• Jit7
    Jit7 Posts: 75
    Options
    Wow! Just Wow!

You ladies are amazing!
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    This is my current before/after. I am right around 190 now. The first part of my transformation was pretty much cardio. I have been lifting heavy for the last 8 months as well as HIIT for my cardio. I am slowly starting to get some definition.

59d512ff-130a-426c-9dd9-7f13c01ca8bb_zpsb27ee550.jpg

0b4b68f4-1f4d-449f-956a-2c6cdf12b7f0_zps9ccce393.jpg

a6f07e9b-18a9-4c6d-9334-110f5064c7fa_zpsebccea17.jpg

910ec7ef-ba89-4c13-8991-27eb15841788_zpsb7e8f9af.jpg

You look great how did you get calves like that, im jealous!
  • 1RareJewel
    1RareJewel Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • svmash
    svmash Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Still a work in progress
    3f1a1ae0-fdf4-447f-b003-ecf76d8b3f8f_zpsb81f0f83.jpg
  • Sierra_christine89
    Options
    I have a question for all the weight training ladies! Did any of you use a protein shake, or a protein powder (same thing I think), or some sort of supplement?
    I drink muscle milk occasionally, but I was wondering if anyone took something similar and got great results? I want to cut body fat % while gaining muscle.

Ahhh! These pictures are so motivating! You ladies are doing awesome!
  • KatieLou1022
    KatieLou1022 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    This is the difference in a year ... about six months of lifting heavy ...

2012September_zps59d994a2.jpg

2013Septemberc_zps648e882f.jpg

2013Septemberd_zps0fe82aab.jpg
  • megalin9
    megalin9 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I have a question for all the weight training ladies! Did any of you use a protein shake, or a protein powder (same thing I think), or some sort of supplement?
    I drink muscle milk occasionally, but I was wondering if anyone took something similar and got great results? I want to cut body fat % while gaining muscle.

Ahhh! These pictures are so motivating! You ladies are doing awesome!

I can't speak for other women, but I try to get all of my protein from my food. I aim for 1g of protein per lb of lean body mass, which adds up to about 125g of protein for me.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    bump
  • donohoe4
    donohoe4 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    This is my current before/after. I am right around 190 now. The first part of my transformation was pretty much cardio. I have been lifting heavy for the last 8 months as well as HIIT for my cardio. I am slowly starting to get some definition.

910ec7ef-ba89-4c13-8991-27eb15841788_zpsb7e8f9af.jpg

You look great how did you get calves like that, im jealous!

Thanks! I love leg days! For calves, my favorite is standing calf raises with a smith machine. I am up to 250 lbs. Any leg exercises will help.
  • Redheadllena
    Redheadllena Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Yep I try to get as much protein into my diet as possible as I am a vegetarian. I use a scoop Optimum Nutrition's Double Chocolate Protein Powder shaken/stirred into water or milk after my workouts particularly and sometimes first thing in the morning (a good way to kick start your metabolism). You can also mix it into food (oatmeal, yogurt etc.) Personally I also LOVE LUNA Protein Bars. They're not low/no sugar like some others I've tried but they're all natural so I justify it that way because they're just so yummy. Other bars will do the trick though, so find one you like. And of course, finding as much protein in your diet through good ol' food is always key! Greek yogurt is another one of my go-to's.

Hope this helps!! My pics are further back in this thread if you curious to see my results. I have found that protein is a great way to hang on to and build your muscles as well as to stay full throughout the day.
  • nikamar
    nikamar Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Bump for more awesomeness.
  • ambervaldez79
    ambervaldez79 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    This is the difference in a year ... about six months of lifting heavy ...

2012September_zps59d994a2.jpg

2013Septemberc_zps648e882f.jpg

2013Septemberd_zps0fe82aab.jpg

Amazing!!!!!
  • 6550mom
    6550mom Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Perfect timing for me to see this thread. I got derailed after feeling pretty good for a while.
    Now, I'm back at it and looking for reassurance that it will change my body the way I want it to.

Thanks to you all for putting yourselves out there and encouraging the rest of us.
  • christenafreda
    christenafreda Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Bump, for the inspiration!!
  • m4mefit
    m4mefit Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi, incredible achievement! Do some people you haven't seen in ages stop and stare at you with disbelief? I can't recognise you in the before and after pic. Different people!!!:smile:
  • ButterflyDame
    ButterflyDame Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    um i need to start lifting :love:
  • maz165
    maz165 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    These threads are truly my favorite. You all are so badass and great!!

I got halfway through stage 5 of NROLFW and started to just tire of the exercises. There were some I didn't like and the routines were getting too long to fit in my lunch break. I've since switched to stronglifts 5x5 and am a few weeks in and LOVING it. The simplicity of it and noticeable improvements make me excited to get on with it every day.

Now to just clean up the diet part... :P
  • nanadeek
    nanadeek Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Bump for later. Way to go Gals!
  • jessica182517
    jessica182517 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Bump!! Love this topic, you all look AMAZING!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!