If You Drink DIET SODAS Then YOU Need to Read This.

Options

Replies

• Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    So my Diet Coke is going to give me MS now? I've already lost 3 toes from it, but I've got 7 more, no biggie. But MS?

Fear mongering at it's finest.

I think for general balance purposes, all you really need are the toes on the outside of each foot. So as long as you have those, game on!
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    On the one hand I think the whole Aspartame thing is evil (see Sweet Misery documentary) and we'd be better off with just chugging back the sugary stuff and on the other I think the dose is in the poison.

Christ knows what the truth is but I feel somehow unclean every time I pop open a can as I tend to do daily.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    *sigh*
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    ::face palm:: if it on the internet it must be true
    It is known.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    and most of all its free.

You go down to the river and scoop it out? Because if it comes out of a faucet or a bottle, it ain't free.
  • deeboy25
    Options
    Well that certainly took away precious minutes of my life I'll never get back..
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    My lupus went into remission. Around the same time I started drinking 2 diet orange sodas per day. Coincidence? You decide.
  • shannashannabobana
    Options
    It was just a post i came by to be honest, Aspartame may or may not be bad for you but me personaly dont drink any thing but water anyway as its natural and think its the best and healthiest liquid around and most of all its free.

but some people say Aspartame is bad for you so i thought id share this as it may just be that way.

there is alot of articles that say its bad and in some place has been banned from using it

BUT.... Its up to you to believe it or not

My advice to you is choose WATER to drink instead its ZERO Calories & Good for you.
    remeber the human body is 70 - 80% water to so we need water to servive :drinker:
    You can drink water and diet soda in moderation and be fine. Posting a BS article doesn't support your advice to drink water only and in REAL life, most people wouldn't just be satisfied with just drinking water. Have fun with your water only. I'll have fun with other drinks as well as still getting in my water too.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
    I actually like water. I don't really get this (*not that that's the only thing I drink, but if you stop drinking cokes for a while you'll probably not like them nearly as much when you go back).

Not that I think they give you lupus or MS or anything like that.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    I would have bet money that Minnie was the OP after reading the title.
  • Patriots96
    Patriots96 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Seriously? :noway: Why do people keep spreading this crap around. :huh: Based on this, I should be dead or in a wheelchair and my kids should be deformed and disabled. I was diagnosed as a type 1 diabetic in 1994, been on insulin ever since. Doc told me to switch to diet sodas, which I did. I also use Equal in my coffee. Have been for 19 yrs. I drank this stuff while pregnant with both my kids, who are now 17 and 12. The 17 year old is an honor student. My 12 year old is smart and a normal kid. They drank my diet sodas with me when they were little (liked to sip off "mommy's drink") Although they drink regular soda now. I am not a huge drinker of diet soda, but with all the drinks I have had over the years and all the Equal I put in my coffee daily, you would think I would have been affected by now, if this stuff were true. Ok, stepping off my soap box now. :smile:
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    It is so important to check your sources when making claims.

Who wrote this article (the person travelling and speaking/making money)? Where is the research to support this claim?
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    bWT6f65.gif

lmfao. This made my day.
  • Tessyloowhoo
    Options
    this is as believable as immaculate conception....
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options

:laugh:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

Oh Minnie, this gif is for you:

crazy_zps0aae0a2c.gif
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I see all the addicts have arrived. :happy:
    I drink Crystal Light daily and diet soda occasionally.
    I have mixed feelings about doing so but I'm not ready to give it up.

I imagine water is better for me without the CL but it tastes so damn good.

Thanks for the posting the article, OP. :flowerforyou:
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

:laugh:

hehe:smooched: :smooched:
This discussion has been closed.