What's your fav change about your body from weight loss?

Options

Replies

• ttmspeace
    ttmspeace Posts: 240
    Options
    What a lovely thread, so full of positivity!

When I started getting healthy, back in January, I started the C25K program and I went out running in the dark, and stuck to the residential streets near my house that I knew hardly anyone walked down, because I was ashamed of how I looked (esp. in running clothes).

When I went out for a run last Saturday, I thought I looked great, and I went out in the afternoon sunshine and ran by two villages, past people drinking coffee and shopping, and was proud to do so. (I'm not saying I look like a supermodel, but *I* think I look good and that's all that matters).

This was totally unthinkable 8 months ago, and my favourite feeling so far - to be fine, even happy, with people looking at my body.

I also threw out my running skirt the other day - I don't feel the need to cover my *kitten* any more!
    Your post made me smile and giggle at that last part. Because I bet your *kitten* is awesome and needs no skirt!! Awesome job Sunshine,keep running down those crowded streets turning heads,but dont cause a wreck lol:)
  • ttmspeace
    Options
    Very early on in my weight loss
    and I haven't lost what I would call a great deal ,but honestly my skin feels so smooth and soft ..
    I must have been stretching it to the limit or something because now it feels so different and nice!

sounds wrong I know but ya get that:wink:
    It doesnt sound wrong,and yes i get it! I am a skin freak ,love soft skin. This is great keep it up you are going to love the rest of the changes headed your way:)
  • ttmspeace
    Options
    So many things! I have abs for the first time in years. I love being able to see my bone structure, hips, collar bones, cheek bones etc. My bum has completely changed shape. However, the best change of all, is my outlook on life :)
    Agreed ,it is awesome !! You look great !!
  • ttmspeace
    Options
    i finally have a waist and a gap between my thighs !!!
    It is amazing how much having a waist is so wonderful!! Good job,you look great :)
  • Briargrey
    Briargrey Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I still have 100 to go, but already I feel awesome. My favourite, since I travel all the time for work, is not having to use seat belt extenders on airplanes any more and fitting more comfortably into the seats, even of the tiny puddlejumper that gets me home. I also love that my partner can spoon me longer because his shoulder isn't raised up to wrap around my body but rests comfortably (bad shoulder = less time snuggling). - he was happy with me any way, but this was his 'oh wow, you are doing great' moment :)

The good annoyance - knowing I need to buy some smaller work clothes right now but if I keep going at the rate I am, I won't be in them for long!
  • sophsw
    sophsw Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Being fit, healthy and strong..... plus looking good in smaller size clothes and all the compliments that go with losing weight
  • ttmspeace
    Options
    I was obese at age 16 - & with a family history of diabetes I was pretty scared. I joined the gym to lose weight but I also learnt to cut out so much junk food from my diet. Besides being able to fit into normal sized clothes now, losing weight taught me to care for my body! I exercise 4 times a week, walk everywhere and eat well -- I recently ran a blood work and everything is perfect!
    Awww that is wonderful,you are a very pretty girl,I am so proud of your success !!
  • ttmspeace
    Options
    My shoulders are awesome!!!
    Yes they are :) you go girl ,beautiful!
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    My ability to be active. I'm running, I can do pull-ups, I've done obstace races, I take my soon to be 2 year old daughter in the jogging stroller and she loves it. Stairs no longer kick my *kitten*. Plus I FEEL good, generally, some days though I feel worn out because I ran too far or worked too hard but it's a GOOD worn out :)
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I am starting to fit back into 36 waist pants and I am starting to "eye" the 34 pants sitting in a dusty corner in my closet!
  • ttmspeace
    Options
    I still have 100 to go, but already I feel awesome. My favourite, since I travel all the time for work, is not having to use seat belt extenders on airplanes any more and fitting more comfortably into the seats, even of the tiny puddlejumper that gets me home. I also love that my partner can spoon me longer because his shoulder isn't raised up to wrap around my body but rests comfortably (bad shoulder = less time snuggling). - he was happy with me any way, but this was his 'oh wow, you are doing great' moment :)

The good annoyance - knowing I need to buy some smaller work clothes right now but if I keep going at the rate I am, I won't be in them for long!
    That is awesome!! and I know you will keep going,because we got this :) Keep it up sweetie you are doing amazing!
  • ttmspeace
    Options
    Being fit, healthy and strong..... plus looking good in smaller size clothes and all the compliments that go with losing weight
    Yes all of these are great ,I bet you get lots of compliments !WTG!!
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    My collar bones showing is nice, I think it makes my shoulders look better. I also like the fact that, while I'm still hourglass shaped, my hips have got a lot smaller. I was also very happy to buy knee high leather boots in the winter as my calves had shrunk!
  • ttmspeace
    Options
    My ability to be active. I'm running, I can do pull-ups, I've done obstace races, I take my soon to be 2 year old daughter in the jogging stroller and she loves it. Stairs no longer kick my *kitten*. Plus I FEEL good, generally, some days though I feel worn out because I ran too far or worked too hard but it's a GOOD worn out :)
    WOW,these are all great things:) 93 lbs. that is amazing ...you rock!! keep it up :)
  • ttmspeace
    Options
    I am starting to fit back into 36 waist pants and I am starting to "eye" the 34 pants sitting in a dusty corner in my closet!
    That is great !! I have no doubt those 34 will not be in that corner for long !! Keep it up:)
  • ttmspeace
    Options
    My collar bones showing is nice, I think it makes my shoulders look better. I also like the fact that, while I'm still hourglass shaped, my hips have got a lot smaller. I was also very happy to buy knee high leather boots in the winter as my calves had shrunk!
    ohhhh that is great ,you just so made me realize i to will be able to do that ,im a shoe freak:) I know you rocked those boots ,you look great :)
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    ohhhh that is great ,you just so made me realize i to will be able to do that ,im a shoe freak:) I know you rocked those boots ,you look great :)

Thanks! I wore them to work all the time! Unfortunately I did get called a MILF lol (I'm a teacher).
  • StripedSmoker
    StripedSmoker Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    My belly not looking stupid in slightly tigher shirts! :D
    ...on the other hand I have to wear belts now all the time to keep my pants up, but that's a little sacrifice of comfort compared to the greater gain of less sweating, feeling lighter all together and slimmer arms :)
  • Rkthach
    Rkthach Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I love my shoulders and am starting to be able to see my collar bones. I also have shoulder blades! I haven't had those for years!! Also, my fiance told me he likes be able to hug me closer.
  • ttmspeace
    Options
    My belly not looking stupid in slightly tigher shirts! :D
    ...on the other hand I have to wear belts now all the time to keep my pants up, but that's a little sacrifice of comfort compared to the greater gain of less sweating, feeling lighter all together and slimmer arms :)
    Those are all great!! I was actually excited to be able to wear cute lil. belts again! and yes the less sweating is soooo flipping awesome lol.......you are doing great ,keep it up pretty girl!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!