What did YOU eat for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    Green Machine smoothie from Vega One website:
    1 cup water
    3 tbs raw organic hemp powder (b/c I didn't have any Vega One Regular)
    1/2 Avocado
    1/2 cucumber (with skin)
    1 cup frozen mixed fruit (mango, pineapple, peaches & strawberries; was supposed to be 1/2 cup mango only but I had the mixed fruit, so used that)

Plus (since that was so little calories)
    1 egg scrambled
    w/ 1 cup collard greens fresh from the garden wilted in the eggs
    1 plum tomato fresh from the garden sliced
    Sprinkle of shredded parmesan cheese

Super yummy & nutritious too!!
  • Sedna_51
    Sedna_51 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    1 cup oatmeal with 1/4 c. raisins and 2 tsp brown sugar. Added a fruit leather strip and coffee with 1 tbsp flavored creamer when I got in the office. Sometimes I make peanut butter protein balls and have a few of those in the car on the way in.

Side note: When I started tracking my calories on here a few months ago, I realized I wasn't eating enough for breakfast or for lunch...which meant I would come home starving and immediately start eating anything I could lay my hands on. Now I make sure to eat up to a certain calorie level during the day and keep lots of healthy snacks at work (almonds, bananas, granola bars, yogurt) so I don't leave hungry. Working pretty well so far!
  • mewood72437
    mewood72437 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Protein smoothie with 1/2 cup almond milk, tbsp. flaxseed(ground) 1 cup kale and 1/4 cup each of raspberries, blueberries, strawberries and pineapple.
  • jdaley90
    jdaley90 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    egg whites, american cheese, homefries and BACON.. om nom nom
  • skyekeeper
    skyekeeper Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt w/ organic granola
  • babyj0
    babyj0 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I had a Monster Rehab Rojo Tea. I'm hungover. :sick:
  • jacklis
    jacklis Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup egg whites (tummy can't tolerate the yolks) with tsp ketchup
    1 piece Udi's gluten free bread toasted with real butter
    1 tablespoon of Kraft Whipped Peanut butter
    1 cup of tea with 1/2 teaspoon of splenda and 1/2 cup of foamy soy milk.

I love breakfast.
  • DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Two slices of whole grain toast with peanut butter, 3/4 c yogurt with 1/4 cup oatmeal mix (oats, flaxseed, hempseed hearts)
  • Cheechos
    Options
    One and a half strips of bacon, two eggs, and half a slice of a fancy little raspberry cake. :]
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    I had 2 eggs from my in-laws' chickens and an english muffin and cheddar cheese

ETA IMO it doesn't matter WHEN you eat your calories so I don't think breakfast will help you with your plateau unless it helps you eat fewer calories somehow. :)
  • Johanne1957
    Johanne1957 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I've always ate breakfast...I eat 1/2 cup oats, not instant, nuts, 1 yogurt, blueberries or strawberries or both...all mixed together.....very good and satisfying...
  • llbennett74
    llbennett74 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I enjoy steel cut oats with a variety of fresh or dried fruits and nuts. When I'm in a pinch, I'll stop by Panera Bread and pick up theirs instead. I also like doing eggwhite and veggie scrambles with ezekiel toast.
  • ZombieSlayer
    ZombieSlayer Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Either eggs scrambled with cheese (this morning) or oatmeal with coconut oil & brown sugar. Very rarely, on a weekend, I'll get pancakes... not protein healthy pancakes but full fat, high carb, smothered in syrup pancakes.
  • DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Sounds to ME like you're not eating nearly enough.
    However regarding your other question, this morning I had smoked turkey breast with mustard and American cheese on toasted bread. I just felt like a sandwich mood.
  • HOPEPATRICK74
    HOPEPATRICK74 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    During the work week I eat a cup of non fat greek yougurt around 830am and have a snack of Quaker Popped snacks around 1030am. I usually have a cup of coffee or a tea as well. then I eat lunch, that varies, as well as dinner.

On the weekend I eat 2 eggs and toast, and juice.

Good luck on your journey
  • mixedbag4444
    mixedbag4444 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Today I had Kashi Honey Almond Flax cereal with vanilla almond milk... mmmm... so tasty :D
  • Cazco29
    Cazco29 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    black coffee, 2 scrambled eggs, grilled mushrooms, 2 x Ryvita and a banana - keeps me going til lunch :smile:
  • leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Same as most mornings: a peanut butter sandwich (just pb) on a whole wheat sandwich thin plus 3 ounces of roast beef to increase the protein. Fast to fix, fast to eat. 400 calories in just a few minutes. Normally a couple hours later I will have a bowl of oatmeal plus protein powder, followed a couple hours later by a whole wheat bagel and some turkey..
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Honey nut cherrios & skim milk. I'm rushing in the morning & I'm glad I get that!
  • Sarra33
    Options
    1 cup steel cut oats
    1/4 cup 2% milk
    1/2 tsp brown sugar

Coffee