What's your fav change about your body from weight loss?

Options

Replies

• meganfoster12
    meganfoster12 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Slimmer face and collar bones :)
  • Zaniejane
    Zaniejane Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Less cleavage, means more variety in what I can wear without it being deemed innappropriate.
  • mjharman
    mjharman Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    There is a wall of windows at work that I must walk down to get to my cubicle. I remember when I used to catch glimpses of my reflection in those windows as I walked that long hall...how embarrassed I was by the beach ball that I was, with my stomach protruding past my boobs. Now I can walk past those windows without shame. I may have a long way to go on this journey, I may not be thin yet, but the beach ball is gone!

When I graduated with my bachelor's degree in 2010, I received a free "Guilford Alum" t-shirt. The largest size they had was an extra large. Of course, it was too small. But what I remember most was that, when I brought it home and showed it to my husband, he said, "That will never fit you." My husband is often brutally honest, and I don't believe his words were meant to hurt or embarrass me, but they did. I am proud to say that today I threw that t-shirt on for the very first time, and it fits...rather loosely.

My favorite change about my body is that it is getting smaller and firmer everyday...and that makes me feel a whole lot better about myself. I don't feel ashamed anymore.
  • ttmspeace
    Options
    There is a wall of windows at work that I must walk down to get to my cubicle. I remember when I used to catch glimpses of my reflection in those windows as I walked that long hall...how embarrassed I was by the beach ball that I was, with my stomach protruding past my boobs. Now I can walk past those windows without shame. I may have a long way to go on this journey, I may not be thin yet, but the beach ball is gone!

When I graduated with my bachelor's degree in 2010, I received a free "Guilford Alum" t-shirt. The largest size they had was an extra large. Of course, it was too small. But what I remember most was that, when I brought it home and showed it to my husband, he said, "That will never fit you." My husband is often brutally honest, and I don't believe his words were meant to hurt or embarrass me, but they did. I am proud to say that today I threw that t-shirt on for the very first time, and it fits...rather loosely.

My favorite change about my body is that it is getting smaller and firmer everyday...and that makes me feel a whole lot better about myself. I don't feel ashamed anymore.
    Awwww my eyes are full of water right now from reading this,Bless your heart,I am so proud of you and so happy for you ,this is beautiful !!! YOU ARE AWESOME & BEAUTIFUL & I know you will continue this journey ,you got this !! WTG!!
  • ttmspeace
    Options
    Less cleavage, means more variety in what I can wear without it being deemed innappropriate.
    First of all I love your profile pic. too stinking cute:) Second ,I am sure you look beautiful in your new clothes,keep up the good work!! WTG!!
  • ttmspeace
    Options
    Slimmer face and collar bones :)
    Both are so great arent they :) Nice Biceps:) Wtg!!
  • WildlyCurly
    WildlyCurly Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    my short fat neck is looking a little longer and leaner.
  • GBPack93
    Options
    So hard to pick favorite change. So many positives but my favorite is that I can exercise for fun and try new things. When I was big I was so embarrassed to exercise and was unwilling to try new things. Now that I am in good shape I am always will to take on a challenge.
  • ttmspeace
    Options
    So hard to pick favorite change. So many positives but my favorite is that I can exercise for fun and try new things. When I was big I was so embarrassed to exercise and was unwilling to try new things. Now that I am in good shape I am always will to take on a challenge.
    I love this,thats awesome ,good for you:) and i am sure you are rocking at them too:) WTG!!
  • ttmspeace
    Options
    my short fat neck is looking a little longer and leaner.
    That is wonderful sweetie, wtg:)
  • Skinnymunkii
    Skinnymunkii Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I waited for a very long time for my collar bones to show up again. Now that they're here I can't get enough of them. Low cut shirts are my new favorite thing!:wink: I'm also enjoying seeing the definition in my arms and legs from my work in the weight room. Thank you lifting!:bigsmile:
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Having the confidence to wear short shorts. Not only do my legs look better now that I have lost weight, but I have finally realized no body is perfect, so why keep hiding my legs when it's hot out?

I can definitely relate to this. I have a spider bite scar and a tattoo on my leg and those things combined with fatter legs in the past made me feel completely ashamed of my legs, and I covered them at all times at least to the level that capri leggings/pants would cover them. This summer is the first time in YEARS - like over 15 years - that I've happily started going out in shorts or skirts/dresses that are knee-length and slightly above, and bare legs. It is wonderful to feel more confident and to see that my legs (despite the scar) actually look pretty darn good! :-) It's also SO much cooler in the summer heat.
  • jeromykaplan
    jeromykaplan Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    my face and confidence level, still pretty shy though hah
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    hard to pick.

my belly has surprised me...didnt imagine it would ever look ok.
  • ttmspeace
    Options
    I waited for a very long time for my collar bones to show up again. Now that they're here I can't get enough of them. Low cut shirts are my new favorite thing!:wink: I'm also enjoying seeing the definition in my arms and legs from my work in the weight room. Thank you lifting!:bigsmile:
    So happy you are enjoying and showing off all your hard work! That is awesome wtg!!
  • ttmspeace
    Options
    Having the confidence to wear short shorts. Not only do my legs look better now that I have lost weight, but I have finally realized no body is perfect, so why keep hiding my legs when it's hot out?

I can definitely relate to this. I have a spider bite scar and a tattoo on my leg and those things combined with fatter legs in the past made me feel completely ashamed of my legs, and I covered them at all times at least to the level that capri leggings/pants would cover them. This summer is the first time in YEARS - like over 15 years - that I've happily started going out in shorts or skirts/dresses that are knee-length and slightly above, and bare legs. It is wonderful to feel more confident and to see that my legs (despite the scar) actually look pretty darn good! :-) It's also SO much cooler in the summer heat.
    That is awesome !! So glad you are rocking those hot legs now:) WTG!!!
  • ttmspeace
    Options
    my face and confidence level, still pretty shy though hah
    There is nothing wrong with being shy,I am very shy at first too. Your face is very cute! WTG so happy for you:)
  • ttmspeace
    Options
    hard to pick.

my belly has surprised me...didnt imagine it would ever look ok.
    I bet your belly looks smoking !! Good job:)
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    That I have confidence to go out in public and not feel everyone is staring because I am obese.

And that I have bone structure again.
  • ttmspeace
    Options
    That I have confidence to go out in public and not feel everyone is staring because I am obese.

And that I have bone structure again.
    159 lbs. lost that is amazing!!! I bet your confidence is off the chain ,as it well should be !! You rock darling,so proud of you!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!