Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Thanks Robin for another rollover!!

@Susan - It's exciting you got an HRM! I keep looking at and comparing them. As soon as I can afford it (and there's not a bazillion other things that seem more urgent) I'll be getting one as well!

@Robin - I have the same issue with 'proper' squat form. It tortures my knees. I have to rotate my foot if I want to do them.

Welcome Emienne, 24 Sept, fellinlove,

@Gorilla - Happy birthday to Jr. Gorilla!

@Loserbaby - Sounds like you've got a great plan in place.

@Mr. M - Glad you got your new CPAP. Bring on the sleep!

@Kooky - Fly ball is fun! I did it (with all animals) my Papillon. The itty bitty little ball we used was as cute as he was, he ROCKED at it. He was also fantastic at agility. That little booger could JUMP! My mom fell in love with him and he want to live with her and became a hunting dog (no lie). My brother trains bird dogs and Doodlebug would tag along during bird work and steal the quail out from under the noses of the pointing Vizslas.

Im a spaghetti squash addict, ready for it to become plentiful and cheap! I've got TONS of new recipes i can't wait to try.

@NeuroticVirgo - I'm JUST getting back into logging again after month long hiatus. I had WAY too much fun and I'm not weighing myself either... because I'm SCARED TOO!

@JT Const - So sorry to hear the puppy was unwell! How old is he? It sounds like he's on the mend and you're doing everything you can for the poor little guy!

Mom made it home safely and as wonderful as it was to have her visiting it was SO nice to have my apartment to myself. I haven't been alone in 5 weeks... for me that's a lot of 'on' time.

I nailed the first job (second choice). I aced the phone interview with the other job (first choice) and have a face to face interview in two hours. REALLY hoping I get this one and they let me know soon because the first job has me starting on Monday. I'll feel bad about leaving after few days but... I can't turn it down just in case I don't get my first choice and I don't want them to put me off and find someone else who can start sooner... I'm TRYING not to feel bad because it's a temp position that could last anywhere from a week to a year. So they have no worries about letting ME go after week if they don't need me anymore so I don't think I should worry about leaving if I don't need them.

Planning my menu for next week is rough. My old job had a full pantry and our lab had it's own fridge (for food) so I could take just about anything. I have NO idea what either of these places offer by way of food prep. I guess salads for the first week for lunch and simple snacks that don't need fridging....

Edited: Not sure how I hit send when I wasn't done typing... but OK..
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    @Charlotte~One of my closest friends is a cardic ICU nurse and works three 12s, she loves it when her days off work themselves into a week off! :happy:

@Tom~Hooray for the new CPAP, hope you slept well last night.

@Holly~I’m so glad to hear you had a good night’s rest (wish I could say the same), excellent job with the walking and Zumba!

@Mel~I don’t like the consistency of spaghetti squash that is baked, it’s too mushy IMO. So I make mine in the microwave, I seed it and quarter it then place in a bowl with about a tablespoon of water then nuke for 8 minutes. Comes out perfect every time. Actually there are directions on how to prepare one on the sticker.

@Kris~Sending good luck vibes for your face-to-face interview!

I’m dragging today, not sure why. I tweaked my back at the gym last night so took a muscle relaxant and rx ibuprofen before bed, may have a “hangover” from the combo of that and my usual sleep meds. :yawn:

Exercise Goals:

