Do you men really want a low maintenance woman?

Options

Replies

• contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    A high maintenance woman will constantly put her man in a position where he must make otherwise unnecessary sacrifices--whether of his money, time, effort, or of his mental/emotional well being--because unlike a normal woman, who can understand and process many different forms of love and affection, she is only capable of understanding sacrifice.

:huh: you've got to be kidding right?
    I pay for my own hair, nails, cosmetics, clothes, shoes, procedures, etc. I make more money than my SO. I require nothing from him other than friendship and love. Time, effort and sacrifice for the good of the family is something we BOTH put in and is to be expected for any relationship.

I believe I mentioned having my own definition of low/high maintenance before saying the excerpt you quoted. It has nothing to do with looks. I then went on to say that I do also appreciate a woman who tends to keep the aesthetic stuff to a minimum because I like what it says about her sense of practicality. Take for example high heels. I hate them with a passion. My ideal woman would wear sneakers whenever the situation permitted because of their practicality.

mmmk.
    Well have fun on your next trip to the "build a woman workshop"

Ummm... k?

My ideal woman would wear whatever footwear she wants to wear because she's a human being who can make her own decisions, not some plaything that exists to please me.

And you're reading into this and getting what exactly? I would want that because of what it says about her personality. Not because she's doing it for me. You people are reading WAY too much into that.
  • just_Jennie1
    Options
    A high maintenance woman will constantly put her man in a position where he must make otherwise unnecessary sacrifices--whether of his money, time, effort, or of his mental/emotional well being--because unlike a normal woman, who can understand and process many different forms of love and affection, she is only capable of understanding sacrifice.

I pay for my own hair, nails, cosmetics, clothes, shoes, procedures, etc. I make more money than my SO. I require nothing from him other than friendship and love. Time, effort and sacrifice for the good of the family is something we BOTH put in and is to be expected for any relationship.

I believe I mentioned having my own definition of low/high maintenance before saying the excerpt you quoted. It has nothing to do with looks. I then went on to say that I do also appreciate a woman who tends to keep the aesthetic stuff to a minimum because I like what it says about her sense of practicality. Take for example high heels. I hate them with a passion. My ideal woman would wear sneakers whenever the situation permitted because of their practicality.

mmmk.

Ummm... k?

My ideal woman would wear whatever footwear she wants to wear because she's a human being who can make her own decisions, not some plaything that exists to please me.

And you're reading into this and getting what exactly? I would want that because of what it says about her personality. Not because she's doing it for me. You people are reading WAY too much into that.

Wait.

So.

High Heels = High Maintenance? :huh:

ooooohhhhhhhhhh kaaaaaaaay.

I have a closet full of high heels that I love to wear. Why? Because I like the way they look. They make me feel sexy and tall. They make my legs look long and my butt look great. I wear sneakers ONLY if I am going to be doing a lot of walking as I feel sneakers are quite dumpy.

"Sneakers whenever permitted" *snickers* Now that's funny. If I was with a man and he told me what I can and can't wear on my feet (or in general) because of something HE perceives you bet your butt I"d tell him to take a hike.

So, along with the sneakers does your "ideal woman" also have your dinner ready and waiting for you when you walk through the door from a hard days work? Does she massage your feet and obey your every command and does she end every sentence with "yes master"?
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options

mmmk.

Ummm... k?

Wait.

So.

High Heels = High Maintenance? :huh:

ooooohhhhhhhhhh kaaaaaaaay.

I have a closet full of high heels that I love to wear. Why? Because I like the way they look. They make me feel sexy and tall. They make my legs look long and my butt look great. I wear sneakers ONLY if I am going to be doing a lot of walking as I feel sneakers are quite dumpy.

"Sneakers whenever permitted" *snickers* Now that's funny. If I was with a man and he told me what I can and can't wear on my feet (or in general) because of something HE perceives you bet your butt I"d tell him to take a hike.

So, along with the sneakers does your "ideal woman" also have your dinner ready and waiting for you when you walk through the door from a hard days work? Does she massage your feet and obey your every command and does she end every sentence with "yes master"?

Again, reading comprehension. I stated earlier in my original post, which was abbreviated, that it was unrelated. That was another matter entirely. My original post was differentiating my definition of high maintenance from anything pertaining to appearance or grooming and then went on to give examples of both in order to hopefully explain how they differ in my eyes.

