Do you men really want a low maintenance woman?

Options

Replies

• ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    well, personally i don't want some frumpy homebody that is happy in yoga pants and an sweatshirt every day. then again, i don't want a girl thats going to spend two hours getting ready to go to the grocery store.

i want a girl, with a mind like a diamond.

I want a girl who knows what's best.

No, you just want a girl with a short skirt and a looooooong, looooong jacket.

Cue the horn.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    This thread is funny. :laugh:
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    I'm low maintenance, I'm naturally beautiful. My milkshake brings all the boys to they yard. So there.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    I define a "low Maintenance woman" as one who is self-sufficient, free-thinking, smart, reliant. A person who knows herself.

Not defined by how long it takes her to get ready for a date.
  • Naomi0504
    Naomi0504 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    No, we LOVE, LOVE, LOVE high maintenance. Please tell me more about the new Ulta in town.

This is funny, I love Ulta :smile:

It doesn't take me long to get ready either, and I do it for myself. I agree with a pp that high maintenance means emotionally needy and clingy moreso than doing their hair and makeup.
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    I just want a woman who doesn't (female dog) about stupid (feces)...
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I never thought about the emotionally high maintenance aspect. I think that would almost be worse. Both would be a trainwreck lol
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    well, personally i don't want some frumpy homebody that is happy in yoga pants and an sweatshirt every day. then again, i don't want a girl thats going to spend two hours getting ready to go to the grocery store.

i want a girl, with a mind like a diamond.

I want a girl who knows what's best.

I want a girl in a short skirt and a loooooooooooooooooong

Looooong jacket

edit: I got wizarded :-/
  • Jesstruhan
    Jesstruhan Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    My BF loves that I am low maintenance, but we both understand that we shouldn't do everything together. I don't NEED him, I WANT him in my life.

Also I think every man has a different definition of LM.

1. Doesn't need constant attention, still fun to be around and easy to understand. Looks nice most of the time (but he doesn't notice the time taken to do it because she's good at hiding it or is really fast at it).
    2. Doesn't need to spend a hundred years getting ready to go or primping. Not an expensive date. Not full of above-average expectations. Not super needy/clingy.
    3. Likes sports, camping, can hang with the guys without clinging, can change her own spark plugs. ...but I think LM definition #3 is like the bonus round.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Yes, I certainly want a low maintenance woman. It's not all about "being pretty enough to not put on makeup".

My most recent girlfriend was high maintenance. She spent 5 nights a week at my place, but it wasn't enough for her. She was upset that she only gets to see me at night - but I work 9-5, and she worked noon - 9. I'm not sure when else she expected to see me.

She was upset because I didn't stay the night at her place more than a few times, despite the fact she lives with her mom and I live alone.

She was upset that I have a really good job that would provide more than enough income to support her and children in a pricey market if she chose to be a stay at home mom - because sometimes I had to answer the phone at 10pm when we were together, or even on a weekend god forbid.

She wanted to move in with me after 7 months and I wasn't ready. If we were texting and I told her I was busy, she'd phone me several times, text me, and facebook me because she had a "really important" (ie nonsense) question.

My best friend is a woman, and sometimes she phones me to get some people to go to a bar to watch a hockey game while my GF was at work. "But why does Monique want to hang out with you? Does she have no other friends?"

Sure she does, but I'm ****ing awesome, who wouldn't want to hang out with me?

And because she was too high maintenance, Sadly, I had to end the relationship with a woman who otherwise I really loved because I just couldn't deal with silly little things she couldn't let go....

THIS is what high maintenance is. It has nothing to do with how long it takes you to get dressed or how much money we spend on you. The real question is "Are you going to suck out the marrow of our soul and complain that there's nothing left when you're done?"

I don't sound bitter at all do I?
  • fitmomhappymom
    fitmomhappymom Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I'm not a man, but based on my experience with my fiance I say they THINK they want one but they really don't understand what that means. My fiance wishes I wouldn't take so long to get ready, but better believe he loves how I look when I'm ready. He notices and comments when I'm past due for a pedicure, but complains when I go to get a pedicure that he wishes I would just stay home with him. He loves when my hair is freshly done, but again complains that I have to go get it done. And don't even get me started on botox and cosmetics.
    He points out other women (I know, it sounds horrible) that are wearing over sized Tees and hair just thrown up and says "I can't believe she's going out to dinner dressed like that!" and I remind him THAT is what natural usually looks like. Men think we should just wake up completely beautiful, but the reality is it takes time to do our hair, put on a little make up and a nice outfit. Totally worth it in my opinion.

Edit to add that I love fishing, video games and most outdoor activities and NO I don't require hair and make up to do those things. There is a time and place for every face. :wink:
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    You know,

I never asked my ex to pay for anything and I rarely wear make-up...

and he still insisted I was high-maintenance.

