30 day shredders...starting Monday!

Options

Replies

• RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    L2D4 done, Day 14 in total. I can't do the jumping torso twist things b/c it's putting strain on my legs, so I'm replacing those with jumping jacks, otherwise I'm doing really well with it. :)

BrunetteWife - is Level 2 getting easier??? We were on the same day at one point, but I got lazy and had a few days off. . .

Yes and no. Those jumping torso twists are killer on my shins. The planks are pretty easy for me. Those darn squats with the v raise at the end are killer, otherwise, I find myself wanting to follow Nathalie more than Anita. I don't plan on moving to level 3 til day 21 though, no matter how easy level 2 gets.

Hope you hop back on soon :)
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    Ok sorry I've been MIA, What a busy weekend, lol, skipped Sunday but got my Saturday session of the shred in and about to go for it again when I finish this post. So I will be completing Day 7 here shortly. Keep up the good work ladies!! :drinker: :wink:
  • Shaqueta
    Options
    I have trouble with all the jumping jacks lunges and level 2 just isn't doing it for me. I'm getting better on level 1 though. I use my heart rate monitor while I work out and I'm burning 330 calories just on level one alone. I haven't been doing it everyday cause I workout 2-3 in the gym a day but I do want to get it done more often.
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Okay Day 9 In the Books! I am looking forward to starting Level 2 on Wednesday (that's my weigh in day BTW). Blog has been updated but in case you aren't going over there to check it out here's my results for today. I think the issue with the HRM is that the strap wasn't properly wet yesterday evening when I did this.

D9 9/27 - same weight
    Heart Rate Max: 143
    Heart Rate Avg:119
    Calories Burned:171
    3lb dumb bells used on the squat / shoulder press ONLY otherwise upped to 5lb on the rest of weighted strength training.
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    Day 9 done!!! I feel great!

Have a great shredding day!
  • RushinBruisette
    Options
    Halfway completed !!!
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    Whooo, you go girls! Keep up the hard work!! Day 8 for me- DONE!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • healthydoseofglitter
    Options
    Day 9 for me tonight plus a zumba class :) Can't wait to try out level 2! I peeked at the scale today my weigh in isnt until friday but I am down -2.8! :flowerforyou: i love and hate jillian at the same time
  • SaraTN
    SaraTN Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Completed level 1 this morning... totally forgot to go up to level 2 so I will start that tomorrow....
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    Day 10 ... check! LEVEL 2 STARTS TOMORROW! Blog updated ... Weigh in and measure tomorrow morning.

D10 9/28 - same weight
    Heart Rate Max: 148
    Heart Rate Avg:121
    Calories Burned:179
    3lb dumb bells used on the squat / shoulder press ONLY otherwise upped to 5lb on the rest of weighted strength training.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    Good morning all!
    Did day 9 last night before bed. My knee is killing me this morning.
    And I have a 6 hour meeting to go to for work, after working 4 hours, and it's an hour away.
    So, leave the house at 5 and get home at 5...doesn't leave much time for Jillian today.
    If my knee still hurts by the time I get home I'm taking today off.
  • nam14uk
    nam14uk Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Morning shredders!!

I've been out of the loop but I'M BACK!!

I've been a little erractic with doing shred as I've been hitting the gym but I started up again and this morning was level 1 day 6. Definitely noticing an improvement in my endurance but the side lunge with shoulder raise thingy kills me everytime! I thought my shoulders were getting stronger but that move really gets me everytime! Does anyone else feel this as well?

Well done to you all - sounds like you're really well keeping up with shred! Keep up the good work!

Will check back soon hopefully with a report that my shoulders are improving!
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    okay ... weigh in yielded no results ... no change in weight or measurements. on to day 10 and Level 2
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    Good morning all!
    Did day 9 last night before bed. My knee is killing me this morning.
    And I have a 6 hour meeting to go to for work, after working 4 hours, and it's an hour away.
    So, leave the house at 5 and get home at 5...doesn't leave much time for Jillian today.
    If my knee still hurts by the time I get home I'm taking today off.

