What did YOU eat for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• verbalriot
    verbalriot Posts: 90
    Options
    Breakfast is a must for me, I always wake up hungry.

My go-to on hot summer days is Chobani plain yogurt (so creamy!) with Kashi Go Lean or Kashi Good Friends cereal, a banana, and a cup of black coffee. Overnight oats (yogurt, mashed banana or pumpkin puree, oats and chia seeds) are a good one too.

In the winter, I love oatmeal cooked in half water, half soy milk and banana. Also a bit of peanut butter for good measure.
  • isaacs06
    isaacs06 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're not eating enough. and there's just no way you're getting all that your body needs at dinner.... Plus it doesn't reallly help to just eat one real meal a day. It's not just how many calories you eat - you have to feed your body properly and not eating enough is doing your body a serious disservice.

For breakfast I had -
    2/3 cup plain greek yogurt + 1 packet splenda + 1/3 cup canned pumpkin + 1/2 scoop vanilla protein + cinnamon

186 Calories
    1g Fat
    15g carbs
    5g Fiber
    26g Protein
    98mg Sodium

oh dear lord that sounds good to me!!! thanks for sharing!
  • olivewalnut
    olivewalnut Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    this morning I had oatmeal with dried cranberries and cinnamon

yesterday was plain greek yogurt (sweetened with stevia) with 1/2c blackberries and 1/2c raspberries

these are my 2 usual breakfasts
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I am glad you posted. i would love to know everyones answers as well. i have been doing this for 5 days and am so lost. breskfast seems to be my biggest mystery.

i try to always eat one carb, (such as toast or cereal) one protein or dairy, (such as eggs or milk) and some fruit. you should always try to get breakfast because it gives you a metabolism boost. also, if you are used to only eating two meals a day, then go for breakfast and lunch, because most of the fat from those is burned by the time you go to bed, and most of the fat from dinner ends up as stored fat if it isn't burned before you go to sleep. just a tip!

Meal timing has no impact on metabolism, all other things being equal. Plus, on a deficit, meal/macro timing has no impact on fat loss.
    I have a differing opinion and feel that meal timing does have an impact on metabolism. If you eat right before going to bed, you are not giving yourself time to digest and burn some of those calories off in waking hours. But more importantly, breakfast jump starts your metabolism in the morning.

After dinner or even a snack at night, you are not conuming anything for the rest of the night and while sleeping. That is give or take eight hours of not fueling up. So the timing of it - and eating breakfast in the morning helps to kick your metabolism back in gear each day.

Yeah one day here one day there is not going to make much difference but over time it is important and the timing does have an impact. The eating five to six meals small meals today spaced out every three to four hours definitely has an impact on metabolism.

That is just not the case. Your metabolism does not stop at night and meal timing is irrelevent. If you have credible evidence that, all things being equal (calories and macros), your metabolism is impacted by eating breakfast v not eating breakfast, or eating 1 meal v 6, please could you share it.
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Dunkin Donuts egg white and turkey sausage wake-up wrap - 150 calories.
  • abbylg1983
    abbylg1983 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    My go to breakfast on the weekends is usually one egg plus two egg whites, scrambled, with either strawberries or an orange. Before I was dieting, it was like 1-2 HUGE bowls of cereal (usually Kashi Toasted Oats) along with two pieces of toast and a banana. That was probably like 500-600 calories and well over 100 g of carbs just for breakfast.

On M-F I usually have one piece of fruit and one vegetable at work for breakfast (usually an orange and yellow squash) along with some nuts (almonds or pistachios). If I worked out pretty hard in the morning I'll have a protein shake instead, but I usually need something solid in order to feel satisfied. I'd eat eggs every day for breakfast but I have to leave the house at 6 am and I have neither the time nor the desire to face eggs at 5:30 in the morning.
  • iffytiffyy
    iffytiffyy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    i had two packs of strawberries and cream oatmeal and a glass of water.
  • p0kers0ph
    p0kers0ph Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Alpen muesli with almond milk :)
  • alexis831
    alexis831 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I had 2 breakfasts today because one just isn't good enough :) The first was my creatine drink then a bowl of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup cereal with my fat free milk at 1/4 cup. MMmmm. The second was two waffles drenched in syrup. Mmmm... Yesterday I ate a HUGE breakfast burrito. I bringed everything to work and make it at around 9. Had 3 eggs hard boiled, ham, 1/2 baked potato, fat free cheese, on a tortilla. All cut and melted cheese over it. Mmmm! It was HUGE I am telling you!
  • CaptainHandsome
    CaptainHandsome Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Arnold - Heathfull Nutty Grain Bread, 2 slice
    Generic - Laughing Cow Light Swiss Cheese, 1 wedge
    Egg Beaters - Made With All Natural Egg Whites - Three Cheese, 3 tbsp
    Almond Breeze All Natural - Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk, 1.5 cup
    Body Fortress - Super Advanced Whey Protein (Chocolate), 1.5 scoop (34g)

so, an egg sandwich and a protien drink.
  • iffytiffyy
    iffytiffyy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    2 packs of strawberries and cream oatmeal and tea with honey
  • tifferz_91
    tifferz_91 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    ❤ homemade organic vegan chocolate chip pancakes- (made with 1/2 homemade organic oat flour)

❤ a side of organic raw coconut nectar

❤ homemade organic cheddar & bell pepper mini omelette muffins

❤ homemade organic vegan orange julius with chia seeds
  • tifferz_91
    tifferz_91 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    ❤ homemade organic vegan chocolate chip pancakes- (made with 1/2 homemade organic oat flour)

❤ a side of organic raw coconut nectar

❤ homemade organic vegan orange julius with chia seeds
  • ChristinaOrtiz23
    ChristinaOrtiz23 Posts: 1,546 Member
    Options
    banana and cream oatmeal and white cheddar rice cake with peanut nutter, very filling morning
  • SweetJoanne
    SweetJoanne Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    usually I make a veggie and fruit shake today had a cup of fresh blueberries with multi grain cheerios no milk mixed in
  • yelliezx
    yelliezx Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I just had a gala apple and a coffee with 1 milk.
  • needtobeskinny56
    Options
    Small portion of cereal with milk
  • j75j75
    j75j75 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    No breakfast for me. Follow IF (16:8). About to break my fast right now!!
  • pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    I switch around every day. A fried egg, fruit, celery/peanut butter, Greek yogurt, guacamole omelette.....today a box of raisins.
    Oatmeal is too filling for me but once in awhile.
  • Vivian06703188
    Vivian06703188 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Most mornings and I mean almost every morning. I eat Old Fashioned Oatmeal I put various types of frozen fruit in the oatmeal before I zap it for 2 minutes in the microwave. It is quick, easy, tasty and filling. Not the quick oats I hate those mushy oats. I also have one or two cups of coffee, then I'm good till lunch.