the towel for heavy lifting because their pants fit righter or their arms are getting bulky and if you ask them if they have pictures or measurements or if it's the day after lifting and they're swollen as hell they get pissy and tell you they know what they see/feel and you're wrong.

It's so frustrating.