What THINGS do you LOVE MOST about your spouse/partner

Options

Replies

• taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    There is so much to love about my husband that I sometimes take it for granted, even though I don't mean to.

I love that he is intelligent. I love that he came from humble beginnings and reached for the moon. I love that he encourages our daughters to be strong, independent, and well-spoken. I love that he pushes me to work harder and never give up. I love that he holds my hand when we walk on the beach together. I love that he holds my hand on date nights. I love that he holds my hand at the grocery store. I love that he holds my hand when we're sitting on the sofa watching television.

I love that he never makes excuses for his actions. I love that he dusts himself off when things get to him. I love that he sees me as an intellectual equal and discusses everything with me without feeling the need to explain every little detail or thinking I won't understand.

I love that his biggest role model was his strong and vibrant aunt who lived life by her own rules and brought so much joy to him.

I love that when I was sick, he made me feel beautiful. I love that he doesn't even see my scars.

And I love his sense of purpose and strong moral compass.

I could go on, but now I'm crying.

As poetic as that may be, I am still convinced that I love suns more than you!
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    There is so much to love about my husband that I sometimes take it for granted, even though I don't mean to.

I love that he is intelligent. I love that he came from humble beginnings and reached for the moon. I love that he encourages our daughters to be strong, independent, and well-spoken. I love that he pushes me to work harder and never give up. I love that he holds my hand when we walk on the beach together. I love that he holds my hand on date nights. I love that he holds my hand at the grocery store. I love that he holds my hand when we're sitting on the sofa watching television.

I love that he never makes excuses for his actions. I love that he dusts himself off when things get to him. I love that he sees me as an intellectual equal and discusses everything with me without feeling the need to explain every little detail or thinking I won't understand.

I love that his biggest role model was his strong and vibrant aunt who lived life by her own rules and brought so much joy to him.

I love that when I was sick, he made me feel beautiful. I love that he doesn't even see my scars.

This is the SWEETEST thing I've read in a long time and I am also crying! This is what TRUE LOVE is all about! :heart:
  • IronCakes
    IronCakes Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    His peen.
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    That she is out there somewhere . . . she just needs to find me .

haha, good answer
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    He would/will do anything I ask for, even when it annoys him.
    He goes to work at 3am AND goes to school during the day to better our future as a family.
    He lets me be myself.
    He smells good.
    His blonde hair and red beard. :love:
  • TallGlassOfQuirky
    TallGlassOfQuirky Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    What THINGS? His, uh, thing, and the stuff below it.

I also love these traits:
    He is incredibly funny
    He is strong, physically and mentally
    He is smart
    He is responsible and reliable
    He is even tempered and reasonable
    He is affectionate and loving
    He is kind
    He is super sexy
    He treats me with respect
    He loves my son
    He is mine

Also, it's his birthday today so he deserves extra recognition.
  • Lemongrab1
    Lemongrab1 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Ah, all the things I could list that I love about my man.
    How sexy he is, how he lays the pipe, how he's an amazing cook, how I never have to work because he's so stinkin rich.
    There's the issue of him not existing, but that's minor hufflepuff.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    Options

I worry that this may be true.
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    What I love most:

In times of great strife he turns to me for support (and i give it).

He indulges my fancies and lets me return the favor.

That he is human and knows I am too.

That he helps make my world/life better than it would be without him
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

I worry that this may be true.

tumblr_lxoaerNAWJ1qbi1f7o1_500.jpg
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    He will get up on a step-ladder to "remove" an unwelcome spider from the ceiling for me.
    He brings home carry-out or takes me out for a meal when I don't feel like cooking.
    He does all the really tricky quests for me on my WoW characters.
    He considers my feelings almost all of the time.
    He eats my cooking and says he likes it.
    He tells me things will be okay when I am worried they won't, then he helps make that happen.
    He gives me freedom to be who I am and supports me in my endeavors.
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    That she is out there somewhere . . . she just needs to find me .

Dem feels.

