Women who put on muscle fast

Options

Replies

• BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I build muscle easily... but I like it!!!

zDcF7.gif

OK, so obviously I'm wrong, and now I have a question... an honest question and hopefully I'll get a reply from a non-*kitten*. Every time I lift I gain strength. i.e. I fail at a higher weight the next time I lift. How are gaining strength and gaining muscle different?

Training for pure strength and training for hypertrophy (size gains) are different, but in the beginning your muscles are going to respond favorably to heavy stimulus regardless of which one you focus on. So, to a very limited degree, yes an untrained individual can "put muscle on easily" but it is a very limited amount of muscle, and most of what the individual will see changing is glycogen and water retention. If they keep training, they will likely watch themselves get smaller over time if they have fat to lose.

There are some interesting demonstrations of the differences here between true bodybuilders and power lifters (honestly there is not much difference for me or anyone else in this thread here as we are talking highly trained individuals), but while the powerlifter can lift more weight for a 1 rep max, the body builder (all else being equal) will likely be able to do more repetitions when the weight is dropped down. This is where you will see the discussions on slow twitch and fast twitch muscle fibers, which is why bodybuilders will do both high weight/low rep work and lower weight/high rep work.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

zDcF7.gif

OK, so obviously I'm wrong, and now I have a question... an honest question and hopefully I'll get a reply from a non-*kitten*. Every time I lift I gain strength. i.e. I fail at a higher weight the next time I lift. How are gaining strength and gaining muscle different?

Come on, lighten up. It's a forum. No need for name calling.:drinker:

gaining strength =/= gaining mass.

When you lift you become more efficient. Your body is learning how to recruit more motor units in a more efficient way to lift more weight. Increased motor unit recruitment.

In a deficit, it is also maintaining LBM.
  • BeachIron
    Options
    I don't need to provide evidence to you. It's clear you're just tagging along.

Hear that Beach? You're officially just a jonnythan fanboy. You're in my entourage now.

entourage-hug-it-out_zps16cc5b53.jpg
  • JaxDemon
    JaxDemon Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Wow, this thread kinda blew-up even worse. Couple things that people seem to confuse:

1. Appearance of muscle definition is NOT an increase in muscle mass but rather a sign that body fat has been lost.
    2. Newbie gains from beginning strength training is not bulking up, if newbs even gain a full inch I would be surprised.
    3. A % increase in LBM is also NOT the same as adding sheer inches / centimeters (choose your preferred measure) in your muscle mass.

Like I said earlier, if it COULD truly be done then bodybuilders would never ever go through a bulk stage and then a cutting stage. You don't even need the scientific evidence if you just consider that concept. It is a royal pain in the *kitten* to have to go through phases of dieting (calorie excess / calorie deficit) like that and if people could just add MEANINGFUL size by eating at maintenance or calorie deficit then it would be done and you would never hear "bulking phase" come out of anybody's mouth again.

The issue is bodybuilders (Pro's mainly) are all juiced out their minds. A lot of them when in contest prep are injecting all sorts and they use really high doses. While in calorie deficit they can possibly still gain lean muscle while on stuff like tren/dbol and other compounds.

Here is one guy who stuck himself in an environment to build muscle and lose fat the first video is the transformation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTVWrknCISE

But here is the video telling you what he took to achieve it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWvu-yE1TwU

To end this debate in a timely fashion I may as well say do the following

1:Take certain steroids
    2:Eat in calorie deficit
    3:Gain muscle
    4:Lose fat.

But this is about naturally doing it which loads of people have claimed to have done, however finding a female version is proving to really difficult mainly because most women don't find muscle attractive on themselves or they have not logged it due to the criticism they will get and the other issue is some of the man pics I see you can't be sure they have not juiced you can only take their word for it.

Thread is a can of worms.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options

zDcF7.gif

They are different, and not equal at all. Just look at the people who have went down in size and are lifting significantly more weight then they could over the span of years. It's more to do with your muscles learning what order to fire, not making them bigger. That's why you can get tremendously skinny dudes at the gym lifting a fair bit of weight when they're trying to put on bulk but failing miserably because they're not on the calorie surplus needed to gain muscle size. And you can get people who have the genetics to be muscular but if they don't spend time in front of weights their lifts are crap. Hopefully someone gets back to you with the more sciency version of things are firing in an order lol. It's been to long since I've last looked into it.
  • CoderGal
    Options
    I do put on muscle easily, even at my age and weight now. I am blessed with gorgeous legs, although they are short (I am only 5'2") that never got cellulite even when I reached 145 pounds overweight. I have nice calves and I love them. Now, my arms and shoulders look like I should be in the NFL- hugely bulky they get very easily, and that's not the look I personally am after, so I only use light weights and do lots more reps. I do love how heavy weights make my back look though!

