What did YOU eat for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• astange83
    Options
    Same thing everyday for me:

Multigrain English Muffin (Healthy Life or Thomas) 80-100 cal depending on brand
    1 tablespoon of reduced fat peanut butter 85 cal
    Protein Milkshake (10oz fat free milk, and 1 scoop of Body Fortress Chocolate Whey Isolate Protein) about 230 cal (only on workout days, non work out days no shake)

395-415 calories depending on which muffin I can get. And yes I measure everything.
  • lovebig30
    lovebig30 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    a cup of iced coffee with scoop of soy protein powder
    an hour or so later ill have a piece of fruit
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    Today I had the last 1/4 cup of the bag of almonds I picked up the other day.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Great Value Apples & Cinnamon oatmeal & I threw in two granny smith apples, a banana, and some cinnamon almonds. I was full until break.
  • thatonepersonfromtheinternet
    Options
    My usual of a cup of oatmeal, raspberries, and a mug of black coffee :)
  • S0nsh1ne
    S0nsh1ne Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I normally eat 2 tbs of pb and wheat thins with a piece of fruit mid morning
    oh and I have a large dt dew with that
  • Nikoruo
    Nikoruo Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    It's between cereal with skim milk, egg and toast, oats with a touch of brown sugar usually. If i'm feeling really crazy i might have crumpets and tea or toast and coffee... or pancakes!
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Was a Very Busy morning so 15.2 oz Protein Smoothie with Dymatize Elite XT Blueberry Muffin Powder,Matcha Green Tea Powder,about 2/3 cup blueberries,Lactose Free Milk.
  • rawfull
    rawfull Posts: 178
    Options
    Kale smoothie...

6 cups of kale
    2 bananas
    1 cup frozen wild blueberries
    1/8 cup raw hulled sesame seeds
    1 cup water
    Blended... and tasty...

561 Calories , Fat 11 grams, Protein 19 grams, Sugars 36 grams, Potassium 845 mg, Calcium 73% DV, Iron 54% DV
  • susan420
    Options
    I had 3 hard boiled eggs and 2 pieces of bacon.
  • Morn66
    Options
    I'm at work by 6AM. I work for a newspaper; newspapers keep odd hours. I find I that I get the most done between 6 and 8 AM because few other people are there to bug me and there are no *$&!ing meetings to attend. So I get there early and then I'm outta there at 2 or 3 PM. The downside is that the last thing I want to do when I get up at 4AMish is eat something.

So, I'm bad at breakfast and whatever I eat is grabbed, stuffed in a bag, and taken to work with me and eaten usually around 7:30ish. So, usually it's just fruit. Maybe sometimes a (soy or coconut milk, because I'm vegan) yogurt. Sometimes I'll have some OJ with my fruit. (Sugar is good for me. The liver condition has resulted in it not storing glycogen properly, so I'm prone to sudden energy crashes that can be severe. As in, major organs shut down because they don't have enough quick energy to function.) I also keep a few boxes of sugary cereal like Froot Loops in my office, in case I need yet more quick sugar. Today, I had a packet of raspberries and a blueberry soy yogurt.

On weekends, though, I brunch. I'll make some decadent baked oatmeal. Or, I loves me some tofu scramble (The vegan version of scrambled eggs), some hash browns with veggies like peppers or even Brussels sprouts, and some seitan sausage that I make myself. Or pancakes! Blueberry pancakes are on tap for tomorrow, I think. With maple syrup and (vegan) butter, of course!
  • lonnieart
    lonnieart Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I would've eaten more, but I am surprisingly full.

I had a banana while waiting for my first ever loaf of homemade whole wheat bread to finish baking, and after one slice (with margarine), I feel like I won't need to eat for about 5 hours, haha. I'm probably just not as hungry because I skipped my morning workout in order to make the bread.

That and some Yunnan gold pu-erh tea.
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I had cottage cheese mixed with some Danone with musli. Also a nectarine. And coffee with milk.
    I also wanted a hard boiled egg but didn't have any eggs at home, lol.
  • Morn66
    Options
    Yep, the blueberry pancakes were definitely on tap today. :) Three big ones. Made with cornmeal and wheat flour and almond milk and maple syrup right in the batter and a bit of lemon juice and lemon zest for zing, they were delish with Earth Balance and still more maple syrup. Mmm mmm good.

Also, a nectarine, because one of mine needed to be eaten or else it was going to be too mushy.
  • Sarra33
    Options
    Isagenix protein shake - 1 scoop vanilla, 1 scoop chocolate
    Coffee
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with Chocolate Peanut Butter protein powder, Chia seeds, 1/2 banana and Silk Almond milk (everything all mixed together in the end)

Coffee/ Sugar Free vanilla creamer

337 calories.
  • Lissybeff
    Lissybeff Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I pretty much eat porridge oats with anything in the morning, you can have them sweet or savoury. I like to use half almond milk and half water and add dried fruit and almonds, or add chopped bacon and maple syrup (the really 100% natural stuff).

I also like gluten free bagels with cashew nut butter and maple syrup.

Or.... Gluten free 97% meat sausages, and poached eggs.

I always eat the most calories at breakfast, it's when I need most if my energy.
  • KingRat79
    KingRat79 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    normally eat the same thing

2 scoops whey protine
    50g black berries
    one banna (100g)
    50g oats
    170 g fat free greek yoghurt
    100mls almond milk

500kcals
    65g carbs
    45g protein
  • cpsf73
    Options
    6oz of plain greek yogurt with 2T of sugar free vanilla syrup
    1/2C of blueberries
    1 slice of toast (vogel's soy and flaxseed) with 1tsp blueberry preserves
    1 cup of black coffee
  • Kr1ptonite
    Kr1ptonite Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with Blueberry's and Strawberry's. Been having the same thing for years. I just love to eat oatmeal for breakfast.