Monday~Gym, Cross trainer DONE!
    Tuesday~Rest Day DONE!
    Wednesday~Gym, training session DONE!
    Thursday~Rest Day
    Friday~None most likely, session with RD at gym
    Saturday~Running drills at gym or outside
    Sunday~Gym, training session
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Sorry your puppy is not well and prayers all is okay. Good luck on the job interview. Way to go on losing the extra pounds gained.
    Hi everyone. I am EXHAUSTED. We got out beautiful new puppy on Monday night and by Tuesday afternoon I was at the vet because he was really sick. He was 67 percent dehydrated and had a low fever and everthing was coming out both ends. The vet did their exam and said he might have Parvo. I brought him home that night with care instructions but not much hope. Well seems the vet might have been wrong. They gave him fluids and some meds there and by that night he was mugging me for my eggs. I called and asked them what to do and they said he could have a tablespoon every hour along with hi pedialite as long as he didnt throw up. Well I have been up every hour for the last two nights making sure he is getting fluids but he is now active and bright eyed and hasnt vomitted since before the vet. The only thing we are still fighting is the diarhhea. I dont think he is getting dehydrated though as we are still supplementing the fluids he drinks on his own. I have to keep reminding myself he is only 6 and a half weeks old and would probably have loose stools regardless. So now that I have totally grossed everyone out HI.:laugh:
    I am super excited about a job interview I have this afternoon. I think I have a pretty decent chance as long as my lack of sleep doesnt make me stupid:laugh: It is full time and I really only wanted part time but I really just need a job in the field I went to school for so I can get some experience on my resume.
    I am happy to report I only have four pounds left to lose of the ten I gained back. Twoderville is once again just a small step away and this time I am staying there.
    I am trapped the puppy (Zeus) has fallen asleep under the legs of my chair:huh: \
    Welcome back to all of our returning friends. All the talk about lifting has made me miss the gym. I really do like strength more then cardio though I know both are necessary. I am hoping to get back on track with the workouts next week. I had some other personals planned but as usual I have lost them in the fog that is my brain. Have a great day everyone and I will check in again soon.:heart::drinker: :drinker:
  • lmackbethl
    Options
    bump
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I am so glad to hear the positive things about your interviews. Best wishes on the next steps of the process.
    Thanks Robin for another rollover!!

@Susan - It's exciting you got an HRM! I keep looking at and comparing them. As soon as I can afford it (and there's not a bazillion other things that seem more urgent) I'll be getting one as well!

@Robin - I have the same issue with 'proper' squat form. It tortures my knees. I have to rotate my foot if I want to do them.

Welcome Emienne, 24 Sept, fellinlove,

@Gorilla - Happy birthday to Jr. Gorilla!

@Loserbaby - Sounds like you've got a great plan in place.

@Mr. M - Glad you got your new CPAP. Bring on the sleep!

@Kooky - Fly ball is fun! I did it (with all animals) my Papillon. The itty bitty little ball we used was as cute as he was, he ROCKED at it. He was also fantastic at agility. That little booger could JUMP! My mom fell in love with him and he want to live with her and became a hunting dog (no lie). My brother trains bird dogs and Doodlebug would tag along during bird work and steal the quail out from under the noses of the pointing Vizslas.

Im a spaghetti squash addict, ready for it to become plentiful and cheap! I've got TONS of new recipes i can't wait to try.

@NeuroticVirgo - I'm JUST getting back into logging again after month long hiatus. I had WAY too much fun and I'm not weighing myself either... because I'm SCARED TOO!

@JT Const - So sorry to hear the puppy was unwell! How old is he? It sounds like he's on the mend and you're doing everything you can for the poor little guy!

Mom made it home safely and as wonderful as it was to have her visiting it was SO nice to have my apartment to myself. I haven't been alone in 5 weeks... for me that's a lot of 'on' time.

I nailed the first job (second choice). I aced the phone interview with the other job (first choice) and have a face to face interview in two hours. REALLY hoping I get this one and they let me know soon because the first job has me starting on Monday. I'll feel bad about leaving after few days but... I can't turn it down just in case I don't get my first choice and I don't want them to put me off and find someone else who can start sooner... I'm TRYING not to feel bad because it's a temp position that could last anywhere from a week to a year. So they have no worries about letting ME go after week if they don't need me anymore so I don't think I should worry about leaving if I don't need them.

Planning my menu for next week is rough. My old job had a full pantry and our lab had it's own fridge (for food) so I could take just about anything. I have NO idea what either of these places offer by way of food prep. I guess salads for the first week for lunch and simple snacks that don't need fridging....

Edited: Not sure how I hit send when I wasn't done typing... but OK..
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Hey 3M, best wishes for your new job. Hope you get the 1st choice!
  • 24Sept
    24Sept Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Thursdays challenge: getting stuff off my chest or fessing up, i wish i had more mfp friends. I am fessing up to sitting on my couch all day long.
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Melwillbehealthy Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    kah68, thanks for the recipe...I'll be trying it out.
  • Helenavee42
    Options
    Afternoon all. I've been MIA this week. I've been sick and I'm finally feeling better.

Thursday truth:I know I've been sick but I feel so lazy not working out. I'm guessing this is a good thing though because it helps keep me motivated.

