Share your NSV of the week!

Options

Replies

• courtneyk0721
    courtneyk0721 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I ran 16 miles on Saturday, at an average pace of 9.5 min miles. :)
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Mine was a shopping NSV, last year when a thrift store had a $2 pants sale, I was still a size 18 and could only find 2 decent pairs, Friday when I went to their annual $2 pants sale, I found 7 pairs, including the pièce de résistance, a pair of Brooks Brothers, all between size 6 - 10. I became an avid thrift store shopper during my weight loss journey and have noticed that being a smaller size I have a lot more choices, especially in the designer brands. Don't know if I can ever go back to shopping in regular stores again.
  • oreyna
    oreyna Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    NSV's ROCK!!! Only a person going thru our journey can truly appreciate them as much as we do!!! My NSV is that I get to wear some of the clothes that had been pushed way back into the "Maybe Someday Section." It's like going on a shopping spree!!!:happy:
  • running_free_1984
    running_free_1984 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Slight bit more definition in my arms and being able to touch my elbow to my inside knee in bicycle crunches. My stomach must have shrunk or got stronger! Woo hoo. Running the distance i need to run for my obstacle race in two weeks time!
  • RockinTerri
    RockinTerri Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Looking at a picture that my husband posted of us from three years ago, I realize that I have lost a "chin"! Made me feel great to know I'm headed in the right direction! :smokin:
  • twinteensmom
    twinteensmom Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I REACHED MY GOAL THIS PAST SATURDAY!!!!!!!
  • cbroadberry
    cbroadberry Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Today i did 4 pushups! Only a small NSV, but i am on day 6 of 30DS and have finally managed to do them!
  • meyerliz
    meyerliz Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Great News! My NSV happened this past Saturday- I went to the beach with my husband-I was walking along the waterfront for about 15 minutes when I suddenly realized that my thighs were NOT rubbing together! :wink:
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Ran my first Half Marathon on Saturday. Unofficial time: 2:09:00 (We'll get our chip times at some point this week.)

Not bad for someone who couldn't run once around the high school track without stopping to walk, in April of this year. :happy:
  • ziggypop93
    ziggypop93 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I went to a bbq at my best friend's house. I don't see her husband very often because we don't do "family" things a lot sense it is hard to schedule with her family and mine. Her husband told her after I left how proud of me he was and how great I'm looking. She shared that with me and it felt awesome (I've known them since high school, so he has seen me at my lightest and my heaviest).
  • pensfan1
    pensfan1 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Floating on Cloud 9 right now. A co-worker (who knows that I've been trying to lose) just said that I look skinny. I know I'm not skinny yet (still over 200 lbs), but totally made my day!
  • EnglishTeacher22
    Options
    For the first time I can remember, I have a thigh gap! And a close friend of the family, who I haven't seen since January, said I looked like I had lost weight, and that I look great :-)
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I think mine sounds a little funny but........

Passing a McD's the other day and did not have the urge to buy the fries! It didn't even smell good and all I could think about was their nutrition (or lack thereof) value - did not want to waste calories on them at all!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,330 Member
    Options
    Went to yoga wearing my new tight fitting running jacket. Two women walked across the room to talk to me about how good I was looking and how had I done it!
    Then another woman said she thought I had lost enough!
    Most people say I look really healthy and much younger. My bmi is 24.4 so I am not skinny. But at nearly 64 I don't want to look haggard. But it is so nice when people really notice.
    I also did 24 full press ups this morning - a pb.
  • JayMri
    JayMri Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Put on my belt and and on the second to last hole, 4 down from where I used to be!!
  • dona000
    Options
    Put on a shirt that I used to wear open over a t-shirt because it wouldn't even come together. I was able to button it up and wear it comfortably. :smile:
  • HermioneDanger118
    HermioneDanger118 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I got a t-shirt while shopping with a friend in April. I hadn't tried it on because I'd gotten a similar one from the same place the last year, and when I got home I tried it on and it was too tight. Saturday I was going through my clothes and tried it on again - fits perfectly!
  • Shannonthompson73
    Shannonthompson73 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I am excited to go to my doctor appointment on Thursday to show the doc my new shape and attitude! I have never looked forward to the scale at the doctor's office before:laugh:
  • wanderingarcher
    wanderingarcher Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I can zip my size 18 jeans up. I remember when I got big enough to have to buy size 18 and was mortified. Now I am thrilled to zip them up. Amazing how long one can go on in self-delusion.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    This was an awesome week, starting with stair sprints on Monday evening. Yesterday I graduated from the baby bar to the 7-foot Oly on my bench press, even for the warmup sets. That's what I'm proudest of this week. The only compound lift I need the baby bar for now is OHP.

Ordered a pair of size "8 short" booty Levi's from Zappos (short because I live in minimalist shoes). Put them on and noted they fit perfectly although they were a little longer than I'd anticipated. The "8 medium" pair was too big. Looked at the "8 short" again and realized they were actually "6 medium." I'm a size 6. A freaking size 6. I haven't been a size 6 since the 90s (and I fill it out a lot nicer now). Size 8 was my goal, but a lot of the size 8 clothes I'd been trying to get into again are now in a box waiting for a trip to the tailor this Fall.

Possibly the best, though: One of my volunteer groups has a once-monthly meeting that was this week. I got compliments all night. Afterward, a close (somewhat older, happily married) friend from that meeting sent me email saying, "you have become eye candy." :blushing: Made my week.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!