XEBB5lr.jpg
  • watercolorarteest
    Options
    How do I love him? Let me count the ways *thinking of Roger Rabbit jumping on the bed* :love: :

1. *tongue in cheek* He married me for my money…but the joke was on him! :laugh: All he got was me and my debt!!! We laugh about this even still since that is what my ex accused him of doing. It’s quite comical. And despite this, he still married me, not once, but TWICE in the same month! (long story!) :heart:
    2. More seriously though and not in any particular order… I love that my husband loves me, and I worry that he loves me “too much.”
    3. …That no matter what, he would do anything to protect me, ergo, loving me “too much.”
    4. …That he loves that I want to be able to defend myself and encourage improving my self-defense skill sets (target practice, archery, knife throwing, etc)
    5. …That he does his own laundry and even helps out doing the linens without my asking
    6. …That he never pushes me to have dinner ready, and insists he can fend for himself if need me (and never hold it against me).
    7. … That he is never “too busy” for me. If I need him, he’s there. No questions asked.
    8. … That he is a complete mush for our dog, Starbuck. (A man that knows how to love a dog is a keeper!)
    9. … That he has a moral compass and that it is unwavering: we pray together, minister together and resolve problems together.
    10. … That whatever I endeavor to do, he supports it 110%. He always positively comments on my progress to become healthier and encourages me when I’m not “feeling (like) it”.
    11. … that whenever I am cold, he warms me up. Blankets, cuddling, starting a fire in the wood stove… and, if necessary at the expense of his comfort level (I’m always cold, he’s always hot).
    12. … That he sings to me… daily. He dotes on me… daily. He values my opinion on his ministry work… daily.
    13. … That we can laugh at each other and together.
    14. … that he still chose me anyway, knowing I was all done having more kids which meant he would never be a father (biologically) and he’s never held his decision against me.
    15. … There’s more, but I cannot go on since I am at work. He’s a lovely distraction though and I’m grateful for him, more than words can say. :heart:
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Boobs.
  • LarryDUk
    LarryDUk Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Which one?
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    face.
    sense of humor.
    bravery.
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    His "Stanley"
    He would be willing to kill for me
    He puts up with my crap (although I put up with more of his)
    He does love me, even if he is unable to be "romantic"
  • justinleebauer1
    Options
    Well since apparently the men here can't act like adults and are being childish and embarrassed, I will contribute for a little redemption. Since you know, we men can't show emotion. (come on guys, seriously?)

I love my wife, we've been together for 5 years, she is my rock.

Beautiful, Smart, Supportive, Complimentive, Funny, Young-Minded, Driven, Motivated, Inspirational, Unique and interesting.

Not a day goes by that I don't spend time with her, we have spent 2 nights apart since 2 weeks after we met and moved in together.

My wife defines me and who I am today, without her I'd be unfit, unmotivated and nowhere near as successful as I am today.
  • Camera_BagintheUK
    Camera_BagintheUK Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    My husband is my best friend. He supports me and encourages me - in this and in everything else!

I lost my job in Feb, and then was working p/t an hour's drive away in a horrible job with virtually no money for a few months, and then that all went horribly wrong, so I walked out. He held me when I cried, reassured me when I was scared, and made it safe for me to leave.
    He's picked me up when I've crashed more than once.
    He's supporting me financially while I try to find something else and try to build up some freelance work, he's optimistic and positive, he helps me with all sorts.
    He makes me know he finds me sexy and attractive :blushing: which I struggle to believe and accept. He puts up with the fact that I struggle to believe and accept it as well!
    He believes in me and loves me.
    He's not threatened by my insane and rather disturbing adoration for my gorgeous cats.
    He's not perfect and gets it wrong and winds me up and lets me down - but only enough to keep it interesting.

Keith - here's to you :heart: :drinker:
  • LarryDUk
    LarryDUk Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Well since apparently the men here can't act like adults and are being childish and embarrassed, I will contribute for a little redemption.

I love my wife, we've been together for 5 years, she is my rock.

Beautiful, Smart, Supportive, Complimentive, Funny, Young-Minded, Driven, Motivated, Inspirational, Unique and interesting.

Not a day goes by that I don't spend time with her, we have spent 2 nights apart since 2 weeks after we met and moved in together.

My wife defines me and who I am today, without her I'd be unfit, unmotivated and nowhere near as successful as I am today.

Thank god you showed up.