Take the day off BUT have you looked into Salon Pas? I currently have that on my knee LOL. Makes it feel better.
  • RushinBruisette
    Options
    Starting measurements

Neck 14in
    Bicep L 14.5 R 14
    Under Chest 37
    Waist 38.5
    Across the belly button 43.5
    Belly Pooch-area(just below belly button) 49
    Hips(measured just below pooch area) 46
    Thigh L 27.5 R 27.5
    Calf L 16 R 16

Current measurements:
    Neck 14in
    Bicep L 14 R 13.5
    Under Chest 36
    Waist 37
    Across the belly button 42
    Belly Pooch-area(just below belly button) 48
    Hips(measured just below pooch area) 45
    Thigh L 26.5 R 26.5
    Calf L 16 R 16

That's a 9inch difference!!!!! WOW!!! I

I don't have much of a scale change, I'm sitting at 204. I usually weigh in on Fridays, so we'll see if there's a change then.

I plan on hitting day 16 later.

Keep it up everyone!!
  • sjyates
    sjyates Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I did L2D3 last night. . .it's getting a little easier, but not much. Hoping that changes soon! I am seeing a lot of toning especially in my stomach. I'm loving this!!
  • sjyates
    sjyates Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    ????QUESTION????

So I've been reading on the message boards that MFP could be overestimating calories burned. I don't have a HRM (yes I know I need to get one), so is it safe to assume that ~200 calories burned is correct for the Shred? I am 128 lbs and 5' 5 1/2". I think MFP shows my 27 minutes of Level 2 at like 205 calories burned. Please let me know what everyone's thoughts are on this.

Thanks!!!
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    Day 9- in the books!! Feeling great can't wait to take measurments. When does everyone else want to measure? Should we wait until the end of the 30 days? Or after 15? I know inches are going I rew out of (in the last month) 3 skirts, 2 pairs of pants 1 pair of shorts and 2 days ago I was wearing a summer dress and I had to change because the back kept falling down, lol. Looked into getting the clothing that's loose just taken in but it's around 20$ and up, for each peice of clothingthose prices :noway: . So I obviously don't want to hang on to these clothes so I'm going to give them to someone who needs them. Thank god I still have some of my size 1-3 shorts and jeans from before I got pregnant with my last baby (I even own one of my size 0's in hopes that I'll be back in them soon:laugh: ) otherwise I don't know what I'd do. Thank god the holidays and my b-day are right around the corner, by then I should defenitly be to my last goal weight and can buy more.

Hope you all have a good Hump Day. . . . Happy shredding ladies:drinker:
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    Starting measurements

Neck 14in
    Bicep L 14.5 R 14
    Under Chest 37
    Waist 38.5
    Across the belly button 43.5
    Belly Pooch-area(just below belly button) 49
    Hips(measured just below pooch area) 46
    Thigh L 27.5 R 27.5
    Calf L 16 R 16

Current measurements:
    Neck 14in
    Bicep L 14 R 13.5
    Under Chest 36
    Waist 37
    Across the belly button 42
    Belly Pooch-area(just below belly button) 48
    Hips(measured just below pooch area) 45
    Thigh L 26.5 R 26.5
    Calf L 16 R 16

That's a 9inch difference!!!!! WOW!!! I

I don't have much of a scale change, I'm sitting at 204. I usually weigh in on Fridays, so we'll see if there's a change then.

I plan on hitting day 16 later.

Keep it up everyone!!

That's fantastic!! GREAT JOB! Who cares if the scale moves if the inches are coming off :smile:
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    ????QUESTION????

So I've been reading on the message boards that MFP could be overestimating calories burned. I don't have a HRM (yes I know I need to get one), so is it safe to assume that ~200 calories burned is correct for the Shred? I am 128 lbs and 5' 5 1/2". I think MFP shows my 27 minutes of Level 2 at like 205 calories burned. Please let me know what everyone's thoughts are on this.

Thanks!!!

Yeah that's pretty accurate. The HRM's results can vary for different people depending on ALOT, height, weight, effort, I mean even depending on how much I work out before the shred, I'll burn less if I work out before! Around 180-200 is pretty darn accurate that's what I've always seen from other people and mine hangs around 200 depending on different factors!