If You Drink DIET SODAS Then YOU Need to Read This.

Options

Replies

• mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    *sips cherry Coke zero while jumping in for the madness*

Ooh. Cherry Zero is my favorite!
  • CTcutie
    CTcutie Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I am a biological researcher (scientist) and I studied MS and other inflammatory diseases for years. Unless soda is killing the myelin sheath that surrounds the nerves in the spinal cord and brain, you will not get lupus or MS from it. I am a little wary of overuse of Splenda, etc. after researching IBD/Crohn's/colitits, though. i still consume it on occassion.
    Although after seeing nonsense like this, it wouldn't surprise me if soda causes brain damage. Snort.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,699 Member
    Options
    I actually like water. I don't really get this (*not that that's the only thing I drink, but if you stop drinking cokes for a while you'll probably not like them nearly as much when you go back).

Not that I think they give you lupus or MS or anything like that.
    Never said it's not to like. Stated that you'll be hard pressed to find anyone in the world that sticks ONLY to water to drink.
    Never said that water was bad.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • cfergusontx
    Options
    Regardless of all the above, it's better to stay away from artificial anything.
  • ThriceBlessed
    ThriceBlessed Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Well that was amusing. :yawn:

Seriously though, Aspartame is not the best choice for consumption, though personally I doubt that miniscule amounts of it are going to do much damage (unless of course you have a sensitivity to it). :smokin:

Then again I could be wrong and my head may explode next time a chew a stick of sugarless gum. :frown: :sad:
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    internettruth.jpg

panic_5.324151229_std.jpg
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    I will admit I drink it too much and too often but come on according to this article its worse than smoking cigarettes and or drinking excessivly.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    derp-o-meter.gif
  • Robertsollady
    Robertsollady Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    now they say water is bad for us too, my moms drinks alot of diet orange crush , for a long time now so far no problems but u never know ,everything almost these days now the are saying are bad.
  • SkinnyFatAlbert
    SkinnyFatAlbert Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    tl;dr.

Everything in moderation. I wouldn't want to live off soda but one every now and then isn't that bad.
  • cfergusontx
    Options
    You know, when someone tries to be helpful, there is no need for the rudeness. Really.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    TL;DR.
    smartchart.jpg
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    You know, when someone tries to be helpful, there is no need for the rudeness. Really.

Scaremongering nonsense without any scientific basis is not helpful, in fact I would say it is the complete opposite.

Posting what is essentially a chain letter should result in all the snark, gifs and rudeness it deserves. Maybe next time someone thinks of posting utter claptrap they'll remember this and post a kitten gif instead.

The quality of replies in is direct proportion to the quality of the post. :flowerforyou:
  • luckyshilling
    Options
    Hold on. Let me go grab my tin foil hat before I consider the millions of things in life that are out to secretly kill me.

Once you get your hat on can you help me with mine? I'm not very crafty and I don't want to die.:wink:
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    The OP wasn't being helpful. All he did was copy and paste a ridiculous scaremongering wall of rubbish that has been circulating for at least 15 years and that is as real as Bigfoot.
  • needtoloseafewpounds
    Options
    Maybe it was an allergic reaction? Ignore the rude posters as your intention was to warn others out of concern which is not to be shamed! They can go **** themselves because all they care about is themselves. I appreciate your train of thought. As for me, I drink about a quart of Crystal Light everyday because I just can't go a day without soft drinks so it really helps me out a whole lot.
    I do know that aspartame is fairly new and will continue to be researched for the following decades.
    I'm really happy that your sister is fine now and I hope she continues to live on happily and healthily with her children!
    Many hugs!
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    100% OF PEOPLE WHO DRINK DIET SODA WILL DIE!

SCIENCE!
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    TL;DR. aspartame killed all my brain cells.
  • StheK
    StheK Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    It was just a post i came by to be honest, Aspartame may or may not be bad for you but me personaly dont drink any thing but water anyway as its natural and think its the best and healthiest liquid around and most of all its free.

but some people say Aspartame is bad for you so i thought id share this as it may just be that way.

there is alot of articles that say its bad and in some place has been banned from using it

BUT.... Its up to you to believe it or not

My advice to you is choose WATER to drink instead its ZERO Calories & Good for you.
    remeber the human body is 70 - 80% water to so we need water to servive :drinker:

So you make it a point to go out of your way to spread information that you haven't even tried to confirm? Why would you do this? If your goal is to encourage people to drink water instead of other liquids, there are plenty of ways to do that without contributing to the glut of false information out there. You should be ashamed of yourself. Not that you will be.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    bWT6f65.gif

lmfao. This made my day.

Ditto. I guess that's a nopetopus.
This discussion has been closed.