At any rate, no matter what I do, I end up huge and bulky up top, and little on the bottom- kind of reminds me of some of those weird looking barbie dolls (not actually barbie, but you know the new strange looking ones with the big heads), lol.
    People carry fat in different places. Having low fat somewhere or high fat somewhere doesn't mean you put on muscles easy. And by the sounds of it you have weight to lose, what you are seeing on top is likely 'bulk' from fat. Pics could help confirm.

And the dolls you're comparing yourself to are called Brats lol.
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I literally can't handle this thread anymore. Pages and pages of people making all kinds of sense, and women (and men apparently) are still showing up saying they can "put on muscle" or "get bulky" (aka, increasing size) while losing weight. I'm going to share my pictures again as well for the folks who might just be showing up:

See the (little) definition in this arm?
    ry%3D480

It was under all of THIS:
    ry%3D480
    (Not a good comparison, but I didn't exactly take flexed arm shots on a regular basis 6 years ago.)

My arm did NOT get bigger.

What the frack is so hard to understand about this?!?!

I know right??
    Damn girl, you look incredible!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • BeachIron
    Options
    Should be more of a reason for you to get your head out you *kitten* and come back when YOU DO KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT. instead of being an arrogant mr know it all who refuses to even read actual posts in a thread from more people who actually have a CLUE about what they are talking about hence why they are on a forum about building a better body over someone like yourself who just wants to be skinny.

I'm not sure what metric you're using to separate those who know what they're talking about versus those who don't. You don't seem to have a lot of experience or knowledge yourself, so you have a few "fitness experts" or something you've identified from the muscle forum or Youtube or whatever that are 100% right... and anyone who disagrees with those people is an idiot.

Now you're lashing out at someone who is calling you out on the fact that you're completely unable to support a claim that you're making.

Take a step back here. Reevaluate the depth of your own knowledge and think about the specific reasons you believe what you believe on this topic. If you are honest in this evaluation, you will see things rather differently.

On another note, you keep saying to BeachIron that he "just wants to be skinny." I have no idea where you got that idea, but it's certainly not the case.

Nope I don't think you're an idiot. You actually have contributed to this debate whereas Beach as not he's just agreed with what others have said providing little knowledge on it at all. Anyone can look good agreeing with someone they presume is correct.

Not lashing out tbh just don't like cling on's who take it upon themselves to tell me to get a clue when he doesn't have a clue about what he's on about himself. It would be much easier to find a male who's lost weight and gained muscle over a female as many women think they are gonna get huge.

Don't need to take a step back lol.

I also don't keep saying beach is skinny lol I said it once so no need to exaggerate.

Dude BeachIron is more knowledgeable and experienced than I am. He's also bigger and stronger than I am. If anything, I'm agreeing with him.

You...... Well. Hm.

Thanks, but I'll be the first to say that size =/= knowledge, and that you have the B.S. not me. My degrees are in law and business.

I am not big and will never be big because I'm not going to juice, but that actually is a substantial part of the point here. Even men who train hard and do it without chemical help aren't going to be very big once all the fat is stripped off of them, unless they are seriously genetically gifted or on something. Even Arnold at comp weight was only about 225 and we all know that he juiced. Ronnie Coleman is over 300 but do we even need to discuss chemicals there?

So, backing away and looking only at natties, you aren't going to see very many huge guys there. Most of the guys that walk around thinking that they are "hyoooge" are overweight. Period. It is not just women. Which is also a big part of what is going on in this thread.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

It's Bratz with a Z, cause Zs have so much more attitude than Ss.

Bratz_logo.png

In one week, I've given an explanation of pencil skirts and proper spelling of Bratz. I need to chill out or people will start getting the wrong idea.
  • CoderGal
    Options

It's Bratz with a Z, cause Zs have so much more attitude than Ss.

ProdBratz%20Logo.jpg

In one week, I've given an explanation of pencil skirts and proper spelling of Bratz. I need to chill out or people will start getting the wrong idea.
    LOL you know way more about being a girl then I do. You're way better then the engineering girl who sat next to me stretching in dance class and whispers "Whats on her fingernails" *detailed pictures* reply: "Nailpolish?" At least I'm doing better then her lol.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Should be more of a reason for you to get your head out you *kitten* and come back when YOU DO KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT. instead of being an arrogant mr know it all who refuses to even read actual posts in a thread from more people who actually have a CLUE about what they are talking about hence why they are on a forum about building a better body over someone like yourself who just wants to be skinny.