Seriously where are you getting this info? Sneakers when permitted = sneakers when at a place whose dress code allowed it. Where are you getting this idea that it's about what I allow? I do not want to be coddled and I do not want a slave girl. I want an independent person. I was merely stating that due to my rather over-the-top practical nature, a woman who was not equally practical (and used wearing heels as opposed to sneakers as an example) would probably not be compatible with me. I was merely stating that I want the type of woman who is too practically minded to ever WANT to wear heels and would only wear them if we were attending some sort of situation where formal dress code REQUIRED it.

I don't know how you can read my original post an extract anything that indicates a controlling nature. You're taking things WAY out of context, and the way you're interpreting it says a lot more about you than you think it does.
  • nikkylyn
    nikkylyn Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I wear minimal makeup with a pony tail most times.. occasionally I wear it down but I usually have a baby trying to pull it out strand by strand. so ouch no. up it goes. It doesnt take me too long.. I think Im low maintenance. I dont think low main. mean you dont care about your appearance just that you dont need 2 hrs to get ready I def think thats a plus. Noone cares that much why waste all that time. haha
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    I exclusively like and pursue high maintenance women.
  • pintobean82
    Options
    I use to be very big in to hair and make up but my husband always preferred me to look more natural. I haven't worn make up in years and I no longer color my hair. He's never been happier. I also get more compliments now than I did when I was fixing myself up everyday.
  • samammay
    Options
    No, we LOVE, LOVE, LOVE high maintenance. Please tell me more about the new Ulta in town.
    Quoted for sarcastic truth.

I can tell you the name and availability date of the next Urban Decay palette. Guess if my wife is high or low maintenance?
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    I am low maintenance pretty much I mean I get my brows waxed and buy hair dye but I rarely wear makeup....
  • debbash68
    debbash68 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    My collar and cuffs match does this make me high maintenance
  • Tiff050709
    Tiff050709 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    My husband wants me to do whatever makes me happy and he doesn't mind it either way. He loves me for who I am. Sounds corny, probably.
  • wjniii
    wjniii Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    During the previous meeting of the Intergalactic Male Hive Mind, we voted and determined: Yes.
    I was at that meeting and I, too, voted yes.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    There is a difference between "low maintenance" and "no maintenance". Wearing makeup (natural, not caked on), at least brushing the hair, if not styling it to some degree, making sure your clothes are neat and your legs etc are shaved... those are just a normal part of a woman's routine. Sure, there are guys out there who prefer women with hairy legs and no makeup, but it shouldn't be looked down on when women take care of themselves and make an effort to look pretty.

As for the women whose boyfriends pay for them to get their hair done, their nails done, take them clothes shopping, and hold their purse, I will just say this: where do I get one of those??? I've never even attempted to ask a boyfriend to pay for my salon visit, and I didn't know there were guys out there who actually do that! I would say that's more wrongdoing on the guy's part than the girl's. She's not high-maintenance, he's just on a leash!
    I've known more than one woman who would call a guy's mere offer to pay for her salon visit, clothes shopping, etc either "controlling" or "misogynistic", or both. Best of luck if you guess wrong, fellas.
  • jayce54321
    jayce54321 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    It is not so much a matter of "low maintenance" as it is a desire for low drama.
  • melseeds
    Options
    Adorable answer! lol!
  • dylanafghjkl
    dylanafghjkl Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    My collar and cuffs match does this make me high maintenance

Yes sorry, destined to be alone forever.
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    IMO - being high maintenance is more to do with attitude and expectations than personal grooming.

I like to look good. The only places I don't wear makeup is the beach or the gym or bed. I do my hair nicely, I generally wear nice clothes and I like making an effort for MY OWN sake. I don't expect a man to do anything for me in that regard, but I can tell you right now, they appreciate the finished product.
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend says he likes that I'm low maintenance but I've always viewed that as an insult meaning I'm ugly. But he's been with me for 4.5 years so maybe I'm wrong lol
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    low maintenance could mean a lot of things.

I like to dress up and look pretty at times, but generally I'm very low key. Still some might consider that high maintenance.

I don't need or want expensive clothes, purses or shoes. Some might consider that low maintenance.

Sometimes High or Low might depend on ones emotional needs.

But realistically anybody you grow to dearly love, is both low and high.
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    i think that question has been confused with being cheap, this is not the case. what is meant is not being a fashion victim, i like women who creates her own fashion statement, this goes on and on.
    yes i do like a low maintenance woman