I'm kind of appalled...

Options

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Stop worrying about what people do with THEIR kids. I hate when people shove their unwanted noses in other people's business. If a kid wants to have a purple drink, let them. -.-

What if the kid wanted purple drank instead?

url-81.jpeg
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I almost sent my kid to school with a ham sandwich on moldy bread this morning. That would have been awesome.

Surely mold has some value??
    Antibiotics.

Good point. Should have let her take it. Instead she took left over spaghetti with the understanding that it'd be cold when she ate it. She says the lines are too long to buy lunch.
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Stop worrying about what people do with THEIR kids. I hate when people shove their unwanted noses in other people's business. If a kid wants to have a purple drink, let them. -.-

You can't figure out how to change your gender that you erroneously put on your profile. Your opinion is not valid here.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options

Uh, she didn't shove her nose into anyone else's business. Reading comprehension fail. What she is doing is just judging the parent. She isn't asking what she should do about it.
  • Hollywoodm55
    Hollywoodm55 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Aw that's sad. I try so hard to make my kids cute little bento lunches with the sandwiches cut into shapes, and different little decorations, but it doesn't have to be that hard.
    I have to say though my husband was sending a can of chef boyardee to daycare when I overslept a few times.......not even opened.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Sounds like how my kid would make his lunch. That's why I make it. PB&J, granola bar, actual fruit, fruit snacks, juice box. Could be better, but it's good enough.
    A fruit snack and a purple drink is fine as ong as there's, you know, actual FOOD in there! I wonder how that poor little girl makes it through a day. All that sugar and no nutrition would have left me light-headed even at that age.
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options

Go have a kid or two, then come back and try to sit at the grown up table. Until then, OP is dead on right.
  • mathera26
    mathera26 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    her lunch was also much more than 1.75....

so yeah. Parent fail there.

So true!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Maybe the kid eats the sandwich before lunch...

Perhaps before school, could be.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Sounds like how my kid would make his lunch. That's why I make it. PB&J, granola bar, actual fruit, fruit snacks, juice box. Could be better, but it's good enough.
    A fruit snack and a purple drink is fine as ong as there's, you know, actual FOOD in there! I wonder how that poor little girl makes it through a day. All that sugar and no nutrition would have left me light-headed even at that age.

Yup, no issue with the actual snacks so long as there is some sort of balance in there.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    That lunch sounds delicious.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Aw that's sad. I try so hard to make my kids cute little bento lunches with the sandwiches cut into shapes, and different little decorations, but it doesn't have to be that hard.
    I have to say though my husband was sending a can of chef boyardee to daycare when I overslept a few times.......not even opened.

*LMAO* I'm sorry, but that made me giggle :)
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I almost sent my kid to school with a ham sandwich on moldy bread this morning. That would have been awesome.

Surely mold has some value??
    Antibiotics.

Good point. Should have let her take it. Instead she took left over spaghetti with the understanding that it'd be cold when she ate it. She says the lines are too long to buy lunch.
    Cold pasta is nummy.

And the suggestins that she's getting nutrition and home or eating the sandwich before lunch are what hopefully is happening. I can't imagine there's no nutritious food she'd eat, though. Even picky eaters will eat something that's "real."
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    I bet the kids mom was Goldie Hawn in Overboard.
  • just_Jennie1
    just_Jennie1 Posts: 1,233
    Options
    Maybe the kid eats the sandwich before lunch...

This could be true.

I remember when I was in grammar school I was having lunch and the dessert was vanilla pudding. I LOVE vanilla pudding and I wanted to eat it before my meal and the lunch aid came yelled at me for it. :angry: Thinking back now I wonder if she said "If you don't eat your meat you can't have any pudding! How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?!":laugh:
  • just_Jennie1
    just_Jennie1 Posts: 1,233
    Options

:laugh:

I love that movie.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I feel like there's TV show in there somewhere....

....oh wait...Jamie Olivers Food Revolution.
  • Fitnin6280
    Fitnin6280 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Poor kid, she can't be doing well in school with that kind of food. No nurishment for the body, no nurishment for the brain either...
  • jboccio90
    jboccio90 Posts: 644 Member
    Options

There is nothing wrong with a purple drink thing, but fruit snacks, candy and applesauce? that is not a substantial lunch.

what food groups does that even cover? "fruit", sugar and sugar.

and by no means am I against sugar.. I love it.. but a parent does owe it to their child to give them a little balance in their diets.
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options

:laugh:

I love that movie.

One of the best ever! My wife had never seen it until 2 years ago, and now it is her favorite.
This discussion has been closed.