Be honest with me...

Replies

• MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Not to sound like a complete *****, but I didn't ask anyone if they LIKED the piercing, I like it, that is what counts...I just want to know if people would look at me and go "Wow, why would a fat chick get a septum piercing?! She looks like a pig!"

Seriously, no sarcasm...I'm truly not being *****y by saying I didn't ask for personal liking of the piercing, I just really want honest opinions and to know if the general public would think that a fat girl with a septum piercing would trigger "pig" in their head...I would think that, but I'm hypercritical.

And I am so not averge size...I'm over 200lbs, a size 16/18 and medically speaking, obese....but good to know I'm a fooler. :-)

honestly... and I have no problem with piercings... but every time I see a septum piercing, I think of bulls

doesn't matter whether they are big or little... it's just the first thing that comes into my mind.

I've never thought of a pig. And never tied it to the person's character either.

ETA: and I never say anything about that thought to the wearer... unless they ask me to be honest with them.
  • PonyTailedLoser
    PonyTailedLoser Posts: 315 Member
    I think you would look pretty damn cool :)
  • Mongognom
    Mongognom Posts: 123
    My sister had one, and she was a bigger girl. But other then a few bull jokes that had nothing to do with weight, she didn't have any problems with it. That said most of the comments she got about it was from our mother who hated it. Most people will not care, and the ones who do isn't worth bothering about.
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    sadly probably does not taste like bacon

Well....
    frM3ivS.png

Hmmm, apparently raw tastes like tuna...Odd.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,488 Member
    Honestly, why give a rat's *kitten* about what other people think? If you were going to have a job in the public, then it may be an issue, but if it's just for you, then who cares what others say or perceive? Their opinions of it shouldn't have an impact on your life.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Because I have FEELINGS and I would FEEL like crying if I heard someone call me a pig because they thought it was funny seeing a fat chick with that piercing. This is the only tattoo/piercing that I have ever asked strangers opinions about...for that reason only. All others I have, I have despite whether others would like them or not. I have a tattoo on my side that would make me a pariah to over 80% of Americans....but I didn't ask anyone what they thought of that prior to getting it. It is hidden, for me and wouldn't make me cry if they told me their opinion of it. Their opinion wouldn't phase me, but hearing someone oink at me would make me teary-eyed, broken-spirited and head straight for the nearest box of cookies and make myself fatter...(why feeling bad about being fat makes me want to eat is beyon me, but it does), therefore, impacting me.
    Then you may need to build more confidence if someone's response or opinion affects you that much. There will always be people in life who will try to bring others down because that may be the only thing they have control over. They expect response from crude or rude behavior. It's probably their only way of feeling in charge of their own life.
    I own my life (well except for taxes) so how others perceive me is just a subjective view. Whatever the view, it doesn't affect my life whether it's positive or negative because I know what makes me happy. And happiness is probably why I don't view your dilema as one.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Can't really offer you any valuable input since I think they look horrible on everyone regardless of size.

THIS!
  • zeebruhgirl
    zeebruhgirl Posts: 493 Member
    I hate septums. Nothing personal, they justlook trashy.
    Coming from a girl with snakebites and someday dermal punched conch. haha
  • Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    "Septum" always sounds like something that should be covered by a bathing suit to me.
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    peteshrug.gif
  • VelvetMorning
    VelvetMorning Posts: 398 Member
    peteshrug.gif

This is your favorite picture, eh?
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    peteshrug.gif

This is your favorite picture, eh?

peteshrug.gif
  • cookieluvsya
    cookieluvsya Posts: 136 Member
    Tess Munster! she is BEAUTIFUL!!!! LOVE HER!!

Oh and I think you would look gorgeous!! I wish I could pull it off!

smtesshoodie.jpg
    [/quote]
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Anyone who would refer to you as a pig when you have a pierced septum, would probably refer to you as a pig without one. People like that are not worthy of your consideration.

You're lovely, and if you want to modify yourself in this way because it is something you like, then do it.
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    I got an eyebrow piercing despite what ppl told me. It got ripped out when i was drunk but I loved it irregardless. just realized my drunken self hated it
  • srogers89
    srogers89 Posts: 190 Member
    I think....it's your body and your life! If you want one, get one. Why not use it as a reward though? Maybe when you hit your halfway goal you can reward yourself by getting it done? Something to look forward to and work towards.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    One of my roommates got one and her mom told her she looked like a pig. And she weighed like 110 pounds.
  • kitsune1989
    kitsune1989 Posts: 93 Member
    I have mine done and love it. Seriously do it for yourself and screw what others think. Someone will always have something nasty and negative to say no matter what you do.
  • kyleekay10
    kyleekay10 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Tess Munster! she is BEAUTIFUL!!!! LOVE HER!!

Oh and I think you would look gorgeous!! I wish I could pull it off!

smtesshoodie.jpg
    [/quote]

I posted her earlier in the thread. She is definitely stunning!
  • primal_cupcakes
    primal_cupcakes Posts: 280 Member
    I think it would look great on you :D
  • primal_cupcakes
    primal_cupcakes Posts: 280 Member
    Punk f**kin rock definitely isn't about people pleasing