Have a good evening,
    Helena
  • TOPSmarca
    TOPSmarca Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I am EXHAUSTED. We got out beautiful new puppy on Monday night and by Tuesday afternoon I was at the vet because he was really sick. He was 67 percent dehydrated and had a low fever and everthing was coming out both ends. The vet did their exam and said he might have Parvo. I brought him home that night with care instructions but not much hope. Well seems the vet might have been wrong. They gave him fluids and some meds there and by that night he was mugging me for my eggs. I called and asked them what to do and they said he could have a tablespoon every hour along with hi pedialite as long as he didnt throw up. Well I have been up every hour for the last two nights making sure he is getting fluids but he is now active and bright eyed and hasnt vomitted since before the vet. The only thing we are still fighting is the diarhhea. I dont think he is getting dehydrated though as we are still supplementing the fluids he drinks on his own. I have to keep reminding myself he is only 6 and a half weeks old and would probably have loose stools regardless. So now that I have totally grossed everyone out HI.:laugh:
    I am super excited about a job interview I have this afternoon. I think I have a pretty decent chance as long as my lack of sleep doesnt make me stupid:laugh: It is full time and I really only wanted part time but I really just need a job in the field I went to school for so I can get some experience on my resume.
    I am happy to report I only have four pounds left to lose of the ten I gained back. Twoderville is once again just a small step away and this time I am staying there.
    I am trapped the puppy (Zeus) has fallen asleep under the legs of my chair:huh: \
    Welcome back to all of our returning friends. All the talk about lifting has made me miss the gym. I really do like strength more then cardio though I know both are necessary. I am hoping to get back on track with the workouts next week. I had some other personals planned but as usual I have lost them in the fog that is my brain. Have a great day everyone and I will check in again soon.:heart::drinker: :drinker:
    Sounds like the stress very young puppies go through when they leave Mama/littler mates too early. My sister had the same issue the last litter she sold because she was talked into selling them before 8-10 weeks as she usually does. Lost one pup but more experienced dog people were able to save theirs by keeping them hydrated.... may be worth looking up so you don't have to continue to stay up all night!!!
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Thursday- I am feeling yesterday's workout tonight, but I knew this would happen. I tend to feel strength training workouts a day or two after the workout. I opted out of the gym tonight mostly because it was late then I realized that I would be busy this weekend so a rest day was in order. I have done okay on food this week, still working on getting the fat content down along with the protein. Not sure how this is working for me yet but at least I am not gaining. Today, I did notice that a pair of pants is getting to big in the waist, luckily I still have hips to keep them up. :laugh:

MyMowMow- Good luck with the job interviews may you get your first choice.

Helen- Hope you are feeling better.

Tom- Glad you got the CPAP machine. Hope you sleep well.

I have lots of grading to catch up on this weekend. I will get some of it done tomorrow since all my classes are taking unit tests during class. The grading is overwhelming at times so I am trying to make the most of it and only grade the important stuff.

8th grade labs x/95
    7th grade labs x/31
    Unit 1 BCR x/95
    Unit 1 BCR x/31

I want to get this down so I will be caught up. Then I can plan for next week.
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I've been checking in frequently during the day, just not posting for a couple of days. Nothing new on this front. Staying really busy with the kids and everything. The last couple of days I burned some calories cleaning out my pantry. It is a fairly good sized room, not a closet. The room is clean, the garbage dumpster is full, and I know what I need to stock up on at the local grocery store. They are having their semi-annual caselot sale this week. That is a job that I need to do more often!
    I've taken my short loop (1.5 miles) for my walk the last couple of days and supplemented my exercise with the pedaler. I visited with my physical therapist at church on Sunday. She suggest that I try applying heat to my knees before stretching them and riding the pedaler. I have been doing that and hope that it will help.
    I enjoyed the pictures that have been posted recently. Congratulations on all of the successes and welcome to the newlings. I hope that you will jump in and post often. That is the best way to get the encouragement that is available with this group.
    Have a good evening. Onward and downward. Kaye
  • TOPSmarca
    TOPSmarca Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hi all! My Thursday truth is that my results directly mirror the effort put into them..... there are NO excuses at this point though I have had legit medical issues that prevented my losing weight in the past. I am also talking longer term rather than even weekly results. I had done really well for months and then in Sept. I slacked off of the nutrition and low and behold the scale told the truth of my actions!!! Thanks to MFP and all of YOU I have gotten back on track and reached the big 3-0 tonight!!! That means I am over 1/4 of the way to goal!!! It honestly feels like I am living in the body of someone else!!!
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    thanks, N-Virgo for the reminder of the paper-towel analogy as far as weight loss goes and the visual imagery of how a person looks as they lose weight as compared to how a roll of paper towels gets smaller as its unrolled - you don't notice much difference when 2 or 3 or 10 towels are taken off the roll, but when a major portion of towels are taken you sure notice a big difference and weight loss is like that on a person.

