Guns

Options

Replies

• bloominheck
    bloominheck Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    You have to have a license to carry a firearm. Depending on where you live the requirements can be quite extensive and include background checks.

And I'm just gonna stop there:)

Nice firearm! :flowerforyou:
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    <
    private property.
  • bloominheck
    bloominheck Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    what do you have against showing off guns?

hJjoNdz.jpg?1

**drool**
  • sarantonio
    sarantonio Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Why do so many Americans have gun pictures on here? It is a bit scary.Thank god we can't in Australia just have them on us.....no not religious.. I couldn't handle the thought that anyone walking down the street has a gun on them. How do you handle it? Surely it is frightening. Turns me off going there for a holiday.
    Extremely few Americans are just walking around with guns.

We do, however, have a large number of people who like to hunt.

Try visiting a place before judging it.
    I believe there are quite a few Americans walking around with guns. I carry, my H does as do 2 out of 4 of my neighbors... however I'm in Texas
    Sure, But it's not as if every person you pass on the street is packing heat.

Lol. Thats right, we are trying not to scarethe Aussie... jk I get what your saying. I think I feel more secure k owing that people own guns, I know that if something were to go down, someone might be able to have my back.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I'm more scared of Australian salties than guns. I've traveled a bit in Australia, and can't get over how dangerous things are there.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    what do you have against showing off guns?

hJjoNdz.jpg?1
    That's what I thought she was talking about. I really haven't noticed a lot of people on here with photos of guns other than that kind.
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    Some states you can't carry, concealed or not. But you would be surprised at how many CCPs /CCW owners there are....I would not open carry since I have my CCW permit..but you woulndn't know I would be carrying. That doesn't mean that you should be afraid, you should be aware and have SA of all your surroundings. Have a great day.

someone with a concealed carry licence doesn't scare me at all, but I'm from Texas and know all the checks you had to go through to get that licence (regardless of what state you're in, Texas just happens to be a state with a lot of concealed carry people).

I'd actually like to see a breakdown of crimes committed by those who have that license vs. citizens who don't. Probably pretty shocking.
  • YouMadBro8281
    Options
    1911-Carry-ScorpionTB-detail-L_zpsb135173b.jpg

my baby
  • rml_16
    Options
    Some states you can't carry, concealed or not. But you would be surprised at how many CCPs /CCW owners there are....I would not open carry since I have my CCW permit..but you woulndn't know I would be carrying. That doesn't mean that you should be afraid, you should be aware and have SA of all your surroundings. Have a great day.

someone with a concealed carry licence doesn't scare me at all, but I'm from Texas and know all the checks you had to go through to get that licence (regardless of what state you're in, Texas just happens to be a state with a lot of concealed carry people).

I'd actually like to see a breakdown of crimes committed by those who have that license vs. citizens who don't. Probably pretty shocking.
    That lovely newspaper in NY published every legal gunowner's address in the state so start there!
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    I don't see that many who openly carry, but it does happen here in Ohio. I was putting gasoline in my car, and some octogenarian relic was wearing a .50 Action Express pistol (hand cannon) on him at the pump immediately next to me.

I guess he was pretty sure he'd be mauled by a Kodiak bear, or a moose at the Shell station. He chose it because it was "big and scary", but against people in the suburbs, it's just a stupid choice.

A lot more do carry concealed (with a permit) in our state, too. Lately, they're now allowing these morons to carry concealed weapons into the local bars/pubs as long as they "promise not to drink." Then why go to the bar? *shrugs*
  • YouMadBro8281
    Options
    I don't see that many who openly carry, but it does happen here in Ohio. I was putting gasoline in my car, and some octogenarian relic was wearing a .50 Action Express pistol (hand cannon) on him at the pump immediately next to me.

I guess he was pretty sure he'd be mauled by a Kodiak bear, or a moose at the Shell station. He chose it because it was "big and scary", but against people in the suburbs, it's just a stupid choice.

A lot more do carry concealed (with a permit) in our state, too. Lately, they're now allowing these morons to carry concealed weapons into the local bars/pubs as long as they "promise not to drink." Then why go to the bar? *shrugs*

Really ? a hand cannon? lmao some people just want attention.
  • NinjadURbacon
    NinjadURbacon Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    i own guns and i open carry. But i can conceal carry in alaska as well.

but in Alaska you never hear of houses getting broken into or anything like that. Because everyone knows the homeowner owns guns. I normally only carry when i go hiking or hunting otherwise its home protection.
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    Only in some states you can open carry. Most pics you see are of people in their backyard or at a range.

You're safe coming to the Maryland/DC area, we can't open carry.
    LOL!!!!
    Yeah, there are NEVER any shootings in DC.
  • rml_16
    Options
    Lately, they're now allowing these morons to carry concealed weapons into the local bars/pubs as long as they "promise not to drink."

I wonder how many bars are going to allow that, though. A hundred years ago when everyone WAS armed, bars (saloons back then?) made people leave their weapons outside.

Guns and drunks definitely don't mix.
  • brraanndi
    brraanndi Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Born and raised in Tx, no guns here or any in any part of my side of the family.

However my mother in law has a concealed handgun license. If anyone doesn't need a gun, it's totally her. She's way into the Alex Jones tinfoil hat wearing crowd.
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    Only in some states you can open carry. Most pics you see are of people in their backyard or at a range.

You're safe coming to the Maryland/DC area, we can't open carry.
    LOL!!!!
    Yeah, there are NEVER any shootings in DC.

Oh, you mean places it's illegal to own guns still have gun violence? Holy CRAP...
  • rml_16
    Options
    but in Alaska you never hear of houses getting broken into or anything like that. Because everyone knows the homeowner owns guns.

Nah. because you need an airplane to get to your neighbor's house! :laugh:
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options

Really ? a hand cannon? lmao some people just want attention.

My apologies, sir. I am an idiot.
  • YouMadBro8281
    Options
    Well . HI

ETA I was talking about the dude you were talking about.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    two weekends ago, i passed by a guy walking with his girlfriend/wife at the mall and he had a holstered 9mm in open view. he did not look like an off-duty cop to me either. it didn't bother me at all. we have open carry here in El Paso county. :)