Be honest with me...

Replies

• Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member

and for the most part we answered you...

that people probably wouldn't notice your size and think " she looks like a pierced pig" but rather people would hyper focus on the piercing and say "that's not for me"

we DID answer you...

your size has nothing to do with it. nothing...

so get the piercing and know that most people will be questioning why you did that...regardless of your size.

I know people will question it/dislike it and that is fine...but this particular answer is more what I was looking for...that overall my size won't sway their opinion...they will just wonder why the hell I did that...and that is ok...I wonder why people wear mom jeans on their flat *kitten* or have mullets or stacked haircuts or wear Crocs...I don't like that stuff and just because I don't doesn't mean they can't...

Thank-you
  • gramarye
    gramarye Posts: 586 Member
    **** no -- rock that septum piercing if you want it! :D

One of the fattest chicks I knew had a septum piercing, and she was a bad-*kitten*.
  • VelvetMorning
    VelvetMorning Posts: 398 Member
    I would pretty much have to see your entire wardrobe to determine if *I* think it'd look right, and it'd be based completely off what kind of clothes you own, not your weight. For example, if you wear A&F, I wouldn't recommend a septum piercing. :P Would I think you're a cow or pig? No. Worst case scenario I'd think you can't properly put together a fashion statement.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Not to sound like a complete *****

Too late!

Well, I got answers to a question I didn't ask. Judgemental answers. And people thinking I'm a ***** is nothing new...and I'm ok with that. But I really wasn't TRYING to sound *****y, but I knew if I didn't preface that, it would sound even MORE *****y. My attempt at trying NOT to be *****y failed...I'm not suprised though. ;-)
  • Purpleblush
    Purpleblush Posts: 12 Member
    I have mine done. I got it because wanted it and really didn't give a damn what anyone had to say about it . So with that being said if you want it GO FOR IT !!!
  • kyleekay10
    kyleekay10 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Ok, fine. I would think you would look like a pig.

Because I hate that particular piercing.

B-but... what if I got one? :frown:
    I would pretty much have to see your entire wardrobe to determine if *I* think it'd look right, and it'd be based completely off what kind of clothes you own, not your weight. For example, if you wear A&F, I wouldn't recommend a septum piercing. :P Would I think you're a cow or pig? No. Worst case scenario I'd think you can't properly put together a fashion statement.

Why shouldn't someone who wears A&F get a septum piercing? :huh: You don't have to dress a certain way to get certain piercings, and most people don't get them solely as a "fashion statement". It'd be silly to say my piercings suddenly don't look "good" or "right" if I happened to switch to a new clothing style.

One last thing for OP. Here's a bigger gal with a septum piercing. I think she's gorgeous, and the piercing looks fine.

smtesshoodie.jpg
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member

One last thing for OP. Here's a bigger gal with a septum piercing. I think she's gorgeous, and the piercing looks fine.

smtesshoodie.jpg

Then I'd have to break up with you on principle alone. :angry:
  • Frankie_Felinius

Lol. You sound like my fiance with the fashion statement comment. FTR, he hates the idea of the septum piercing. When I spoke to the piercer about it, I mentioned my finace was against it and the piercer goes "Call me when you're ready." Lol....clearly knew I really wanted it despite my fiance's feelings.

And my wardrobe is rockabilly/vintage...sometimes more rockabilly...sometimes more "classic" vintage, but with weird hair color and tattoos.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member

smtesshoodie.jpg

That hoodie screams bacon....
  • kyleekay10

smtesshoodie.jpg

:sad:
  • Frankie_Felinius

Why shouldn't someone who wears A&F get a septum piercing? :huh: You don't have to dress a certain way to get certain piercings, and most people don't get them solely as a "fashion statement". It'd be silly to say my piercings suddenly don't look "good" or "right" if I happened to switch to a new clothing style.

smtesshoodie.jpg

Jeesh, I think she looks smokin'...pig was not my first thought, it was she is an absolute doll. Ok...so apparently I am a shallow, hypercritcal, mean, judgemental ***** deep down because I'm the only one who thinks I would think "pig".
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Can't really offer you any valuable input since I think they look horrible on everyone regardless of size.

This. Exactly

Agree 100%

Agree 200%!
  • kyleekay10

smtesshoodie.jpg

Jeesh, I think she looks smokin'...pig was not my first thought, it was she is an absolute doll. Ok...so apparently I am a shallow, hypercritcal, mean, judgemental ***** deep down because I'm the only one who thinks I would think "pig".

Naw, I don't think you're those things necessarily. I think you're just insecure. :flowerforyou:

Like I said earlier, get it and see if YOU like it. If you don't, take it out. Done deal.
  • VelvetMorning
    It was a personal opinion. People can wear w/e they want, she asked what OUR OPINIONS would be. So, yeah. Btw, the girl in that pic doesn't shop at A&F. :P
  • Frankie_Felinius
    A genuine thanks to everyone who posted. Even if it wasn't what I was looking for! I think it's clear it is just my hang-up and this is really the confirmation I needed!
  • VelvetMorning
    A genuine thanks to everyone who posted. Even if it wasn't what I was looking for! I think it's clear it is just my hang-up and this is really the confirmation I needed!

So, tell us!!! You gonna get it?
  • gurltaurus
    gurltaurus Posts: 2 Member
    I vote that if you like it, you get it. At the end of the day, if you don't like the way it looks, take it out. :-) The key to happiness, and being seriously sexy, is confidence. Start with that... rock it, or don't, but do either one with ALL of you.
  • Guinivere
    Guinivere Posts: 357 Member
    To answer you directly, I can't speak for everyone else but I have first hand experience of being with a girl out walking down the street. She's about a UK 16 and quite attractive, not too alternative but more than one person called out "here piggy piggy piggy" and several people stared just a bit too long.

And it was gross when she had a cold....

Forgot to mention she had a septum ring!
  • Frankie_Felinius

Naw, I don't think you're those things necessarily. I think you're just insecure. :flowerforyou:

That's the understatement of the year!
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    This thread is useless without a followup post without pics.