To make it personal, when I had lost 40 lbs, no one really had commented about my body shape change, but now at 53 lbs, lost people are starting to comment - and I can see a marked difference now I couldn't see in photos at my 40 lb loss.

MW-Queen - so glad you got a good nites sleep - it sounds miraculous and I hope it happens more often for you :bigsmile: - hope you get a good rain but not a flood - way to go on the exercise - you're really busting the cardio!

jtconst - good luck with everything on your plate - the new puppy - :love: the job interview :bigsmile: and hopefully, getting back to the gym!

Mow - congrats on nailing one job and good luck on getting an offer on the job you really really want! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Kah - those muscle injuries can be a nuisance can't they :grumble: hope you don't have too bad of a hangover! :wink:

24Sept - you've got friends here! If you're stuck at home all day, make a list of chores to interrupt that couch sitting so you can have some activity, exercise, movement you can log in MFP and be proud of. You can find exercise videos on you tube too.

Laurie - ooh la la - smaller waistline - how cool!

Marca - such a big WOOT for reaching 30 lbs lost - :love: :drinker: congratulations - you did it ALL yourself! Every single ounce of every single pound you lost it yourself.

Well this was a great day for me - it was the first day ever that I have gotten up and exercised in the morning before I've started my day, and it sure made me feel good to start the day off that way. Fresh and showered and exercise out of the way, crossed off my list, not having to worry about it in the evening - what a relief! I'm going to have to do that again.....
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @marca--congrats on hitting that milestone!! :drinker:

@kaye--do you stretch before you exercise? I've always been told to stretch afterwards when the muscles are warm.

@laurie--Oh, I feel for you with all of that grading. I hope your day is productive and you get it done while the kids are taking those tests. I also get DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) from strength workouts--usually 2 days later. Your comment about your hips keeping the pants up made me chuckle. :laugh:

@helena--glad you are feeling better! :flowerforyou:

@24sept--we all have lazy days from time to time--the key is to make sure you are still under on calories. If not, there's always tomorrow to make up for it. :wink: Oh, and I love your taste in music!

@kah--thanks for the tip on microwaving the squash--I've always done it in the oven, but it takes so long!

@kris--crossing my fingers that you get your 1st choice!

@tammy--I was thinking the same as marca about the pup being so young. Glad to hear he's doing better though!

@mel--I agree that being tired also makes me lazy about my food prep and choices--thus, more prone to eating the wrong foods to meet my calorie goal and macros.

@holly--I'm glad you got a good night's sleep and hope things look up for you soon. They say "fake it 'til you make it" so the positivity should pay off. :flowerforyou:

@gorilla--:laugh: I don't doubt that your "curl free" workout still does the tricks for the arms, but I like doing curls and it can't hurt, right? :wink: I did switch to dumbbells instead of the machine and just did them along with shoulder presses in between my squat sets.

@charlotte--I think it's great that you get a whole week off after working your multiple long shifts. I used to work 4 days on and 3 days off when I ran a tutoring center. As a classroom teacher, I would much prefer a year-round school schedule than the 9 months on/10 weeks off that we currently have. I often wonder if that would help stem some of the devaluing of teachers--you rarely hear nurses' or firefighters' hard work dismissed just b/c they have odd schedules. However, many people feel teachers have no right to complain about long hours or low pay b/c of our "summers off."

@tracy--I am doing squats with an empty bar to practice good form for a week or two before I add any weight. I will use the same process when I add overhead press next week. IMHO 45 lbs is nothing to sneeze at! :wink:

Thursday Truth:
    I closed my diary last night under calories and carbs for the day, then I went and ate a piece of that darned toffee the DH bought me for my birthday. :grumble: I ended up over by 43 calories and 27 g of carbs. :blushing: I DID go back and add it to my log, and today I worked out my food and exercise so I can eat the LAST piece tonight and still stay within my macros.

