SWaT Walking Group

Options

Replies

• sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    We had Fat Friday at work today! 2 birthday cakes. And yes I had a little of both. Should have said "NO" but too late now. There is a fall festival going on in our town about 3 blocks from my work so I walked down and did some looking. They actually had fried twinkies. OMG! I took my pedometer and got in 2 miles. Then I did the 4 mile punch up your walk tonight to make up for the second cake! Gonna hafta really push it this weekend or that pound I was down this morning is gonna jump right back on that scale.

pmjsmom - let us know how you liked the new walking workout. I've never tried one by anyone other than Leslie Sansone. Might be interesting.

Everybody have a great weekend and "take those muscles for a walk" as Leslie says! :happy:
  • DesertCowgirl
    DesertCowgirl Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Everything is back to normal today. No aches or light headedness at all. So, I got in my 3 miles in an hour this morning and again this afternoon.
  • maynard46
    maynard46 Posts: 134
    Options
    Hey everyone. Beautiful weekend weather here in Wisconsin. I've got a feeling this is Indian Summer for us now and its just going to get colder after this. Im going to enjoy it as much as possible. The trees should be at their peak color next week. Thats always beautiful.

Friday besides getting the grass cut AGAIN with my pedometer on, my daughter and I went to a new area to hike by Lake Michigan along the beach. Alot of climbing up and down felt like a halfway decent workout by the time we were done. So I totaled 3.5 miles. Today my husband enjoyed the dog park and went for a 2.5 mile walk.

Got a feeling cortizone shots for the feet are in the near future for me though. Won't be the first time I just want to put it off as long as possible. It sounds like most of us have some kind of ache or pain doesn't it? :ohwell: Just have to make the most of the good days right?

Hope all of you are enjoying your weekend so far.

Keep walkin!!!!
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Sandy--So far I really like the Chris Freytag routine. Naturally there are a lot of the same moves as Leslie's' videos but she puts them together a bit differently. The video also has strength training intervals which are really good. It is fun and I am enjoying it.

I actually bought a package that was supposed to have 2 videos in it but I only received one in my download library and so now they are finding out what went wrong. The second is more advanced so I don't really need it yet as this one is pretty advanced, too!

I am going to do it again today even though today is my 'rest' day. We had company yesterday and I know I ate too much so I want to kind of make up for that today.
  • DesertCowgirl
    Options
    Got my 3 miles in the morning and again in the afternoon yesterday.
  • sandara
    Options
    Desert, Glad you are feeling better.

Maynard, It's been a beautiful weekend here in Georgia too.

Pmj, I'll have to check out the Chris Freytag workout. My problem is I don't have a laptop and I don't have room in my bedroom where the computer is. Can you burn downloaded stuff onto dvd's that will play in a dvd player? Not real savvy about that stuff.

I did all 5 miles of the 5 day slim down this morning. Wanted to get it in before I headed off for grocery shopping.

Back to work tomorrow! :sad:

EVeryone have a great week!
  • AZChatterB
    AZChatterB Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone had a productive weekend. I let Fri and Sat get away from me, but back on track today. i completed the WAtP 2 mile along with Short Cuts (her upper body workout; just came across the tape and needed something for that arm jiggle. Does anyone have any other suggestions??? Thanks!).

Nice to see fall has arrived; cooler weather should give us a boost!

Have a great week!

exercise.png
  • DesertCowgirl
    Options
    Got my 3 miles in this morning and then went out to my horses. Good exercise grooming them. ehehe No walk in the evening. Get enough of that while grocery shopping. LOL
  • pmjsmom
    Options

Pmj, I'll have to check out the Chris Freytag workout. My problem is I don't have a laptop and I don't have room in my bedroom where the computer is. Can you burn downloaded stuff onto dvd's that will play in a dvd player? Not real savvy about that stuff.

You can. You buy the workout so it belongs to you. I've never tried it because the 2 computers I use--1 is a netbook and has no dvd or cd drive and the other is old and the drive no longer works! I could burn them on my son's laptop but I really have no need for that.

You can also purchase it as a dvd but it does cost more ($19.99 vs. $14.98, I think)

I got to do the whole workout yesterday. It is more intense (or I was more sore! LOL!) and there are some floor moves towards the end. I did it, though, and I do think I am going to use it often.

Time to get ready for work. have a great day, all!
  • Lesliet05
    Lesliet05 Posts: 148
    Options
    well it was just a rough weekend, So didn't get any walking in. This morning I got 4 miles in
  • bjpkwiltz
    Options
    ok, so i joined the group...oops for got to walk...life really happened this last week, but just got my first mile in with the "raisinwalk"...so eay to get 1 down!!!! So thankful this group is here, see you tomorrow!
  • sandara
    Options
    Maynard, I'll have to ask my son about possibly burning it to a DVD. He's more up on that stuff than me! lol

BJ - I love the raisin walk!

I did the 2-mile Big Burn tonight. Just not time for longer workouts when I have to cook too! :cry:

I tried the new laughing cow Queso Fresco chipotle tonite. It's good. I spread it on top of my hamburger patty and then added salsa. Yummy!
  • Buccinator
    Options

I tried the new laughing cow Queso Fresco chipotle tonite. It's good. I spread it on top of my hamburger patty and then added salsa. Yummy!

I LOVE to use it on tacos to replace the cheese/sour cream!
  • Lesliet05
    Options
    Week is starting out good, Got 4 miles in today...YEA!!!
  • sandara
    Options
    Hope everyone is having a good week! WTG Leslie!

I did the 3 mile Walk off 10 lbs tonite! :bigsmile:
    I LOVE to use it on tacos to replace the cheese/sour cream!

There are so many possiblities! I'll have to try it with the tacos. I'm going to try the blue cheese out tomorrow.
  • iluvwdw
    iluvwdw Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I did another mile tonight. Took a lil break as not feeling well these days. Ticker still needs fixing.
  • pmjsmom
    Options
    bjpk--I like the raisin walk, too. In fact, that's the one I do if I'm feeling down because it always gets me smiling!

I forgot to let you all know--Exercisetv.tv has a new Leslie Sansone workout, too. It's only available for download, though. I plan on getting that one, too, just need to check my budget first.

I only got 1 of the videos I was supposed to get with my package. They have their 'tech people' working in it. I did get a free six pack abs download as an apology! I haven't done it yet but it looks both intense AND doable!
  • tracyts
    tracyts Posts: 113
    Options
    Haven't checked in for awhile. Didn't get any walking done over the weekend, but did do a 4-mile walk on Monday and then yesterday did 3 miles at lunch and then 2 1 mile walks after dinner. The kids hid the DVD remote so couldn't select the 2 mile walk so just did the 1 mile twice :tongue: .

Thanks for the info on the Exercisetv download. We were just talking how we needed a new tape for the group of us walking at lunch so that might just fit the bill!
  • Lesliet05
    Options
    Did the 2 mile walk slim fast start, and today was the first day that i made it all the way through all 3 boosts... :happy: :happy:
  • sandara
    Options
    Glad to see everybody walking strong. I"m gonna have to check out that exercise tv thing. I always like trying new walks.

Leslie, it's a good feeling when your able to do a move or workout you couldn't do in the beginning. It's a real measure of progress.

I did the 2 mile walk strong with the 2 lb hand weights. Couldn't seem to get going though, feeling a little sluggish today.

Everybody keep moving, we're on the downhill side of the week! Yay! Come'on Friday! :laugh: