• SaraTN
    SaraTN Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Finally L2 is getting easier... I just don't like all the jumping --
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Finally L2 is getting easier... I just don't like all the jumping --

I hear you on that seriously. I have been "modifying" some of the stuff with jumping jacks but tomorrow I am going to try the entire circuit "as is" and see how that feels (with a brace on my right knee). I want to do the last 5 days of Level 2 the correct way.
  • healthydoseofglitter
    Options
    Day 5 Level 2 behind me ... thank goodness only 5 more days of it left .... though I did burn way more last night then normal. I really tried hard to get every move down. Day 6 today followed by zumba class :) I will be away from the scale for a entire week so I wont get my normal weigh in on friday. I might go through withdrawls!!
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    Ok. I attempted to do level 2 again, since I restarted that level ( starting today because I took 2 days off) well, it's not easy. I hate all the planks in level 2 and my knee twisted plus my palms hurt from all the floor planks too. I think I will be in level 2 for a while...she is one hard trainer!

Have a great day!
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    Tuesday = Off day for me ... I got the conductor gel today in the mail and I will use it tomorrow. NO MATTER WHAT THOUGH I am going to do the level "as intended" I can see obliques cutting thru as well as the beginnings of a V :)
  • sjyates
    sjyates Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I haven't shredded since Saturday! With being sick and my daughter being sick I just can't seem to make myself fit it in. I had plans to get back after it last night, but my daughter was extra clingy from not feeling good. Today I'm completely exhausted so we'll see. . .I will finish 30 days of the Shred - it just will take me a little longer than expected which was so not the plan!

I will say that I can REALLY tell that I haven't done the Shred since Saturday! My stomach is not as flat and I feel like I'm losing all my progress! So keep after it my fellow Shredders; it's well worth the effort!
  • TexasGirl92
    TexasGirl92 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Today was day 18 of the 30 Day Shred (day 8 on level 2). It's still tough but getting easier.

Since I will be starting Level 3 next week I was just wanting some suggestions on a workout DVD to try after this one. Has anyone tried any of Jillian's other DVD's? I have P90X but I not ready for that yet. I looking for something 20-30 minutes in length.
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    Today was day 18 of the 30 Day Shred (day 8 on level 2). It's still tough but getting easier.

Since I will be starting Level 3 next week I was just wanting some suggestions on a workout DVD to try after this one. Has anyone tried any of Jillian's other DVD's? I have P90X but I not ready for that yet. I looking for something 20-30 minutes in length.

I tried the On Demand workouts No More Trouble Zones and Burn Fat Boost Metabolism. After trying them out for free I decided to buy them. I may be doing one of the other on Saturday in addition to the 30DS. Will let you know.
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Finally back on track, I tried doing this 2 different days and only got in 11min and 14min, but today I completed it, so I'm now finished with day 18. I don't think I'll be moving onto level 3 right away, we'll see what happens. I did end up doing level 1 today since I've been having issues, hopefully I will get back to level 2 soon.
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    DAY 6 LEVEL 2 BOOYA BABIES!

D6 10/06 -167LBS (dropped 3 lbs since last week)
    Heart Rate Max:157
    Heart Rate Avg:132
    Calories Burned:207

I am happy to report that the conductor gel WORKS ... okay it 00'd out for a couple of seconds but it wasn't anywhere near as bad as it has been. I was able to do all the exercises AS INTENDED! This makes me VERY happy. I am going to try to put more gel on the electrodes and see if that helps retain the connection. If you are having issues go to AMAZON.COM and get some I am using something called Spectra 360 and it was like 6.00.

3lbs weights for everything this time.
  • healthydoseofglitter
    Options

I tried the On Demand workouts No More Trouble Zones and Burn Fat Boost Metabolism. After trying them out for free I decided to buy them. I may be doing one of the other on Saturday in addition to the 30DS. Will let you know.

I am doing the 30 Day Slim Down next. Google it. You will find a schedule of what dvds to uses when. It is Jillians 30 Day Shred video, No More Trouble Zones, and Burn Fat and Boost Metabolism. I will see if I can find the link and post it. maybe we can start a new thread for it when we finish this. :smile:
  • healthydoseofglitter
    Options
    Ok this is what I found online when i googled it ...

DAY 1 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 2 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 3 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 4 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 5 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
    DAY 6 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 7 - OFF!

DAY 8 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 9 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 10 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 11 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 12 - BANISH FAST, BOOST METABOLISM
    DAY 13 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 14 - OFF!

DAY 15 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1 & QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 16 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 17 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 18 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1 & 2
    DAY 19 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 20 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
    DAY 21 - OFF!

DAY 22 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2 & 1
    DAY 23 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 24 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
    DAY 25 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES & 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 26 - OFF!
    DAY 27 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES & 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 1
    DAY 28 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM & QUICK TROUBLE ZONES

DAY 29 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2 AND THEN LEVEL 1
    DAY 30 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES

Now that I read it better I wonder what Quick Trouble Zones is ... hmm
  • Positively_Me
    Options
    I don't know what is going on wiht me but since starting shred..I have GAINED 7 pounds. Not sure why..but it's really annoying me to see the scale going the opposite direction. I am not sure if i should stop or just keep going. I don't want to gain more weight. I was hoping to be @ ONEderland by now but instead I am sitting at 208... I am really frustrated with what is goin on with my body.

Has anyone else gained weight since starting Shred? or am i the lucky one..
  • healthydoseofglitter
    Options
    I don't know what is going on wiht me but since starting shred..I have GAINED 7 pounds. Not sure why..but it's really annoying me to see the scale going the opposite direction. I am not sure if i should stop or just keep going. I don't want to gain more weight. I was hoping to be @ ONEderland by now but instead I am sitting at 208... I am really frustrated with what is goin on with my body.

This happened to be when I tried doing p90x gained almost 15lbs ... I was so frustrated I stopped doing it after 2 months. Do you do this work out with anything else? How much weights do you use? Do you drink enough water? Are you eating enough? These are all factors that play a part when you start to gain muscle. Perhaps you need to up your water.
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    Ok this is what I found online when i googled it ...

DAY 1 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 2 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 3 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 4 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 5 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
    DAY 6 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 7 - OFF!

DAY 8 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 9 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 10 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 11 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 12 - BANISH FAST, BOOST METABOLISM
    DAY 13 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 14 - OFF!

DAY 15 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1 & QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 16 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 17 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 18 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1 & 2
    DAY 19 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 20 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
    DAY 21 - OFF!

DAY 22 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2 & 1
    DAY 23 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 24 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
    DAY 25 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES & 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 26 - OFF!
    DAY 27 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES & 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 1
    DAY 28 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM & QUICK TROUBLE ZONES

DAY 29 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2 AND THEN LEVEL 1
    DAY 30 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES

Now that I read it better I wonder what Quick Trouble Zones is ... hmm

Thanks for that ... I am going to do this beginning November 1. I have all 3 DVD's thinking the Quick Trouble Zones may be one of the options on the No More Trouble zones dvd?
  • healthydoseofglitter
    Options
    I looked on amazon and I believe that it is part of the no more trouble zone dvd. I have all 3 already so after doing the 30 DS I figured it would be great to try out this next. I love Jillian!
  • Positively_Me
    Options

This happened to be when I tried doing p90x gained almost 15lbs ... I was so frustrated I stopped doing it after 2 months. Do you do this work out with anything else? How much weights do you use? Do you drink enough water? Are you eating enough? These are all factors that play a part when you start to gain muscle. Perhaps you need to up your water.

hey ttv, I do drink enough water about 100oz, if not more, a day. I try to stay on my recommended calories (1200) but there are days I am alittle more hungry so I eat more..but I never go over 1600 calories a day. I usually do the shred and go for a walk, outside..or even a light jog.

Not sure what is going on with my body..but I don't want to see a gain. I did do level 2 today, even though I was sad with the scale, but I moved past it and finishing the month stronge. I also went for a light job/walk outside (for 30 minutes) and it felt good.

thanks for you help:flowerforyou:
  • TexasGirl92
    TexasGirl92 Posts: 76 Member
    Options

I am doing the 30 Day Slim Down next. Google it. You will find a schedule of what dvds to uses when. It is Jillians 30 Day Shred video, No More Trouble Zones, and Burn Fat and Boost Metabolism. I will see if I can find the link and post it. maybe we can start a new thread for it when we finish this. :smile:

Thanks for finding and posting the info on this. I looks like it would be a nice way to mix it up and I was considering both of those DVD for after the 30DS. So it's a win-win thing. :-)
  • eystelle
    Options
    I am in glad to know that they are on comcast so I don't have to buy the dvds will post measurements and weight on monday setting my reminder right now!!!!
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    Day 7 Level 2 IN THE BOOKS!

D7 10/07 -167 lbs
    Heart Rate Max:158
    Heart Rate Avg:139
    Calories Burned:231

3lbs weights for everything this time.

Okay if you have a HRM with a chest strap and it's buggin out on you GET CONDUCTIVE GEL FROM AMAZON. My HRM didn't bug out one time and I did all the exercises as intended. I suspect I was burning more calories in the beginning but oh well. not a big deal. I used a lot more tonight then I did last night with great results.