Body Beast Women's Group!

Options

Replies

• Nikusz
    Nikusz Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    the beast is in the mail. excited but wary - will I manage with normal dumbbells with plates, or will I lose too much time on changing weights?
  • evt84
    evt84 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Bulk Chest last night.......my arms feel SO DRAINED today......

Bulk Legs tonight......I'm scared!
  • ddavies919
    ddavies919 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    the beast is in the mail. excited but wary - will I manage with normal dumbbells with plates, or will I lose too much time on changing weights?

Woo hoo!!! You'll find that it goes kind of quickly but you can always pause the DVD to change your weights. I'm excited to hear how you like it!
  • ddavies919
    Options
    Bulk Chest last night.......my arms feel SO DRAINED today......

Bulk Legs tonight......I'm scared!

I love Bulk Chest! I love the flys because they target exactly where I need it! Don't be scared of Bulk Legs; in my opinion, it's easier than Build Legs! Get it girl!
  • Witchdoctor58
    Witchdoctor58 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm still pushing play, but I still find myself truly disabled for about 3 days after Build legs. Also, for some reason, my rhomboids and delts also get sore after that one. I seem to be using much heavier weights than some of you, though...for the basic squats and lunges I went to 22.5 lbs each side. Regardless, I'm glad that I'm done. Tonight I'll finish the build phase and then move on to bulk. Hopefully, I won't be needing as much recovery time, and if I can actually do the whole thing without pausing too much, I'll be able to go back to AM workouts.

I did find myself taking too much time to change plates, so I started to use dumbbells for some of those exercises.

Some people just need more recovery time, though. I need to respect my body, and I will still get results (perhaps better ones) if I take an extra day. I just need to watch the calories, though...about 2 lbs of fat came back over the month. Also, I've been too sore for proper cardio. I'm thinking two days cardio/wk from here on in, one solid and one lighter with more stretching, providing the Bulk legs doesn't destroy me like Build did. Or maybe I just need to go lighter on the weights for lower body so I can complete the rest of the week intact.

I welcome your thoughts on how best to approach build, given the intense soreness I experience. I did not have these issues with CLX two yrs ago, so this is specifically related to this program.
  • ddavies919
    Options
    Well, I'm still pushing play, but I still find myself truly disabled for about 3 days after Build legs. Also, for some reason, my rhomboids and delts also get sore after that one. I seem to be using much heavier weights than some of you, though...for the basic squats and lunges I went to 22.5 lbs each side. Regardless, I'm glad that I'm done. Tonight I'll finish the build phase and then move on to bulk. Hopefully, I won't be needing as much recovery time, and if I can actually do the whole thing without pausing too much, I'll be able to go back to AM workouts.

I did find myself taking too much time to change plates, so I started to use dumbbells for some of those exercises.

Some people just need more recovery time, though. I need to respect my body, and I will still get results (perhaps better ones) if I take an extra day. I just need to watch the calories, though...about 2 lbs of fat came back over the month. Also, I've been too sore for proper cardio. I'm thinking two days cardio/wk from here on in, one solid and one lighter with more stretching, providing the Bulk legs doesn't destroy me like Build did. Or maybe I just need to go lighter on the weights for lower body so I can complete the rest of the week intact.

I welcome your thoughts on how best to approach build, given the intense soreness I experience. I did not have these issues with CLX two yrs ago, so this is specifically related to this program.

So, here's the good news. You're moving on to Bulk! Bulk workouts are shorter and Bulk Legs (in my opinion) is much easier than Build! But that's me. It's those damn step ups to back lunges that get me in Build Legs!!! And then I'm sore for days! But, you're not the only one so don't worry; I don't think it's anything you're doing; I've heard the same thing from others! Keep at it, it will get better!
  • ddavies919
    Options
    So, since I'm doing the Lean version this go around, today was Focus T25 Speed 1.0 cardio for me and let me tell you something......this workout is NO joke! It's quick and effective and I was dripping in sweat!!!!! Feels good to get more cardio in as I have more fat to lose!

Have a great day ladies and keep up the good work!
  • 99Maria
    99Maria Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Today was Bulk legs for me. I upped my dumbbell weight to 25, 30 & 35 for all exercises, and I literally felt like I was going to puke. :laugh: I love Bulk legs! :heart:
  • ddavies919
    Options
    Happy Hump Day ladies!!!! :bigsmile:

Well, today was Build Legs for me! Damn!!! What a workout! I increased weights on all moves! Round 2 baby! Now I'm refueling with my beast shake! Oh so good! I need to keep fueled all day long.....here's a breakdown of my crazy day but I love it!

6:30am - taught P90X class
    9:30am - Build Legs
    12:30pm - PT session (I'm the PT)
    4:00pm - doing a T25 workout with some Navy recruits! They have no idea what they're in for!!! :bigsmile:
    5:30pm - teach another P90X class
    7:00pm - eat dinner and crash!!!

How's everyone doing with their workouts? Any struggles or moves you don't like? What's your favorite workout so far?
  • BeastLady90
    Options
    After a few days off, i'm back in the program. Today back&bis. Tomorrow is an cardio day. But thinking of doing a chest/tris workout because i've missed some workouts. After that i maybe will do a focus t25 workout also tomorrow.

What's the best way to workout first?
  • ddavies919
    Options
    After a few days off, i'm back in the program. Today back&bis. Tomorrow is an cardio day. But thinking of doing a chest/tris workout because i've missed some workouts. After that i maybe will do a focus t25 workout also tomorrow.

Welcome back! If you're thinking of doing two workouts, I would do your strength first. Especially if you're doing it with T25. I know for me personally, if I did T25 first, I'd be toast and not want to do anything after! lol
  • BeastLady90
    Options

Welcome back! If you're thinking of doing two workouts, I would do your strength first. Especially if you're doing it with T25. I know for me personally, if I did T25 first, I'd be toast and not want to do anything after! lol

Thanks for your advice. I must say. I start seeing some results and feel definetly a lot stronger. Those days of rest have done me good :)
  • BeastLady90
    Options
    Finished 2 workouts 2day! Yeah! Now this weekend a lot of dancing :) I'm ready for it. Next week i'll start the bulk phase. Very excited! Have a good weekend ladies!
  • ddavies919
    Options
    Hello ladies! Happy Friday!!!! Today was Build Shoulders for me! I love working my shoulders! I also taught P90X twice today. I am ready for the weekend!!!!
  • jarrettd
    jarrettd Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I love Build Back & Bi's, but always seem to have soreness in my neck the day after.

Any hints on not engaging the neck while working the back, or is it meant to hit the neck as well?
  • bslaf5
    Options
    I just found your group. After watching my husband do the beast. I finally have decided to get off my lazy butt and do it as well. I hope to stay motivated to do all 90 days. Just about to start day 1. Here goes nothing.
  • ddavies919
    Options
    I just found your group. After watching my husband do the beast. I finally have decided to get off my lazy butt and do it as well. I hope to stay motivated to do all 90 days. Just about to start day 1. Here goes nothing.

Welcome!!!! You will love it!
  • BeastLady90
    Options
    Have to work now but men-o-men what a tough workout yesterday! Bulk legs was far more intensive than i expected. Read some reviews by some of you girls that is was meant to be easier...NOT

Can't barley walk the stairs!
  • ddavies919
    Options
    Bulk Chest today! I increased my weights on everything!!!! Felt awesome! Oddly, I'm looking forward to being sore!
  • BeastLady90
    Options
    Today will be bulk back day! Have to adopt the new style of sets. The new introduced progressive sets i experience as very tough, which is good on the other side.