Options
    So-long-farewell-e1315494355865.jpg
  • badwolves
    Options
    Okay?
  • CindaWhite
    CindaWhite Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I just read your recent post that says you have untreated hyperthyroidism. Are you eating extra calories to try to offset the higher BMR? If so you may be over estimating that need. You need to explore all of your options before you decide to throw in the towel. TO do that you need to give us as much information as possible to be able to help you. Open your diary first of all so we can see what's really going on.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    I have been on this journey since January 2013 I have joined Planet Fitness I go there about 6 days a week for anywhere from 30 to 45 minutes a day I make sure i eat smaller portions I eat alot of chicken, fish and salads daily I recently joined a fit club where they do exercise classes and i have been doing that 3-4 days a week because I didnt know if my body was tried of the routines I was doing at the gym and still absolutely no results. I dont notice I change in my clothes or a change in the number on the scale. I drink 64 ounces of water a day which is good for me because all my life i never drank water, In the beggining I lost 14 lbs and in the last 4 months everytime i weigh in Im gaining that back, I know people say "maybe your gaining muscle" but is it possible to be gaining muscle for all these months and NO RESULTS im fed up, you would think that in 9 months I would have lost more than just 14 lbs sorry for venting out but im disgusted and discouraged.

6 days of 30 minutes is cardio is not very much. why not try 3 days of cardio, each for a longer duration? that'll avoid the risk overtraining. trying to do too much too often can muck up your hormones (apparently).

also, changing what you eat without changing how much you eat is a recipe for disaster.

don't listen to the idiots. 80% of people don't have a _ _ _ _ _ _ _ clue how to lose weight. they will tell you to eat clean, or cut out carbs, or cut out gluten, or whatever... that's all nonsense.

count calories ACCURATELY. don't cheat. don't lie to yourself. don't guesstimate. weigh and measure everything. so long as your calories in < calories out, you'll start losing weight again.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Bye. You don't win from giving up. Your choice.
  • Shannonpurple
    Shannonpurple Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    You CanNot out train a poor diet..end of story
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    So-long-farewell-e1315494355865.jpg

lol........trivia: Happy Birthday to Angela Cartwright who portrayed Brigitta Von Trapp. Saw this on my Facebook feed this a.m.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    well, you have no willpower
    you suck.
  • NikiChicken
    NikiChicken Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    You're giving up on a lifestyle change that you've invested so much into??? Doesn't make any sense!!! Stop focusing on the scale and enjoy the benefits you are gaining. Changes will happen...maybe slower than you would like. Good luck in whatever you decide.

Here, here!
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I'd also say to exercise for longer less often. Almost every day might be making it seem too much effort. Why not switch to the regime you expect to be able to keep up forever for a while rather than putting so much into it all at once?
  • kowajenn
    kowajenn Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Make health your goal, and you'll see how successful you already are. It's frustrating when the scale doesn't move, I get it. You have to change your mindset and realize that your weight is not the most important thing. Do you feel better? That's what you need to go by.

I still have a long way to go, but I feel a million times better. That's enough to keep me going when I lose .8 pounds in 3 weeks.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    you will never be what you what to be by giving up!
  • Rkthach
    Rkthach Posts: 33 Member
    Options

She doesn't want advice. She just wants people to know she's given up.

Exactly.
  • donna710
    donna710 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    don't give up..... 14 lbs is a lot actually... It's tough but you're tougher. I've been exercising and watching my calories since Jan 2013 and only lost 8 lbs!! (I'm also 50 and my metabolism has slowed alot!)....
    you're doing a great job with switching you routine.. just keep it up and don't look at the scale.
  • connie_messina
    connie_messina Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    1235277_612408395456078_346820929_n.jpg

What would have happened over the last 9 months if you hadn't been doing all you've been doing? Would you have gained 10lbs? Would your health have improved?
    love this!
  • channy70
    channy70 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

count calories ACCURATELY. don't cheat. don't lie to yourself. to guesstimate. weigh and measure everything. so long as your calories in < calories out, you'll start losing weight again.
    [/quote]

I agree, you need to weigh & measure everything, maybe you are eating salads, but maybe you're using 2-3 serving of dressing, maybe you are eating fish & chicken but maybe you're eating more than 3-4oz, start there. And make sure you log everything you eat and DRINK, because everything except water has calories. Next thing, if you haven't already done so, invest in a hr monitor, so that you can really see how many calories you are burning. You may realize in doing all of this that you are really not staying under your calories. Try that before you quit. Also ask yourself is this a lifestyle change or just another diet. If you decide that it's just another diet, then sure you will eventually quit when you don't get the results you want, but when you've committed to a lifestyle change, this is a new way of eating, of thinking, of living, it's not something you can just quit.
  • clarabraun
    Options
    don't give up! when you're older like me you will regret it. i'm trying to lose weight too. adding muscle could be part of the answer. you need to talk wirh someone who is knowledgable about weight loss and exercise - you need another approach with the way you look at things. good luck.:love:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I have been on this journey since January 2013 I have joined Planet Fitness I go there about 6 days a week for anywhere from 30 to 45 minutes a day I make sure i eat smaller portions I eat alot of chicken, fish and salads daily I recently joined a fit club where they do exercise classes and i have been doing that 3-4 days a week because I didnt know if my body was tried of the routines I was doing at the gym and still absolutely no results. I dont notice I change in my clothes or a change in the number on the scale. I drink 64 ounces of water a day which is good for me because all my life i never drank water, In the beggining I lost 14 lbs and in the last 4 months everytime i weigh in Im gaining that back, I know people say "maybe your gaining muscle" but is it possible to be gaining muscle for all these months and NO RESULTS im fed up, you would think that in 9 months I would have lost more than just 14 lbs sorry for venting out but im disgusted and discouraged.
    I haven't lost anything in four years.

Boo hoo to you.
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    bummer.
  • rjmudlax13
    rjmudlax13 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Oh, good. You're increasing your odds then. 100% of people who quit, fail at life.