*THANKSGIVING WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE*

Options

Replies

• KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Hi

Sorry I am a bit late. I am 136.4 this week on my home scale - but always seem to be a bit heavier when my trainer weighs me at the gym (?). Still being really strict about eating and exercising a LOT, so I'm hoping that the weight will start coming off a bit faster in the coming weeks!

Have a great weekend,

D

What time are you working out? Are you getting weighed before or after meals? Before or after working out? All this will effect how you weigh in :)
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    As a "side note" ... I weighed again this morning and I was down another pound ... so I am at 170.4 lbs and I believe my beginning weight for this challenge was 175.6.

EDIT: found my original post:

Starting weight - 180
    Current weight- 178.8
    Goal weight - 158 by Thanksgiving

So let's just call it 10lbs lost since beginning this challenge.
  • sjyates
    sjyates Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Karen - 10 lbs lost is AWESOME!!! Congrats! :drinker:
  • JodieHut
    JodieHut Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday Challengers!! Everyone is doing great..... I'm so proud of us!!!!

The sun is FINALLY coming out in Virginia after a whole LOT of rain! It's going to be a great weekend! Let's all try to squeeze in a bit more exercise than normal to boost our metabolism..... they say that helps anyway!

Dont forget to check out the spreadsheet with everyones progress.... I think its very motivational.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=ti8_i5qvPaYgBQgc_CgRKzA&authkey=COTci2A&tab=Share&userstoinvite=rachiebblue@gmail.com&authkey=COTci2A#gid=0

PS....This weekend I'll be sending out supportive messsages to those who havent checked in this week.... feel free to do the same.... a little extra nudge never hurt!!!
  • glasielady
    glasielady Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I know that weigh in is on Wednesday but I got on the scales at the Y this morning and I weighed in at 197.5. At least the scales are going in the right direction for a change, that really lifted my sprits.
  • JodieHut
    Options
    I know that weigh in is on Wednesday but I got on the scales at the Y this morning and I weighed in at 197.5. At least the scales are going in the right direction for a change, that really lifted my sprits.

Congrats! It's always a good feeling to see the scale move downward. I know we give it too much power sometimes though. When the batterey in my digital scale died last week I was tempted to NOT replace it! But, I did. I just wish that stupid thing didnt have so much influence on my mood. I'm getting better though... I only get on it two or times a week instead of two or three times a day!

Happy Saturday Challengers! Let's make it an active day..... and lots of healthy food choices.
  • Ebth2306
    Options
    Super nervous this weekend. I am traveling (a family wedding) and I really have been doing well and I don't want to ruin it!! This morning I ate at the hotel for breakfast, thought I was doing good, went to track my cals and I had eaten 500 of my 1330 cals!!!! OH WELL! I am learning and I know the choices I made that I can change next time so I guess that is good. It means I can't do much for lunch because who knows what they are serving at the wedding tonight!!

On a better note I was able to have wine last night at the rehearsal dinner AND stay under my calorie goal!!

I weigh in on Mondays so it could be bad....oh well live and LEARN right??

Elizabeth
  • dfast
    dfast Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi

Sorry I am a bit late. I am 136.4 this week on my home scale - but always seem to be a bit heavier when my trainer weighs me at the gym (?). Still being really strict about eating and exercising a LOT, so I'm hoping that the weight will start coming off a bit faster in the coming weeks!

Have a great weekend,

D

What time are you working out? Are you getting weighed before or after meals? Before or after working out? All this will effect how you weigh in :)

Yes this time I am going to do a proper body fat composition weigh in before I work out - but I will have to eat before I do it because my trainer KILLS me with an hour of weight training right after that! So we'll see. On a positive note I can't really work any harder, so I guess it will just come off when it comes off. We still have lots of time in the challenge so I still hope I can meet my goal. Thanks for the support!