Exercise goals:
    Mon-walk gunner DONE + cardio (at gym HIIT) DONE
    Tues--walk gunner DONE + gym (lifting and HIIT) DONE
    Wed--walk gunner DONE
    Thurs--walk gunner DONE+ gym (lifting and HIIT)
    Fri--walk gunner
    Sat--walk gunner + gym (lift + HIIT)
    Sun--walk gunner + gym (lift + run 5k)

Exercise & Weight:
    Bench press = 90
    Dead lift = 65
    Squat = 45 (bar only b/c just added today)

Upright row = 30 (kettle bell)
    Overhead tricep extension = 20 (dumbbell)
    Bicep curl = 10 (dumbbell)
    Shoulder press = 10 (dumbbell)
    Lat pull down = 100
    Tricep pull down = 80
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Really quick post and will have to catch up when I get a breather. Super long day. Up at 4:30 a.m. Flight at 7:00 out of Vegas arriving into ATL at 2:00 p.m. Shuttle ride 1 1/2 hours to resort - gorgeous! Ritz Carlton, Reynolds Plantation. I feel like Baby is going to come out of the hotel at any minute. Reminds me of the Dirty Dancing resort in the Catskills. Love it!!!

Grabbed a quick breakfast at CPK. No nutritionals, but took a good guess. Denver omelet, but used egg whites. 1/4 of potatoes and that's it. No lunch only Delta peanuts. Evening drinks/dinner with conference folks. Passed on drinks. Buffet, but yummy salad. Sliders, but I pulled off the meat and passed on the 6 little buns. Did indulge on a yummy S'more outside by the fire. Haven't had one in years. Divine. Plus, I got in a great walk on the nature trails today. Feeling good for the first day and only 3 more to go. I can do this!!!!!

View Full Report (Printable)
  • naceto
    naceto Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Well, it has been quite a crazy couple of weeks... Time to start AGAIN!

1. Buddy the dog is getting better. We had to do the subcutaneous fluids for a few days and man oh man did that do the trick! Our vet visit on Tuesday was all about impressing everyone with his walking and begging for treats! He is still a little shaky and seems to be in pain here and there. At least 6 more weeks on the double antibiotics, with vet visits every two weeks.... but he is on the mend.

2. As soon as the vet cleared Buddy the dog, Nicole the human got a nasty head cold. It has been all about the soup and comfort food, with very little physical activity (and only when necessary). I am so grateful that my job schedule is so flexible! They are great there.

Jtconst- OHHH poor puppy! He is so lucky to have you to care for him! You will get back on track quickly - you always bounce back and kick tushy!

Karen- Sorry I missed giving you proper online birthday wishes! Honestly, I was online but soooo tired LOL. It was pathetic. I hope your birthday was fantabulous!

Kris- I thought about you just the other day! I hope you got your first choice of jobs. Glad you got some quality time in with your mom. She sounds pretty supportive of you in so many ways!

RobinsEgg- I wish someone would hack my online dating profile.... okay, not in the way it happened to you. Sorry. That really is a terrible thing for someone to do. I would recommend creating a new profile from scratch. I had to do that with my son's Facebook page, because after the first time his account was compromised, it just kept happening!

What are we at? Thursday? Dangit! Truth... I haven't logged since last week sometime. I haven't walked, and just finished some pizza and a few cookies. :frown: Must get back on track... I took measurements for an assignment in my health & wellness class today... I am going to have to take them again at the end. MUST get healthy.
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    @ Jtconst – poor little puppy…misses him momma and brothers and sisters and getting sick. I’m sure once he gets used to his new home and the great care you are taking of him, he’ll bounce back and love it with you all.

@MyMowMow – hope you get your first choice job. Was the first choice the one that you’d have to move for? Or would you get to stay put?

@Helena – glad you’re feeling better.

@Laurie – looks like lots of grading…good luck with that!!

@GrandmaKaye – Oh how I miss my large pantry. And there was nothing better than the feeling you get when it’s all organized and cleaned.

@TOPS – Congrats on the big 3-0!!!

@Robin – sounds like a wonderful start to the day…NICE.

@Susan – If I ever become a millionaire (which would require me playing the lottery), I would build/buy a resort like Dirty Dancing. I grew up going to a lake resort (not that fancy) for a week every summer. It’s such wonderful memories (still going after 26 years) and I would love to own/operate one. ENJOY!!!