And I'm like "Dude, it takes you 2+ hours to get ready to go anywhere! I roll out of bed, and I'm out the door in 15 minutes."

I don't get this high/low maintenance thing.

i don't see high/low maintenence haing much to do with how long someone takes to get ready or how much makeup they wear.
  • Jesstruhan
    Jesstruhan Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I define a "low Maintenance woman" as one who is self-sufficient, free-thinking, smart, reliant. A person who knows herself.

Not defined by how long it takes her to get ready for a date.
    ^^^^This!!!
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    so the consensus is..........

men like women who smell good, look nice, shave their legs, pluck their eyebrows, put effort into their appearance.....

but don't spend any time getting ready (or at least not any longer than YOU take, so that you're not waiting for us).

did I miss anything?

FINNAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Someone who gets it.

so glad I cleared this up. TIL men like to contradict themselves. oh wait....
  • liftingheavy1
    Options
    this type of women for me Proverbs 31:10-31

A wife of noble character who can find?
    She is worth far more than rubies.

Her husband has full confidence in her

and lacks nothing of value.

She brings him good, not harm,

all the days of her life.

She selects wool and flax

and works with eager hands.

She is like the merchant ships,

bringing her food from afar.

She gets up while it is still night;

she provides food for her family

and portions for her female servants.

She considers a field and buys it;

out of her earnings she plants a vineyard.

She sets about her work vigorously;

her arms are strong for her tasks.

She sees that her trading is profitable,

and her lamp does not go out at night.

In her hand she holds the distaff

and grasps the spindle with her fingers.

She opens her arms to the poor

and extends her hands to the needy.

When it snows, she has no fear for her household;

for all of them are clothed in scarlet.

She makes coverings for her bed;

she is clothed in fine linen and purple.

Her husband is respected at the city gate,

where he takes his seat among the elders of the land.

She makes linen garments and sells them,

and supplies the merchants with sashes.

She is clothed with strength and dignity;

she can laugh at the days to come.

She speaks with wisdom,

and faithful instruction is on her tongue.

She watches over the affairs of her household

and does not eat the bread of idleness.

Her children arise and call her blessed;

her husband also, and he praises her:

Many women do noble things,

but you surpass them all.”

Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;

but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.

Honor her for all that her hands have done,

and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    Options
    so the consensus is..........

men like women who smell good, look nice, shave their legs, pluck their eyebrows, put effort into their appearance.....

but don't spend any time getting ready (or at least not any longer than YOU take, so that you're not waiting for us).

did I miss anything?

Men like how we run, they just don't want to know how the engine got put together.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,584 Member
    Options
    I mean, really? Whether it's the monetary cost or time savings, do you really think you'd be happier with a low maintenance woman? All I hear is complaining about how much a haircut/color costs or how much time it takes to straighten hair, put on makeup, etc. I'm just wondering. Only about 2% of us can get away with being naturally pretty. We all need a little help.

Thoughts?
    If one thinks that they NEED to enhance to be "pretty" (which is totally subjective by the way), then it may not be the make-up, manicure/pedicure, hair coloring, etc. that needs to be addressed. I believe it's more an attitude and personality thing, then just how one looks.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm Well considering all of the ladies posting who log their meals exercise alot and took those pretty profiles pics to post.....

that does not sound low maintenance to me

I think men want a lady who can go either way depending on the situation. I think everyone is confusing primping with drama
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    No, I like high maintenance women.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    this type of women for me Proverbs 31:10-31

A wife of noble character who can find?
    She is worth far more than rubies.

Her husband has full confidence in her

and lacks nothing of value.

She brings him good, not harm,

all the days of her life.

She selects wool and flax

and works with eager hands.

She is like the merchant ships,

bringing her food from afar.

She gets up while it is still night;

she provides food for her family

and portions for her female servants.

She considers a field and buys it;

out of her earnings she plants a vineyard.

She sets about her work vigorously;

her arms are strong for her tasks.

She sees that her trading is profitable,

and her lamp does not go out at night.

In her hand she holds the distaff

and grasps the spindle with her fingers.

She opens her arms to the poor

and extends her hands to the needy.

When it snows, she has no fear for her household;

for all of them are clothed in scarlet.

She makes coverings for her bed;

she is clothed in fine linen and purple.

Her husband is respected at the city gate,

where he takes his seat among the elders of the land.

She makes linen garments and sells them,

and supplies the merchants with sashes.

She is clothed with strength and dignity;

she can laugh at the days to come.

She speaks with wisdom,

and faithful instruction is on her tongue.

She watches over the affairs of her household

and does not eat the bread of idleness.

Her children arise and call her blessed;

her husband also, and he praises her:

Many women do noble things,

but you surpass them all.”

Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;

but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.

Honor her for all that her hands have done,

and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.

and a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong jacket.