melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    i dont at oatmeal
    but id put fresh blueberries or strawberries in tehre
  • DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    hemp seeds, raisins, chopped walnuts and a dash of cinnamon
  • berriboobear
    berriboobear Posts: 524 Member
    My "go-to" is adding a teeny bit of milk and bananas haha, I know so boring!
  • It's not what I put in my oatmeal, it's what I put my oatmeal in.
    I make a breakfast smoothie with ½ cup light vanilla soy milk, ⅓ cup powdered milk, ¼ cup dry minute oats, ½-1 cup frozen fruit & a small banana.
    About 300 calories that can last me till lunch.
  • O2Bslimagain
    O2Bslimagain Posts: 120 Member
    Wow, so many ideas. I might have to try each one to see what they are like. Here is my concoction. Steel cut oats, blueberries, maple syrup, greek yogurt, ground flaxseed.

Concoction #2. Oatmeal, apples, cinnamon, flaxseed and maple syrup.

Concoction #3. Oatmeal, cinnamon, brown sugar, cottage cheese, almond slivers.

Concoction #4. Oatmeal, bran, wheat germ, apples, cinnamon, maple syrup. I tried flaxseed in this one and it does not taste good at all.

If I don't put greek yogurt in I will add almond milk. Dark Chocolate almond milk is delicious!
  • bikerbiz
    bikerbiz Posts: 179 Member
    Irish oatmeal (pin oats)...made with almond milk and a bit of real vanilla. I add in peanut butter and honey to eat. Very good!
  • sweetNsassy2584
    sweetNsassy2584 Posts: 515 Member
    Apple Pie Steel Cut Oats in the crockpot..

1 Cup of steel cut oats
    1 C of unsweetened almond milk plus 3 C of water
    2 tsp of cinnamon
    1 apple diced
    2 Tbs of chai seeds
    1/4 C of raisins
    Stevia to taste.

Layer all of the ingredients in the crockpot, pour the milk and water over the top and cook on low for 7 hours. Its absolutely delicious! Sometimes I add a scoop of protein powder to boost the protein.

It makes 5 servings.
    Cal Carbs Fat Protein Iron Fiber
    189 33 3 9 11 5
  • sarahsedai
    sarahsedai Posts: 273 Member
    oooh. i like this thread. lots of yummy ideas. :) i usually have my oatmeal with agave nectar. my oatmeal seems so boring in comparison!
  • sbrownallison
    sbrownallison Posts: 314 Member
    So many good ideas here. I do have oatmeal EVERY morning. I made the change from skim milk to unsweetened almond milk a few months ago: Love it! Until the past week, I would also have a serving of fruit but I have eliminated that at breakfast. I found that in general I was not hitting my protein macro and was over on "sugars", so (after reading a tip on a MFP post) I have begun using protein powder stirred into the hot oatmeal. I'm liking it.
  • cinnamon and walden farms maple syrup
  • tumbledownhouse
    tumbledownhouse Posts: 178 Member
    chia seeds, mixed dried berry cherry mix, splash of milk, drizzle of honey... mmmm
  • almarsala
    almarsala Posts: 168 Member
    Bump
  • _rozamu
    _rozamu Posts: 119 Member
    Bump for oatmeal ideas!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    I'm having Oatmeal right now. I buy it in bulk. 10 Grain. Add Dried Cherries and chopped Pecans to it. A little butter and brown sugar.
  • ShyPar
    ShyPar Posts: 13 Member
    Usually just honey and a small bit of brown sugar, I'm pretty simple! :)
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    I just finished my oatmeal. :) I typically make cinnamon-raisin steel cut oatmeal. Every Sunday night I'll boil some water, put 1 cup of dry steel cut oats in a mason jar, add about 3 cups water and a 1/2 tsp of cinnamon. Leave overnight.

The next morning they are soft and ready to be eaten and I have enough for 4 meals for the rest of the week (leave the mason jar in the fridge at this point).

I take some of the cooked oats and a little of the water and put it in the microwave for a short time to reheat. Add raisins, a dash of xylitol and a sprinkle of grounded flax and chia seeds. I like making them with berries, natural yogurt and vanilla rice milk sometimes as well.

So good and keeps me full for hours!
  • bkyoun
    bkyoun Posts: 371 Member
    Steel cut oatmeal is the way to go. It is so much heartier. It takes a long time to make, but I usually just cook up enough for the whole week on Sunday and store it in the fridge. I usually add 1/2 cup of blueberries to it. 185 calories in all and keeps me full until lunch.
  • cadaverousbones
    cadaverousbones Posts: 421 Member
    - honey

- pb2

- cream
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    I make quick cook steel cuts (which I love!!) with 2/3 cup milk, pinch of salt and some cinnamon - micro 5 minutes @ 50% power then add 16 all natural chocolate chips. It IS delicious!
  • emirror
    emirror Posts: 842 Member
    Steel cut with unsalted butter and brown sugar.