I'm not sure what metric you're using to separate those who know what they're talking about versus those who don't. You don't seem to have a lot of experience or knowledge yourself, so you have a few "fitness experts" or something you've identified from the muscle forum or Youtube or whatever that are 100% right... and anyone who disagrees with those people is an idiot.

Now you're lashing out at someone who is calling you out on the fact that you're completely unable to support a claim that you're making.

Take a step back here. Reevaluate the depth of your own knowledge and think about the specific reasons you believe what you believe on this topic. If you are honest in this evaluation, you will see things rather differently.

On another note, you keep saying to BeachIron that he "just wants to be skinny." I have no idea where you got that idea, but it's certainly not the case.

Nope I don't think you're an idiot. You actually have contributed to this debate whereas Beach as not he's just agreed with what others have said providing little knowledge on it at all. Anyone can look good agreeing with someone they presume is correct.

Not lashing out tbh just don't like cling on's who take it upon themselves to tell me to get a clue when he doesn't have a clue about what he's on about himself. It would be much easier to find a male who's lost weight and gained muscle over a female as many women think they are gonna get huge.

I also don't keep saying beach is skinny lol I said it once so no need to exaggerate.

Dude BeachIron is more knowledgeable and experienced than I am. He's also bigger and stronger than I am. If anything, I'm agreeing with him.

You...... Well. Hm.

Thanks, but I'll be the first to say that size =/= knowledge, and that you have the B.S. not me. My degrees are in law and business.

I am not big and will never be big because I'm not going to juice, but that actually is a substantial part of the point here. Even men who train hard and do it without chemical help aren't going to be very big once all the fat is stripped off of them, unless they are seriously genetically gifted or on something. Even Arnold at comp weight was only about 225 and we all know that he juiced. Ronnie Coleman is over 300 but do we even need to discuss chemicals there?

So, backing away and looking only at natties, you aren't going to see very many huge guys there. Most of the guys that walk around thinking that they are "hyoooge" are overweight. Period. It is not just women. Which is also a big part of what is going on in this thread.

Oh I've got the BS all right.

Wait, what?
  • CoderGal
    Options
    Unflattering light, NO change in weight, size went down, I prefer the more muscley version since my bra stopped showing off my shoulder flab:
    photo.jpgphoto.jpg
  • curlyteetee
    curlyteetee Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm naturally muscular and I put it on easy too. I have big biceps and I get frustrated sometime bc my arms can't fit in most shirts, this is even when I'm not working out. I love my muscles and I wouldn't have it any other way!!!!
  • CoderGal
    Options
    I'm naturally muscular and I put it on easy too. I have big biceps and I get frustrated sometime bc my arms can't fit in most shirts, this is even when I'm not working out. I love my muscles and I wouldn't have it any other way!!!!
    I have the same problem with my arms but it's more because my arms have fat on them
  • amberkeever1
    amberkeever1 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am a German girl too and when I do heavy weights I tend to bulk too, I use more cardio for that very reason. I want to be thin and toned. I don't like the look of crossfit bodies, but, to each their own. NO hate going toward the ones who do like it it's just not my personal preference for me. I think our back grounds do lend to being more muscular body types. I will never be waifish and that is just fine with me ;)
  • jillianbeeee
    jillianbeeee Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    My upper arms and shoulders do that. In photos I look bigger because of the muscles in my arms. Up to a month ago I ran a pool business and cleaned pools for a living, serious upper arm workouts! Now I lift (because I love it) and am bulking up even more! I need to arm wrestle some of my male friends, kick some butt! lol
  • sprintto50
    sprintto50 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I am one of those, even at almost 50 and only 5'4". I do bodyweight exercises and cardio or I end up with very manly arms, especially.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Roid rage?

Typical response. Test done on around 130 males all given the same amount of testosterone im injection. 5 people had aggression issues. So no idea why people spout that bull****.

So..are you saying that you are or aren't part of the 5 out 130 males that have aggression issues while on steroids?
  • BeachIron
    Options

You...... Well. Hm.

Wait, what?

There's more in this thread than anyone needs :laugh:
  • CoderGal
    Options

You...... Well. Hm.

Wait, what?

There's more in this thread than anyone needs :laugh:
    Yeah this thread is starting to look like
    http://cadoges.squarespace.com/storage/bull**** bridge 2.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1333151713928

replace stars with guess