If You Drink DIET SODAS Then YOU Need to Read This.

Options

Replies

• tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Soda is bad for you, irregardless of whether it's diet or regular or light or zero. The phosphoric acid is a huge problem. I would advise not drinking soda because of that, as well as other chemicals inside of it. Aspartame, I don't know yet... and I fear it because it's in all the Crystal Light I use.
    Exactly what's wrong with phosphoric acid? Other than it being an essential mineral, that is.

And being required for all life. Being a major component of bone structure, and the average person having a little over a pound of it In their bodies always.
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    I actually get an instant headache from diet soda... so I can sort of believe this.

With that said, I think that every person is different and will react differently to things like aspartame. Hey, if you have MS though, it's worth a try!
  • ghost15026
    Options
    I did a paper on this in college- Aspartame is the most researched product in FDA history (at least 10 years ago when I wrote the paper) and according to the FDA it's safe to consume some huge amount daily- I don't want to post the exact amount cause I can't remember & don't want to get blasted by the masses for incorrect info. Some people truthfully have a sensitivity to it & should not consume it but I found nothing that said it can mimic/cause autoimmune diseases such as MS or Lupus and it is irresponsible to state something like that. Aspartame is not natural so moderation probably is a good idea but that's personal choice.

you'll find out that "lack of evidence" for a claim of harmfulness is often interpreted as "indisputable proof of a government/corporate coverup" by the tinfoil hat crowd that is constantly prattling on about how the sky is falling due to <insert pet cause here>.

so, the lack of evidence that aspartame is harmful is in their minds absolute proof that it is harmful.

you can't argue logically with people like that.

you just can't.

You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. I applaud you.
  • alexkwhite98
    Options
    Well, I REALLY doubt high fructose corn syrup is any better for you. What, with all this corn grown in an underground lab nowadays lol.
  • Darrelkun
    Darrelkun Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Soda is bad for you, irregardless of whether it's diet or regular or light or zero. The phosphoric acid is a huge problem. I would advise not drinking soda because of that, as well as other chemicals inside of it. Aspartame, I don't know yet... and I fear it because it's in all the Crystal Light I use.
    Exactly what's wrong with phosphoric acid? Other than it being an essential mineral, that is.

And being required for all life. Being a major component of bone structure, and the average person having a little over a pound of it In their bodies always.

Phosphorous is essential to life; it's the backbone to our DNA and comprises of much of our bone makeup. But phosphoric acid from soda is not essential to life. The two are not chemically identical, and the small differences can play a huge part in how they interact with the body.

Unfortunately I am not a chemistry major (and chemistry was one of the hardest classes for me to grasp, so please forgive me when I cannot explain in great detail). My knowledge is limited. I only recall my general chemistry professor commenting on phosphoric acid and how by the end of the class none of us would be drinking soda again. Unfortunately I still drank soda for about six years after that class. So, because I'm not the most adequate in this field, I will link to you a webpage that will hopefully satiate some of your expectations: http://blog.fooducate.com/2009/06/30/11-quick-facts-about-phosphoric-acid-yes-that-chemical-in-coca-cola/ .
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    alarmist BS.
  • Nerdybreisawesome
    Nerdybreisawesome Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I saw this in an email, on facebook and now here. *facedesk*
  • elsdonward
    elsdonward Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Come on - Take some good advice from a helpful person without using it to score silly points for yourself. Get a life - without aspartemine
  • elsdonward
    elsdonward Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    If we were meant to consume these chemicals - then it would be in the minerals and plants - not in junky coloured drinks which cost far too much money DUH!!!
  • ghost15026
    Options
    If we were meant to consume these chemicals - then it would be in the minerals and plants - not in junky coloured drinks which cost far too much money DUH!!!

"Meant" suggests intent. Nature is abstract and plants certainly do not possess a cognitive ability to demonstrate intent - much less decide their composition.

Feel free to try some Death Cap mushrooms or arsenic. Artificial does not suggest poison or detriment. Natural does not suggest a product is safe much less healthy.
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options

Yummy, lead!

Delicious asbestos!

:drinker:

3c1a93069a3d11e0911b12313b10052d_small
    If men were meant to fly they would be born with wings!
  • NC_Sean
    Options
    i actually cracked up ;laughing as soon as i started reading this...Thanks i was having a bad day aha

This made my day too!
  • Astrid81
    Options
    Omg! What utter nonsense! Geez.... :noway:
  • chocl8grl
    chocl8grl Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Stop+complaining+the+fandom+has+been+waiting+for+9+months+_d3ce287f4f0beb54c704651cfe0d0563.gif
  • MuseofSong
    MuseofSong Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    ::face palm:: if it on the internet it must be true

But, but, my boyfriend told me he's a French model . . .
  • feliperss
    feliperss Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Entertaining stuff! Just reminded me I have some diet coke in the fridge that should be nice and cool by now... :drinker:
  • callmedottie
    Options
    It may or may not be true, but if you're using myfitnesspal, you shouldn't be drinking soda in the first place.
  • hhbsd
    Options

I found this right up on the web and thought i would share.

Putting this at the beginning of your message would have saved us all a lot of time.

btw, Bill Gates is not giving away $5k to click any link, Walt Disney is not cryogencally frozen, Koch Industries did not pay Trayvon Martin's legal fees, the plastic strip in money does not let the government know how much money you are carrying, and as several people have pointed out, anytime you feel the urge to forward a mail that you don't personally know to be factual, www.snopes.com is your friend.
    It may or may not be true, but if you're using myfitnesspal, you shouldn't be drinking soda in the first place.

What, you don't think that people on MFP smoke, eat red meat and drink soda (regular or diet)?!?
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Uhhh heres some change and walks away quickly
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Hell i dont drink it because i get headaches from it but red wine does the same thing to me. That doesn't make it an evil beverage no one should drink ever though. I just try and avoid both.
This discussion has been closed.