AFM – I was originally going to go for a walk by myself, but instead spent the time on my feet walking to many different stores and the mall. They have now added snow into our forecast (very little, but still) this weekend and my daughter is NOT ready for winter. I needed some fall/winter clothes and she needed her winter outerwear. Six stores and I got a pair of sweat pants and three tops for me and boots, snow pants, jacket, hat and gloves for Emma. Bring on the white stuff…she’s ready!!:bigsmile: While it was more start and stop, I still got quite a bit of walking in because I parked on one end of the strip mall and walked to all the stores.

I got some news at work today. I'm being re-assigned to a different manager. I have been in the same department (first as a phone rep, then as different levels of supervisor and now for quality improvement) for 15 years. They have decided that with some changes to the department, my role no longer "belongs" in that area of the company. And that's probably a true statement.

The problem is the manager that I will be reporting to is someone that I don't trust. A couple of years ago, he sought me out and talked to me about becoming a trainer for the company and basically told me I had the job, just to wait until the final approval goes through HR. Then a week later, they announced that another individual was given the job. I approached him and he basically said he was "forced" to hire this person. My response was that I understand there are politics involved, but that he should have shown me the courtesy of telling me face to face. :explode: I've been in management/supervisor roles and there are many times that you have to deliver bad news, but you suck it up and do it. I'm going to have a hard time working for someone that can't. But the benefits/pay/vacation of my work is really good. I'll have to see if I can suck it up and make it work. It would be hard to say goodbye to earning 25% of my annual salary put into stock ownership without having to put in a dime of my own money.

Thursday Truth: I didn't get my water in today, but I did meet my calorie goal.
  • kinnurse0754
    kinnurse0754 Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Hi All, A few of you commented on my upcoming week off, so I thought I'd mention that yes, my schedule is a master rotation in which I work 5 weeks and have 1 week off. Its great for me as it keeps me sane and gives me a chance to rest up or catch up on work that can't get done when I work the 12 hour shifts. I'm in my 40th year of nursing too so I get an additional 6 weeks of vacation time plus my 12 stats a year. I guess its one of the percs that keeps me going after so many years. Its probably why I still love nursing after so many years. I turned 59 this year and would like to continue working till 65 or 67 if my body holds out. Its one of the reasons why I'm trying to lose the weight and get healthier. Don't know if I'll be able to do it but thats my goal.

I guess my Thursday truth this week is that I still have not gotten motivated to start exercising again. I'm doing great with my foods and most days am under my calorie count and I've had no problem getting my fluids in. Thankfully I enjoy water. But, I just can't seem to get going on the regular exercises. I'll get a day where I feel great and I'll get a good walk in or do my gardening but then the next day, I'm too sore or tired and just can't get going again. I'm going to push myself on my week off to do something every day, whether its just getting out and walking or working with my Wii. Hopefully I'll be able to get motivated. I good drop on the scales might help.

@naceto - glad Buddy is getting better and hope you do too.

@susan - the resort sounds lovely. And good for you for being so conscientious with the buffet. Don't know how you guys who travel so much do it.

@tlh - I forget where you are from. Where are you that you're getting snow in your forecast? I'd be crying. I am in no way ready for winter. We're having such a nice start to October here in Ontario. Had a high of 24 several days this week which is incredible. The evenings cool down fast but so nice during the day. Rain in the forecast for the next couple of days so hope it doesn't drop the temps too much but anything is better than snow.

@skinny - I'm tired just reading all of your daily activity goals. Man, you've got energy plus. On top of everything you do for work you still manage to do all your exercising and now with all the lifting, so impressive.

@Robin - you are sounding so upbeat and positive these days. Not that you weren't before, but just seems you've got a new lift in your step. Are you still enjoying the volunteer position? Keep up the great energy levels. It makes me smile.

@jtconst - sorry your pup is having such a hard start to his new life with you. Hopefully he'll pick up soon.

@MowMow - All the best with the interviews and hope your first choice comes through for a great new job.

Well, got to get back to work. Its time for 4 o'clock rounds on my patients. Thankfully its a pretty quiet night tonight. I only have 1 fresh post-op patient and he's doing really well. All the others are several days post op and just about ready to go home. Makes for a great last night before my week off. Night all. Charlotte
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I'm in Bismarck, North Dakota and this is early talk of snow for us too. Apparently there is a bad storm in the Wyoming Rockies and Black Hills of South Dakota. We are now going to get the tail end of it. They are set to get up to 2 feet of snow while we might see an inch or two. The nice thing is that we're suppose to be back in the 50-60 range next week. That's more normal for us.