D
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    Karen - 10 lbs lost is AWESOME!!! Congrats! :drinker:

thank you ! ... I actually was naughty and weighed again today and I was down a little more so I put the scale away! I have to recalibrate everytime I move it so it will deter me from looking at it again till next week! LOL
  • ElvenMother427
    Options
    I am finding this all sooooo stressful. But I think it is getting a little easier. I live in a household where no one else will make any effort to keep my temptations outta here. None of them think I should bother trying to lose weight. In a way it's good because it means it is absolutley all about me and all about MY choices. I can't blame any of it on anyone else. I just have to do this right and make it stick.

I totally get this. My roommate had weight loss surgery a while back and is really thin now, but she doesn't follow the directions they gave her and she and my husband are always eating fatty foods like it's no big deal and getting offended when I won't eat what they make or buy and go off and make my own food or buy something healthier. I feel bad sometimes cause I don't want to be rude. But, I care about what goes into my body and my son's for that matter and I am trying really hard not to be pressured into eating garbage food tat is loaded with calories and fat. It is hard, but we are worth it. Good for you for sticking to your guns and eating right. :):)
  • MEK48
    MEK48 Posts: 5
    Options
    I know I am a month behind but I would like to join in?
  • MEK48
    MEK48 Posts: 5
    Options
    I am at 179.4 currently.
    10/6 178
    10/13 175
    10/20 172
    10/27 169
    11/03 166
    11/10 163
    11/17 160
    11/24 157

22 total lbs gone by Thanksgiving.
  • JodieHut
    Options
    I know I am a month behind but I would like to join in?

Welcome MEK48!! There's still plenty of time to drop some pounds before Turkey day!!
  • nursmem
    nursmem Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the late post...but I am posting last Wed wt. I'm still in the game...have a great Fall day!!!

SW 204 (back in June '10)
    CW 174
    GW 157 (Turkey Day!)

Wt Check on 9/28/10 174 lbs (-3 lbs)
  • hplvt
    hplvt Posts: 62
    Options
    sorry I'm late, I took a week off to regain some focus and rework my program. I kept hitting a wall and decided to scale back and stop trying to get results so fast. Today's weight in 170 and that is a big slide back. :cry: but I would rather get into a good groove than keep falling off the wagon after 2-3 weeks!
  • JodieHut
    Options
    Thanks for posting.... its never too late! I've been 'dieting' for thirty years, so I know all about backsliding. You have to come up with a plan that you can live with.... so I congratulate you for taking the time to figure that out.

I think I have finally found my 'groove'..... I cant wait to weigh-in tomorrow! You all are so motivational for me.... thanks to everyone for taking part in this challenge. I feel stronger every day, and I dont even feel scared at the thought of all those yummy Christmas cookie that will be set under my nose in a few short weeks!!!

We can do this!!!!
  • JodieHut
    Options
    I weigh-in on Tuesdays, so I will post today as well..... once again, I am thrilled to have had a good week! I lost 4.5 pounds! YAY me!!

Challenge:
    SW: 206.9
    CW: 196.2
    GW: 186.9
    Total lost: 10.7
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    wow Jodie AMAZING AND WELL DONE! I will post tomorrow morning when I weigh in :)
  • JENN17501
    Options
    IS IT TOO LATE TO JOIN THE CHALLENGE EVEN THOUGH YOU'RE ABOUT HALF WAY THROUGH? I JUST FOUND THE WEB SITE AND NEED A GOOD GROUP TO PLUG INTO. I AM ENJOYING READING THE POSTS OF THE CHALLENGE SO FAR.
  • JodieHut
    Options
    IS IT TOO LATE TO JOIN THE CHALLENGE EVEN THOUGH YOU'RE ABOUT HALF WAY THROUGH? I JUST FOUND THE WEB SITE AND NEED A GOOD GROUP TO PLUG INTO. I AM ENJOYING READING THE POSTS OF THE CHALLENGE SO FAR.

Please join!!! We still have seven weeks til Turkey Day, so set a goal and jump in!!!