If You Drink DIET SODAS Then YOU Need to Read This.

Options

Replies

• bingefreeaubree
    bingefreeaubree Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. Still not sure what to think of aspartame due to all the mixed studies. I try to avoid it as much as I can but if I consume it once every now and then I'm no going to fret.

Edited to add: My motto is H2O is the way to go!! :happy:
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Maybe it was an allergic reaction? Ignore the rude posters as your intention was to warn others out of concern which is not to be shamed! They can go **** themselves because all they care about is themselves. I appreciate your train of thought. As for me, I drink about a quart of Crystal Light everyday because I just can't go a day without soft drinks so it really helps me out a whole lot.
    I do know that aspartame is fairly new and will continue to be researched for the following decades.
    I'm really happy that your sister is fine now and I hope she continues to live on happily and healthily with her children!
    Many hugs!
    (A) Aspartame isn't fairly new
    (B) It has already been researched and studied for decades
    (C) The person in the wall of text isn't his sister or anybody elses sister. It's made up, false, fake, a fairytale.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    OP, thank you for sharing this story. I am so glad to hear that your family member is now okay and recovering from her poisoning. As you can see, most of the people on these forums find your story about aspartame to be B.S and I'm sorry they're being so rude to you after your personal experience with this and all the research you've conducted. Due to all the mixed studies, I don't know what to think about aspartame, but I do try to avoid it as much as possible. Anyway, it was nice of you to share this with us, whether people believe it or not. You were just trying to help us all out and I appreciate that. :smile:

Did you even see what he posted further on?
    It was just a post i came by to be honest, Aspartame may or may not be bad for you but me personaly dont drink any thing but water anyway as its natural and think its the best and healthiest liquid around and most of all its free.

The "sister" doesn't exist!
  • EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
  • toscarthearmada
    toscarthearmada Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    OP, thank you for sharing this story. I am so glad to hear that your family member is now okay and recovering from her poisoning. As you can see, most of the people on these forums find your story about aspartame to be B.S and I'm sorry they're being so rude to you after your personal experience with this and all the research you've conducted. Due to all the mixed studies, I don't know what to think about aspartame, but I do try to avoid it as much as possible. Anyway, it was nice of you to share this with us, whether people believe it or not. You were just trying to help us all out and I appreciate that. :smile:

I actually read this on Facebook a few days ago. It's not his personal story.
  • GTAFrank
    GTAFrank Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    And September kicks off in fine fashion.

Slap.gif
  • SherryIsRunner5
    SherryIsRunner5 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Oh, it's too early for this.
    I agree
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    A KILLER IN YOUR FRIDGE... :devil:

SWEET POISON..A MUST READ !!! :indifferent:

In October of 2001, my sister started getting very sick She had stomach spasms and she was having a hard time getting around. Walking was a major chore. It took everything she had just to get out of bed; she was in so much pain.

Please print this out and/or e-mail to your family and friends.

I found this right up on the web and thought i would share. Thanks for reading

Feel free to add me :happy:

ZOMG! We're all gonna die! I found this and I don't know where it's from but forward it to all your friends and relatives.

Forward everything you ever come across to your friends and relatives. It won't reduce the count of relatives (especially if you have more money than they do) but it will cut back on your number of friends.
  • fairyt4l3s
    Options
    Anything you have in large quantities is bad for you.
  • lupinibean
    Options
    Where's the "like" button for all these replies? You guys are cracking me up.

And BTW, anybody who doesn't like their diet Vanilla Cokes can send them to me. I love the stuff (and I'm not dead yet!! And I also use Splenda in my coffee! GASP)
  • Carolw12
    Carolw12 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Its funny how people get so outraged when you try to warn them about diet soda. A woman died because of drinking too much soda that's a fact. I'm not saying don't drink it but anything artificial or fake is not good for you. People should be leaning towards eating healthy foods not chemically processed foods. Diseases have skyrocketed in the last 30 years because of all the junk we eat, that's a fact. You don't have to drink just water but diet soda isn't that great to drink either and there are warnings on packages of NutraSweet ever took a look at it?
  • stellakhenizy
    Options
    Have seen this post doing the rounds on facebook from time to time

Not sure of the accuracy or not, hard isn't it to be sure; BUT my doctor has told me to not drink sodas of ANY SORT (ie with sugar or with sweeteners) and that studies have shown that soda drinkers who drink just diet had more difficulty in losing weight, as the soda bulks up the stomach inside and does not help train the stomach to expect less in it, which is something we should all try to do if we can as lets face it many of us are overweight because we love that very full feeling

Good luck to all :flowerforyou:
  • LeilaFace
    LeilaFace Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    The other thing that kills people is the infamous man-duck face

Bwahahahaha Yes!
  • bigphatcat
    bigphatcat Posts: 7,843 Member
    Options
    In the words of Homer Simpson...."BORING!!!!"
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    I think MFP mods/admins should ban those who post diet soda is bad on sight.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    A killer in your fridge?

fridge.jpg
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Its funny how people get so outraged when you try to warn them about diet soda. A woman died because of drinking too much soda that's a fact. I'm not saying don't drink it but anything artificial or fake is not good for you. People should be leaning towards eating healthy foods not chemically processed foods. Diseases have skyrocketed in the last 30 years because of all the junk we eat, that's a fact. You don't have to drink just water but diet soda isn't that great to drink either and there are warnings on packages of NutraSweet ever took a look at it?

All of my medications are artificial.

Arsenic is natural.

False premise is false.
  • Ranching
    Ranching Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You should all watch "Sugar: The Bitter Truth" on YouTube, if you haven't already. Excellent lecture on the topic.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Have seen this post doing the rounds on facebook from time to time

Not sure of the accuracy or not, hard isn't it to be sure; BUT my doctor has told me to not drink sodas of ANY SORT (ie with sugar or with sweeteners) and that studies have shown that soda drinkers who drink just diet had more difficulty in losing weight, as the soda bulks up the stomach inside and does not help train the stomach to expect less in it, which is something we should all try to do if we can as lets face it many of us are overweight because we love that very full feeling

Good luck to all :flowerforyou:

It isn't hard to be sure. It's already been posted in this thread but here it is again:

http://www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/aspartame.asp
This discussion has been closed.